Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Albondigas! now that sounds good and a chilled dry fino perhaps but I like a good real ale myself goes well with most things.
Whatever you wish!

How interesting is the idea of collecting the rainwater! I had thought the garage was to the right of the plant doorway (seeing the dirt track off the road), below pool level.
(I'm guessing)The space above the pool would make a fantastic "pelota" court once glazed!
Thanks for taking the time to explain things!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Whatever you wish!

How interesting is the idea of collecting the rainwater! I had thought the garage was to the right of the plant doorway (seeing the dirt track off the road), below pool level.
(I'm guessing)The space above the pool would make a fantastic "pelota" court once glazed!
Thanks for taking the time to explain things!
No the dirt tracks are just construction access they will be gone very soon. The lower basement is about the size of the Co-Op ballroom so most things would fit. We have an upper basement to the Casita behind the main house which would do for the pelota more shade from the sun in summer!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Sue,
Many thanks for this link. It's new, isn't it?
p.s. shall have a closer look at it today.
Wait till you meet the website designer and family, which we were privileged to do on Sunday, they are great and I think it reflects in the quality of the site.
</IMG>
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No definitely Spanish! My Architect/Aquitecto he's both and me Civil Engineer both wanted a proper job and we looked at some awful examples of clay blockwork before (and this is the lucky bit) our selected builder who was expensive for his blockwork said he would not change his blockwork subbie since everyone else was rubbish. How right he was.

It just seems to the engineer in me that if you design a dam great concrete frame structure against earthquake risk and then infill with blockwork that is not jointed and and has hungry joints even if you coat it with a nice layer of render, first good shake it is going to crack. If the shake is big enough a bit might fall off inside or out and if a block fell on your head from say 2m you would be badly!

However the brickies were not perfect just Spanish with skill and typically even given drawings at 1/20 they still set the door openings out 50mm from where they should have been and were most surprised to be asked to correct the error. But they did with a big hammer and a stilsaw.
Nice one, I fixed a plasma tv to our wall that is between the lounge and one of the bedrooms and drilled straight through the wall into the bedroom, it is made of 5 cm hollow bloques with a skim of plaster each side. lol
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Nice one, I fixed a plasma tv to our wall that is between the lounge and one of the bedrooms and drilled straight through the wall into the bedroom, it is made of 5 cm hollow bloques with a skim of plaster each side. lol
Our house has quite a few pictures hung where I did not really want them to cover up my OH's drilling escapades.

Rosemary
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:02 pm
hoski and Myra

hoski is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Our house has quite a few pictures hung where I did not really want them to cover up my OH's drilling escapades.

Rosemary
Hi there,
I have my son (9) coming out to Ayamonte for his half term break next week. The weather forecast looks awful! Can anyne suggest a couple of interesting excursions in case it's raining. Is there a football matckh on Saturday and if so is it possible to get tickets?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

What do you think?
Looks fantastic.

Last edited by Reptonian; Feb 13th 2008 at 11:29 pm. Reason: spelling and read John's next posts
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Looks fantastic. Is the large structure at the fron an infinity swimming pool?
Already told Carol&John that yes it is but not very deep since I was the smallest marine on the cadre and had to grow 1" to pass the medical so it is set at 1.4m. Overall the pool will be 14m x 5m so it is a lap pool really which suits the family since we all enjoy swimming lengths
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Knowing as we do that Fadesa staff do read this site from time to time, may I take this opportunity to congratulate one of their best, Paula Ferreira, on the birth of her baby last weekend. My Abogado tells me she worked like a trojan right up until the end on completions and so on.

Paula,

Many congratulations to you and your family.

Jonathan
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Knowing as we do that Fadesa staff do read this site from time to time, may I take this opportunity to congratulate one of their best, Paula Ferreira, on the birth of her baby last weekend. My Abogado tells me she worked like a trojan right up until the end on completions and so on.

Paula,

Many congratulations to you and your family.

Jonathan
Kath and I would second that for our completion last February Paula worked above and beyond the call of duty and when I was out in December I cheekly went to see if I could have a new tele and Paula was still at work and declined with a smile. She was a day or two late because on Saturday we were told the baby had not arrived.

We would wish Paula and Mike all the best with the new infant and hope the happy and healthy baby likes Ayamonte as much as us.

John & Kath.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hoski
Hi there,
I have my son (9) coming out to Ayamonte for his half term break next week. The weather forecast looks awful! Can anyne suggest a couple of interesting excursions in case it's raining. Is there a football matckh on Saturday and if so is it possible to get tickets?
Here's another plug for the Oracle
There is now a good coverage of local football fixtures ( page 39)

16-17 Feb. Ayamonte FC V Seville C
Recreativo V Deportivo
Recr. Huelva B V Chiclana Ind. ?
23 - 24 Seville V Zaragozo
San Roque Lepe V Jerez Ind. ?
Puerto Real ? V Ayamonte

There are plenty of other minor fixtures ,but I think the editor will have to explain exactly which teams are local & where they play
I would have thought the smaller games you just pay @ the turnstiles

Chris

Last edited by chrismortley; Feb 14th 2008 at 12:45 am.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:39 am
Just Joined

bonon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hoski
Hi there,
Even if it is raining - have you been to La Rabida to the Christopher Columbus site and climbed over the boats - the children love it. We also had superb tapas at a small cafe in Palos de la Frontera which is just down the road from La Rabida. Also the Rio Tinto Mines - there is a train journey around the site. (we have grandchildren so understand the difficulties). Mind you the forecast has been rain all week and it has yet to arrive!!! Pam
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Hi Helen,

Our solicitor helped us to sort out utilities etc.

IF , you need to furnish there is a new company who can do the complete package , IF you are interested you can pm me for info.

Have a look at Discover Ayamonte gives lots of useful information.

Sue
Hi Sue,
thanks for the link to Discover Ayamonte - have lived here for three years, but found the site very informative - even found out information about the village in which I live that I didn't know about.
For anybody that's interested visit discoverayamonte

Matt

Last edited by jdr; Feb 14th 2008 at 6:07 am. Reason: removing promotional url
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:19 am
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

Received the following offer from CE golf club today. Could be ideal for those visiting a few times a year.

SNIP, re rule 7, A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.

Last edited by jdr; Feb 14th 2008 at 6:06 am.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:46 am

TracyandGrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Can any one advise me on this one. When we signed for our apartment we were given a copy of a standard contract in English. We gave our solicitor POA to purchase and duly received a faxed copy of the contract. It is now nearly a year after the expected date of completion and having improved my Spanish enough to understand the contract to check it through I note that the solicitor did not fill in the line on expected completion. It finishes ....estando prevista su terminacion y entrega aproximadamente ....then nothing. Surely a date should have been entered - especially as this leaves it open for the company to take as long as they like? This is aside from meeting the quality standards. We have not formally been asked to complete as yet. Do I have any recompense? I have asked my solicitor for a completed contract. Anyone else not had a date on their contract.
We do have a date on our contract of April 2007. What I don't quite understand is Marisol's reference to the Bankers Draft - I don't think I have one of those - and how the dates tie in and what date the 1 year expiry runs from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.