Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 5th 2008, 5:51 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hi Sharon,
Sorry to hear about your boiler problem (touch wood, fingers crossed...), but are Fadesa still doing after sales for people who completed more than one year ago?
Regards,
Carol
No I don't believe they are, but ours was a case of mistaken identity they should have been looking at the gas supply to the house next door (which although I'm sure has completed is still empty) and did something to our gas supply instead . Grace knew it was Fadesa's mistake and that may well have had something to do with the speedy rectification!

Sharon
Old May 5th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it was sorted quickly.
Old May 5th 2008, 6:17 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madcarole
i am glad you posted yhthis i have mentioned this on other threads and asked if this was true and nobody semed to know that you cant drive in toe post sandals...
now i wonder how this will
affect me..i hae medical reasons as to why oi can only wear these type of shoes..do i carry a letter?? WOULD THIS BE LISTENED TO??
CAROLE
I dont know but it may be worth while getting a cetifed letter from a spanish doctor if you are that worried.or maybe a pair of driving slippers.I have never heard of any one being done for this but you never know.the law is a bit like the lottery.you do it for years then one day....It might be you....
Old May 5th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Never mind this crawling on your knees stuff just tell us how "nice" the weather is cos we are coming soon 7 days 12 hrs to lift off.
Lucky you! Have you looked at the long term weather forecast? What am I saying? It's been glorious here, today.
Mistake to crawl on your knees, I think:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xhgLSF...eature=related
Old May 5th 2008, 6:21 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tednsharon
No I don't believe they are, but ours was a case of mistaken identity they should have been looking at the gas supply to the house next door (which although I'm sure has completed is still empty) and did something to our gas supply instead . Grace knew it was Fadesa's mistake and that may well have had something to do with the speedy rectification!

Sharon
Yes its a very eazy mistake to make.....one is ocupied and one is not and they have them little number things outside the house
Old May 5th 2008, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Lucky you! Have you looked at the long term weather forecast? What am I saying? It's been glorious here, today.
Mistake to crawl on your knees, I think:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xhgLSF...eature=related
Every day I log onto ukweather.com and its looking good bit cooler than of late but better for us whities. Also have a look at the 2 webcams at the ferry and Punta Morel
Old May 5th 2008, 6:58 am
Banned

basta ya! this romeria has tired me out, so I'm sitting in the shade...

Re: romerias/pilgrimages:
http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti...ociacuteo.html

The Ayamonte Brotherhood of the White Dove left Ayamonte this morning on a 4 day journey to El Rocio, stopping en route at various places.
The various places they stop at would not be every bar en route by any chance
Old May 5th 2008, 7:15 am
Banned

My freind who is a scouser was eating out the other day.so he told the waiter that he was learning spanish and he wanted to show off a little on the esuri forum and asked how do pronounce the name of this place in spanish.
the waiter replied..........bur ger king
Old May 5th 2008, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

jacqandy is on a distinguished road

Hi Sharon,
Sorry to hear about your boiler problem (touch wood, fingers crossed...), but are Fadesa still doing after sales for people who completed more than one year ago?
Regards,
Carol
they are still snagging on mine that is because they still have not finished all what i have asked of them and this is two plus years down the line.They are slowly getting them done but they have a bigger job coming up next and that is remove all the roof tiles on my roof terrace as it leaks .I am sure they will sort it and as long as it is done while i am back in england i dont mind.All said and it doesnt put me off esuri one bit as i think we have found a little gem in costa de la luz
Old May 5th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by betris
When they done a survey in liverpool 70% of scousers said they realy enjoyed sex in the shower.the other 30% said they hadnt been to prison yet.
How dare you be disparaging about my home town ! I'll have you know that not only are we the European Capital of Culture for 2008, we have just had a brand new up-market Department Store open up. See photo for details (thanks to Kenny for photo).
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-image001.jpg  
Old May 5th 2008, 11:19 am
Banned

Yes we have all heard about that store.They sell you a white fridge.steal it back, spray it siver sell you it back then steal it again then spray it back to white then sell it to some one else.then sell you the one that they have just stole of some other customer.he has had the same stock for the last 5 years.and yet he has sold thousnds of fridges..it just keeps going around in a big circle
Old May 6th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacqandy
they are still snagging on mine that is because they still have not finished all what i have asked of them and this is two plus years down the line.They are slowly getting them done but they have a bigger job coming up next and that is remove all the roof tiles on my roof terrace as it leaks .I am sure they will sort it and as long as it is done while i am back in england i dont mind.All said and it doesnt put me off esuri one bit as i think we have found a little gem in costa de la luz
Hi Jacqandy

This may turn out to be a major problem for people with Terraces on CE. (+ People below) I dont think they have waterproofed any (or lets say 'not many') of them.

Water seeps through and comes out/leaks at some point below. Sealing this leak is obviously not the solution as its obvious that this will repeat. They have to sort out the root cause of the problem.... sealing the terraces.

I have identified this in my place and I have heard of this before as well... removing all the floor tiles and then waterproofing before placing them on again is a big job. Multiply that by the numerous terraces and we have potentially a legal issue on our hands if Fadesa try and weasel themselves out of that responsibility. I hope they don't of course.... but you never know.

If this isnt sorted, then in a few years time the roof areas will start coming down, bad staining on the walls of course and the place could look terrible. In our case the leak is in the outside corridor, where I suppose most of the leaks will be ( I hope so anyway - but a build up of damp can cause many other problems)

Damp is not a nice problem to have....

I have this on my snag list and I believe that already some communities are planning to take stronger action on this..

I do believe that there is a non-permanent solution that involves deep cleaning the tiles - and then applying a coat of some stuff that is clear and water-resistant. The problem with this kind of fix is that it needs repeating. I think Fadesa need to make a permanent (and proper) fix

Lets see...

Regards
Jon
Old May 6th 2008, 4:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Jacqandy

This may turn out to be a major problem for people with Terraces on CE. (+ People below) I dont think they have waterproofed any (or lets say 'not many') of them.

Water seeps through and comes out/leaks at some point below. Sealing this leak is obviously not the solution as its obvious that this will repeat. They have to sort out the root cause of the problem.... sealing the terraces.

I have identified this in my place and I have heard of this before as well... removing all the floor tiles and then waterproofing before placing them on again is a big job. Multiply that by the numerous terraces and we have potentially a legal issue on our hands if Fadesa try and weasel themselves out of that responsibility. I hope they don't of course.... but you never know.

If this isnt sorted, then in a few years time the roof areas will start coming down, bad staining on the walls of course and the place could look terrible. In our case the leak is in the outside corridor, where I suppose most of the leaks will be ( I hope so anyway - but a build up of damp can cause many other problems)

I have this on my snag list and I believe that already some communities are planning to take stronger action on this..

I do believe that there is a non-permanent solution that involves deep cleaning the tiles - and then applying a coat of some stuff that is clear and water-resistant. The problem with this kind of fix is that it needs repeating. I think Fadesa need to make a permanent (and proper) fix

Lets see...

Regards
Jon
The thing that you are refering to is no good in your situation its a seeler to stop water absorbtion.mainly porus bricks and old morter.or it could be a top coat seeler a bit like varnish for whant of a better word they should have tanked your terice in the first place.but the way it was built is normal practice here.as no one worries about damp.the attitude is...it only rains now and again and the sun will soon dry it out.

Last edited by betris; May 6th 2008 at 4:56 am.
Old May 6th 2008, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Jacqandy

Lets see...

Regards
Jon
Hi Jon,

I was amazed at the thorough way this problem was addressed by my builder when he was finishing off my terrace which is over an open basement. The first photo shows the raw concrete terrace. It was then built up and laid to falls with a cement screed. It was then "tanked" with bitumen and a bituminised polymer fabric laid on top. This is shown in photo two. Finally tiles will be laid on top as the walking surface.

This is how it should be done! I guess we had a good architect with a good spec and the builder knew what he was doing.

Regards,

John.
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-2007_12_14-007_edited.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-dsc00085.jpg  

Last edited by EsuriJohn; May 6th 2008 at 5:16 am.
Old May 6th 2008, 5:37 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a builder, but one thing I have learned is this. You either fix a leak problem or it will fix you.

There are seldom cheap easy fixes, they almost always end up worse and far more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.