Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 6th 2008, 5:45 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

They didnt work for fedesa.....I can spot the little tell tail sighns in the picture,can any one else spot them I wonder.

Last edited by betris; May 6th 2008 at 5:49 am.
Old May 6th 2008, 5:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
They didnt work for fedesa.....I can spot the little tell tail sighns in the picture,can any one else spot them I wonder.
They are using top quality stuff and its put down well.
Old May 6th 2008, 5:53 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Every day I log onto ukweather.com and its looking good bit cooler than of late but better for us whities. Also have a look at the 2 webcams at the ferry and Punta Morel
What web cams,the scousers nicked them ages ago
Old May 6th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They are using top quality stuff and its put down well.
Tut, Tut JDR.

There is only any point tanking an area if there is a reason to stop the water getting into the fabric of the structure. i.e. you'd tank a basement but not a foundation. Y'all appear to be talking about terraces with nothing underneath? Can't think of a reason that you'd apply tanking there tbh. If you're worried - scrape out the grout from the joints and re-grout with epoxy grout. If it's puddling ripp up the tiles and relay to a fall - a couple of hundred quid ain't worth getting into a tizz about - lifes too short.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Tut, Tut JDR.

There is only any point tanking an area if there is a reason to stop the water getting into the fabric of the structure. i.e. you'd tank a basement but not a foundation. Y'all appear to be talking about terraces with nothing underneath? Can't think of a reason that you'd apply tanking there tbh. If you're worried - scrape out the grout from the joints and re-grout with epoxy grout. If it's puddling ripp up the tiles and relay to a fall - a couple of hundred quid ain't worth getting into a tizz about - lifes too short.
Have another look, do you want to borrow me glasses. lol
Old May 6th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Have another look, do you want to borrow me glasses. lol
Look where I see no pics?? other than the one over the basement>

I'll go back a few more posts.

edit
Whats the post number with the terrace pics on?

Last edited by leighbloke; May 6th 2008 at 6:52 am.
Old May 6th 2008, 6:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Look where I see no pics?? other than the one over the basement>

I'll go back a few more posts.

edit
Whats the post number with the terrace pics on?
That is the terrace with I assume the garages under it.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
That is the terrace with I assume the garages under it.
I thought that was a self build villa?? with a basement - and that detail is just as it should be.

I understood the main isse to be with terraces on some App'ts - Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Old May 6th 2008, 7:30 am
Banned

Yes we understand where you are comming from.But the basements as you call them usualy end up as extra rooms of the house at a later date and some terices on esuri are leaking through but the fall is going toward the house and although sometimes there is nothing underneath but another say ground floor terrice.the celing and wall of the room in the house are soaking wet and mouldy black.so I think there are a few diferent indevidual problems to be solved

Last edited by betris; May 6th 2008 at 7:37 am.
Old May 6th 2008, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

I thought that was a self build villa?? with a basement - and that detail is just as it should be.

I understood the main isse to be with terraces on some App'ts - Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Yes and No. Jons apartment is on Costa Esuri built by Fadesa but in a different area. My self build villa is on a plot prepared by Fadesa but sold with all utilities provided (there were 900 plots each between 800 and 2000sq m in size). I was just trying to show John what the real Spanish solution was.

This is the latest picture of the villa that I have got. The pool is at the front at the lowest level then the main house and the Casita is at the top at the back. both have basements that have been tanked and the terrace waterproofed as shown.

</IMG>
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-jk.jpg  
Old May 6th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes we understand where you are comming from.But the basements as you call them usualy end up as extra rooms of the house at a later date and some terices on esuri are leaking through but the fall is going toward the house and although sometimes there is nothing underneath but another say ground floor terrice.the celing and wall of the room in the house are soaking wet and mouldy black.so I think there are a few diferent problems to be solved
Right. wiv ye.

Do you know if when they built the the prop'y there was a step or threshold between the house and the terrace - or if the floor was flat from inside to out side?

If there was no threshold - as far as I can see - tanking would be tricky.
as the reality is you need something to "tank" ie someyhing to run the liner up.

If it were me, (I doubt I could be bothered waiting for the contractors as they seem to be a little absent at times)

I'd rip up the tiles and paint with bitumen paint, screed the terrace to a fall away from the building wall - paint with bituman again and then re-tile on a solid bed using a waterproof or "pool" adhesive and grout with a waterproof grout.
Old May 6th 2008, 8:35 am
Banned

Yes but the point of all this I think at a guess.Some people have had problems.Some times fedesa will fix it and sometimes they are a bit slow.Some times the problem requires a little fix and its right as rain.Other times its a bigger problem.So a lot of people who have invested in esuri and are also reading things on this thred are starting to worry or maybe panic.You or I may say I will fix that when I can be bothered or next year before the rainy season but a lot are heading for a needless mental meltdown.
Old May 6th 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes but the point of all this I think at a guess.Some people have had problems.Some times fedesa will fix it and sometimes they are a bit slow.Some times the problem requires a little fix and its right as rain.Other times its a bigger problem.So a lot of people who have invested in esuri and are also reading things on this thred are starting to worry or maybe panic.You or I may say I will fix that when I can be bothered or next year before the rainy season but a lot are heading for a needless mental meltdown.
Yes I take your point - but the stress etc comes from the frustration of the problem not being sorted and being fobbed off or waiting around only to be let down again.
Things like this one aren't grossly expensive, and as has been said are undermining peeps enjoyment of their property - myself I'd say "sod it I'll do it myself or get someone in"
If it was a new roof or complete re-plumbing job yep I'd be nagging the developer - but for the couple of hundred quid, as I said originally lifes too short.

Just my take on it - it's not my money in this instance - but again is the hassle worth the few quid saved?
Old May 6th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are exaggerrating a bit betris... 'mental meltdown' is over the top.

Obviously you are an expert on this and dont see this as a problem and will 'get around to it sometime'. However I think it is good to point this out to the forum. From my experience most of the people here are not the unconfident, inexperienced or nervous people you imply that they are.

The problem I referred to is something that should have been addressed by Fadesa. They have already done some fixes, regarding lifting tiles and 'tanking'. Also the damp treatment that I referred to that you (incorrectly) think would not work, was actually performed with success by somebody in the block. As I mentioned this is not a good solution for me although it works , because this needs to be redone periodically - and that would end up being my responsibility... when Fadesa should have done it right first time.

John's post shows that this isn't the 'Spanish way' and that there are people out there that know how to build properly.

However the problem is that this could be pervasive across the development and there are many terraces with appartments below. Fixing this wholesale could be a big issue for M-F.

Most leaks as I mentioned would be in the external corridors, but still over time this could be very unnatractive. Also damp issues can escalate... you are the expert here, so you should also know that repeated damp, can over time, cause some issues. Even in hot areas like Spain where things 'dry out'.

I think it is valuable to share issues with the forum and I dont feel that I am dealing with inadquate people.

Regards
Jon
Old May 6th 2008, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I think it is valuable to share issues with the forum Regards
Jon
Jon please continue to do so,

We have just discovered that our roof terrace has sprung a leak, it's taken a couple of years for this to happen - but some of the torrential rain in April found its way through.

So we have found all the former posts quite interesting and timely.

Kerry + Al

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.