Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old May 6th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Jon please continue to do so,

We have just discovered that our roof terrace has sprung a leak, it's taken a couple of years for this to happen - but some of the torrential rain in April found its way through.

So we have found all the former posts quite interesting and timely.

Kerry + Al
As is my my way - The Irony of Captain Nemo's roof springing a leak is not lost!! Better check the torpedo tube seals are OK before autumn comes round!!!

Hope you get it sorted.
Old May 7th 2008, 1:20 am
Just Joined

kerry and paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Coming out for the first time to stay in our house mid May, never been this time of year before, what's the weather like and does it get cold in the evening? Any advice welcome!

Kerry and Paul
Old May 7th 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kerry and paul
Hi All

Coming out for the first time to stay in our house mid May, never been this time of year before, what's the weather like and does it get cold in the evening? Any advice welcome!

Kerry and Paul
Just returned after 6 glorious days in Costa Esuri/Ayamonte.Please check 10 day weather forecasts for temperatures but it was warm even in the evening and we sat outside to eat although my wife who is very nesh had a cardigan on.

Tony
Old May 7th 2008, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by kerry and paul
Hi All

Kerry and Paul
Mid May - Mid June are in my view the best not too hot spring is still in the air and the landscape is still green. Projected temps are mid 20s just a bit cooler than it has been last week. Add another 10* for sitting in the sun. Evening temps 12 - 15*.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:24 am
Just Joined

jules h is on a distinguished road

We too find May a fantastic time of year to visit. The temperature has been in the mid 20s both times we have visited in May. As Kath says lovely and green still, with flowers blooming. We have been able to sit out in the evening but I also need a light cardigan so must be 'nesh' not heard that saying for a long time.
Lucky you wish we could fit in a May visit this year!!
Oh well back to work.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyp
Just returned after 6 glorious days in Costa Esuri/Ayamonte.Please check 10 day weather forecasts for temperatures but it was warm even in the evening and we sat outside to eat although my wife who is very nesh had a cardigan on.

Tony
Hi

Im sure most people have this - but just in case here is a link to the 10 day forecast, just in case

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...&cm_pla=10-day

Right now we are giving Ayamonte a run for the money - perhaps winning even here in Northern Europe.......... but can't wait to get back!!

Regards
Jon
Old May 7th 2008, 3:45 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Jon please continue to do so,

We have just discovered that our roof terrace has sprung a leak, it's taken a couple of years for this to happen - but some of the torrential rain in April found its way through.

So we have found all the former posts quite interesting and timely.

Kerry + Al
Thanks Kerry and Al..

I hope we can all work something out regarding these leaks....

I'm happy to share information on this forum (both issues and successes/recommendation) because I've learned a lot here.

This forum helped us to achieve a great completion recently.

Some may remember the upbeat post I sent, about the great time we had on completion. And how so many things worked out so efficiently (+ the fun we had with other forum members) - when we got the keys. We were delighted with the quality of service we got after completion.

Thank you to all who have taken time to post both the good and bad stuff - planning for the positive and planning a way around the negative - has been really valuable to us!

We're looking forward to meeting more members over time.....

Regards
Jon
Old May 7th 2008, 12:55 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I think you are exaggerrating a bit betris... 'mental meltdown' is over the top.

Obviously you are an expert on this and dont see this as a problem and will 'get around to it sometime'. However I think it is good to point this out to the forum. From my experience most of the people here are not the unconfident, inexperienced or nervous people you imply that they are.

The problem I referred to is something that should have been addressed by Fadesa. They have already done some fixes, regarding lifting tiles and 'tanking'. Also the damp treatment that I referred to that you (incorrectly) think would not work, was actually performed with success by somebody in the block. As I mentioned this is not a good solution for me although it works , because this needs to be redone periodically - and that would end up being my responsibility... when Fadesa should have done it right first time.

John's post shows that this isn't the 'Spanish way' and that there are people out there that know how to build properly.

However the problem is that this could be pervasive across the development and there are many terraces with appartments below. Fixing this wholesale could be a big issue for M-F.

Most leaks as I mentioned would be in the external corridors, but still over time this could be very unnatractive. Also damp issues can escalate... you are the expert here, so you should also know that repeated damp, can over time, cause some issues. Even in hot areas like Spain where things 'dry out'.

I think it is valuable to share issues with the forum and I dont feel that I am dealing with inadquate people.

Regards
Jon
Yes but I talk to maney people who have spent a couple of hundred grand on a home and are almost in tears worrying and heading toward mental meltdown about some problems that appear to be bigger than they are.granted some are big problems And the solution for one problem is usless on another problem.but at the end of the day your problems will proberly be sorted out.they are under no obligation to do it right away it may be even be12months untill they get around to it.but you should bring all this up at the community meetings.It maybe the comunity will help you get it resolved.who knows.
Old May 7th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Does anyone have Carmen's (from the shed) email address please?
Old May 8th 2008, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Malcolm & Janet is an unknown quantity at this point

Phil & Sally

Have you got your dogs over yet?

Janet & Malcolm
Old May 8th 2008, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

tonyp is on a distinguished road

Just received information from Aymerich that the second course should be open 1st July.They just need a small club house on the first tee.

Initially play will be reserved for Aymerich members only.Bring plenty of balls

Tony
Old May 8th 2008, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by betris
Yes we understand where you are comming from.But the basements as you call them usualy end up as extra rooms of the house at a later date and some terices on esuri are leaking through but the fall is going toward the house and although sometimes there is nothing underneath but another say ground floor terrice.the celing and wall of the room in the house are soaking wet and mouldy black.so I think there are a few diferent indevidual problems to be solved
Think we have problems.... Regents Park Barracks - where the Household Cavalry regt operate from has horses stabled at ground level and the QM's dept underneath. Apparently there is some difficulty with this arrangement and horse p..s which leeches through the floor. All the stuff in the QMs is covered by plastic sheeting, and it is a fairly rich smell down there! Wasnt it one of those fantastic 60s-70s builds?
Old May 8th 2008, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Think we have problems.... Regents Park Barracks - where the Household Cavalry regt operate from has horses stabled at ground level and the QM's dept underneath. Apparently there is some difficulty with this arrangement and horse p..s which leeches through the floor. All the stuff in the QMs is covered by plastic sheeting, and it is a fairly rich smell down there! Wasnt it one of those fantastic 60s-70s builds?
This is just as rich HQ Scotland was a 70's system build called CLASP with a square tubular steel frame. The entrance was set back in a porch the two columns left exposed at the front buts thats OK they were galvanised. However for years the General and other senior officers brought their dogs to the office and they were allowed out to relieve themselves. You got it first stop was the two columns. BY the early 90's it was noticed that the two columns were rotted through at the step and were in a very precarious state. Still not to worry it was the Generals office right above the front door but they still had to be jacked up and a brick surround built to each one!
Old May 8th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

My suggestion to BE residents with a roof terrace is - Don't stable horses on your roof.
Old May 8th 2008, 5:20 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by leighbloke
My suggestion to BE residents with a roof terrace is - Don't stable horses on your roof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.