Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

What is Rodney's actual date of departure???????
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:08 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
What is Rodney's actual date of departure???????
29th or 30th November, so either tomorrow or Tuesday, come on Rodney WHERE ARE YOU? We are getting worried now.

If anybody is in touch with him privately can you please tell him we are all concerned about him.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
So Rodney isn't talking to us........but only to Don....

Cheers!
Now , please Cheers - I didn't say that - When Rodney gets near a PC again, he will speak to us ALL. Maybe his friend doesn't have one. We never know. I have a friend who, put his in the trash - said they take up too much of his time!

I would be lost without mine! Only my Wife, speaks English, here! Love to all you friends - Dontheturner
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:19 am
Just Joined

canadageoff is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted a huge thread about us moving back to UK , but it didn't show up. I'll write more when I know we are logged in properly, Desperate to move back to UK
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadageoff
I posted a huge thread about us moving back to UK , but it didn't show up. I'll write more when I know we are logged in properly, Desperate to move back to UK
I can understand that........I posted my life story first time around and it never showed up??????
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Seems I am logged in again.
Here's a quick history of our situation.
Me: Born in London 1949, Married in UK 1975, Imigrated to Canada in 1980 had son Dec 1980. Got divorced 1988.
Remarried in 1990
Valerie: Born Belfast NI, 1948, Married 1970, Imigrated to Canada in 1972, Had daughter ( now 39) and son ( now 33)
Got divorced 1987
Met me ( love of her life) lol
20 very happy years of marriage, but both hate living in Canada.
Val's daughter lives in Manchester UK for the last 10 years and we now have a grand daughter. Our two sons are Canadian through and through and have no immediate intentions of getting married, raising a family etc.
Most recently been in UK early this year for my Mums funeral and last years for my Dads funeral plus Val has been to Manchester 3 times this year for Grand daughter. Therefore we are no strangers to UK.
We are desperate to live out our retirement in the UK.
We are thinking of moving to NI area as Val has lots of relatives living in that area. Im sure it will be a scary decision`, but we are determined to do it.
I`m 61 right now and am ready foir retirement.
So, retiring in the UK plkease give us the pluses and minuse. especially the medical. I had a heart attack 5 years ago and wonder how that would affect any medical insurance in UK from age 62 to 65.
Please, sugestions, advice, comments, & help are most welcome.
Stay tuned as this will be a good story to follow. One thing is for certain, we will be doing it......................the when and the where will be the interesting facts.
Why don`t we like Canada can be done on another thread.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:43 am
Just Joined

I can understand that........I posted my life story first time around and it never showed up??????
You can only post yer life story once
Old Nov 28th 2010, 4:59 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Geoff, I have been on this thread since about February or March this year. What I did when I found it was throw up my hands with joy and glee as I mistakenly thought I was the only one with these homesick feelings.............a thousand or more posts later I know this is not the case........

I went to the very first post of the OP, Trotty True and I read every single post, mind you there weren't as many as there are now........

We all have our stories on here......follow the journeys of us all and of course you and Valerie are included now........you will LOVE it here, so take off your coat and I will put the kettle on.......we are like one big family here.....

BTW Geoff I bought my ONE WAY ticket this very morning!!!

p.s. You will find on the Moving Back To The UK bit loads of helpful links that we need when we have been away from home for some years......
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

HA-HA-HA......how come no one told me that??????????
Nice to "meet" you Geoff!
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Well just like you.....
UK-USA-UK-USA-UK-USA-UK-USA-??????
Does this match or meet your record;0)??
So when do you think you will be coming back? hahahaaaaa

By the way did your hubby ever return home? Ive been following your posts, alone on thanksgiving what a bummer, I hate the lonliness that some of us have, no matter where we are in this world we need True Friends.

It seems like you have your plans in place, Good luck to you as always.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Just been looking at the weather over in the UK after talking to my son last night who was complaining about the cold.

I was just looking at some snowy pics on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11853444

and had a thought............you don't think Rodney has got cold feet do you and changed his mind? Because it is a major life change and it IS scary......

So Rodney if you are lurking out there come inside and have a chat. Nobody will think any the less of you if you have changed your mind you know and decided to stay. Why some of us have ping ponged that many times it's a wonder we are still around to tell the tale.
Wow Barb that was awesome...

I saw a pic of Dinnington Nr Rotherham, I went to high school in Dinnington, my best friend lives there.

Tar Duck...
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Reply......40' container........five chihuahuas in quarantine in Belfast (after their BA flight from Dallas to LGW had to turn back mid Atlantic and land in Montreal as their conditioned/heated hold had quit) and me living with my brother. Two months later having purchased a big Citroen non automatic as a result of my brother's advice.....I couldn't stand another minute and so my beloved dogs and I returned to Dallas......oh yes......my container never got out of storage......some of my furniture has been to the UK twice and never smelled Irish air!!!!
I believe in FATE.....am I crazy????
Wow... and I thought I was the only crazy one, Back in 89/90 I sent six trunks to the UK, they sat in a warehouse down in Oxford for 6 months till I came back here.

Big Citroen, not automatic Yikes...
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Nooooo......Rodney would never change his mind.
WHERE ARE YOU RODNEY???????????
I bet Rodney is so busy doing last minute running around. Also sometimes it is not so easy to stay in touch when you are staying with friends. Looks like we might be leaving on the 30th. also. Now have 71 boxes packed and staying with friends. Had to delay our flight a few days as there was so much still to do at this end. Our quote for shipping 71 boxes, 3 chairs and an antique games table (backgammon/chess) was $3100. We will have 1/2 of a 20 ft container but will not be shipping until we have found a property in the UK.
Old Nov 28th 2010, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Welcome Geoff, I have been on this thread since about February or March this year. What I did when I found it was throw up my hands with joy and glee as I mistakenly thought I was the only one with these homesick feelings.............a thousand or more posts later I know this is not the case........

I went to the very first post of the OP, Trotty True and I read every single post, mind you there weren't as many as there are now........

We all have our stories on here......follow the journeys of us all and of course you and Valerie are included now........you will LOVE it here, so take off your coat and I will put the kettle on.......we are like one big family here.....

BTW Geoff I bought my ONE WAY ticket this very morning!!!

p.s. You will find on the Moving Back To The UK bit loads of helpful links that we need when we have been away from home for some years......
I've just read all the posts too, from the original Trotty true.
I see that you have just got your One way ticket, and we've decided that you are the 'chosen one' to follow.We'll be next, just a thought...........is there a site for peope that felt the way we do and it didn't work out?.......just covering all the angles
Old Nov 28th 2010, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello Barb...

Ive been putting off my Congratulations trying to think of something cute to say, its late and so I will just say Congrats you lucky Devil, Stop worrying, you know how to do this or you should by now.

Manchester... as I told you the other day I love flying into the UK, over the fields and homes with the amber street lights glowing... Manchester does come to mind as Ive flown there a lot, 615 am is a perfect time for that, I hope you've got a window seat so you can see the UK before you land, Rain or Shine it will be a beautiful day for you.

Ahhhh you've got something wonderful to look forward to, that's always nice...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.