Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:51 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

i think what was written in the orginal link was an example of life everywhere not just the UK its the world now doesnt matter where you life you will see it!!

kezx
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kez81
i think what was written in the orginal link was an example of life everywhere not just the UK its the world now doesnt matter where you life you will see it!!

kezx
Ehm, no it wasn't, it's about the trash culture in UK...A lot of cultures still have norms and values!!!
Something that seems to be missing in UK
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Ehm, no it wasn't, it's about the trash culture in UK...A lot of cultures still have norms and values!!!
Something that seems to be missing in UK
So why don't you move back to the land of windmills and tulips...
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:38 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
it sounds a bit like anywhere in the: supposed to be "civilized world" it's global and it's growing and we do have to do something about it... not sure what but something....it makes me think that we are all moving all over the world to "get away" perhaps we should "fix up" where we live now... just a thought....
What a great thought...first off we need to give our young people hope...I think that is lacking in this age of low paid jobs..little affordable housing...high cost of living..jobs leaving the country..I remember my dad have worries about losing his job the last few years of his working life...now it starts in your 40s...next its in your 30s...kids see their parents work and lose everything because of a job loss or ill health...why should kids even start to build a life when they think it could just be taken away from them a very short time down the line...gone are the days when people had a job for life...so gone are the days where our kids can grown up having a future to look forward too...
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

kids have got to have a childhood first.. .... learn to be kids.. and then the kids can become adults... its not all doom and gloom.. Each place, each country is different.. each and everyone has their good and bad points.. wouldnt it be boring if it was all the same everywhere.... kids need values at home to hope to achieve anything in adult life.. Let them get away with blue murder ur going to not wonder when they are older and acting like yobs. No one has ever had it easy.. my grandparents went thru the second world war.. there the job was just staying alive.. my parents i think had it a bit easier... no money.. but there was a future.. they were just all happy to rebuild and get on with it.. then there is me... i grew up where the world advanced in technology to the point that my childhood and my adult life are worlds apart.... microwave when i was a kid... ummmmm what was that.... today.. life without one.. ummmm no chance... Of course things are going to change.. jobs are going to be reduced as we advance.. we just need to get something else to have a purpose.. .and just wallowing in a pit of self pity because it aint what it used to be.. ugh!

when i was a kid we knew what fresh air was about. out the door in the morning and back before dark.... what do kids do today.???? pcs, text messageing and tv.. great life.. and look what is shown on the tv.. glamorising the most disgusting things...
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:09 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
It's sad, isn't it?
just a thought... i know of a story about a mother with a son that was "diagnosed" with ADHD she took it literally and took it as he wasn't getting enough attention... so she paid him more attention.... did things with him.... had fun.... playing.... and like a miracle he was cured.......

best ever health message... don't have the tv on all day... switch it off....... especially if you have kids....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:17 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
kids have got to have a childhood first.. .... learn to be kids.. and then the kids can become adults... its not all doom and gloom.. Each place, each country is different.. each and everyone has their good and bad points.. wouldnt it be boring if it was all the same everywhere.... kids need values at home to hope to achieve anything in adult life.. Let them get away with blue murder ur going to not wonder when they are older and acting like yobs. No one has ever had it easy.. my grandparents went thru the second world war.. there the job was just staying alive.. my parents i think had it a bit easier... no money.. but there was a future.. they were just all happy to rebuild and get on with it.. then there is me... i grew up where the world advanced in technology to the point that my childhood and my adult life are worlds apart.... microwave when i was a kid... ummmmm what was that.... today.. life without one.. ummmm no chance... Of course things are going to change.. jobs are going to be reduced as we advance.. we just need to get something else to have a purpose.. .and just wallowing in a pit of self pity because it aint what it used to be.. ugh!

when i was a kid we knew what fresh air was about. out the door in the morning and back before dark.... what do kids do today.???? pcs, text messageing and tv.. great life.. and look what is shown on the tv.. glamorising the most disgusting things...
who can remember having a "den" where all the kids hung out together.. we were never at home... down the park or the river or the den.....and playing "pretends"... my sister used to make me be "Toby the dog" from famous five... what about "bonfire night"... how dangerous was that.. brilliant!!!! public liability has done a lot of damage to all that "fun" you can't have public gatherings without it..... free world?.... don't think so.....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
who can remember having a "den" where all the kids hung out together.. we were never at home... down the park or the river or the den.....and playing "pretends"... my sister used to make me be "Toby the dog" from famous five... what about "bonfire night"... how dangerous was that.. brilliant!!!! public liability has done a lot of damage to all that "fun" you can't have public gatherings without it..... free world?.... don't think so.....
shoes??/ who had shoes.. we were out bare foot in the summer hols.. by the stream... marbles... lmao.. and rain... who the hell cared.... we thought we were just the bees knees ... way back then..
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:35 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Deedee13
shoes??/ who had shoes.. we were out bare foot in the summer hols.. by the stream... marbles... lmao.. and rain... who the hell cared.... we thought we were just the bees knees ... way back then..
we have to go back to having FUN.. which doesn't involve having to take drugs or alcohol to enjoy it.......this seems to be our measurement of fun now.....i was like that....thankfully my kids aren't interested in alcohol or drugs.. probably seen too much of it from their parents!!!!!!so they are our hope the next generation of thinking people....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:38 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I look after my grandson...and we play games all day....people can't believe how well he talks at age two...both American and English...

He planted new grass on the lawn the other day...and his job is watering the new grass...a job that would take me 5 mins...but now takes 2 hours.....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by why
it sounds a bit like anywhere in the: supposed to be "civilized world" it's global and it's growing and we do have to do something about it... not sure what but something....it makes me think that we are all moving all over the world to "get away" perhaps we should "fix up" where we live now... just a thought....
So true, good post!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:53 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by krizzy
I look after my grandson...and we play games all day....people can't believe how well he talks at age two...both American and English...

He planted new grass on the lawn the other day...and his job is watering the new grass...a job that would take me 5 mins...but now takes 2 hours.....

you are wonderful for that...... every minute of every day is a chance to play.... here's a good web site
http://www.zerotothree.org/site/PageServer
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:55 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by krizzy

here's another http://www.circleofsecurity.org/ enjoy
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
No it will not change my mind, this was all being said in my mad Punk day's
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:09 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: This might change your mind about moving back

http://www.vexen.co.uk/vexen/bio.html

I am fit and intelligent and live life to better myself and better others through the preaching of truth and philosophy.

I'm just grateful that Vexen has been put on this planet to spread his wisdom. He must be right in everything he says, given that most of the quotes he uses are his own. And he's got 4 A levels, Cisco certificates and everything.

On second thoughts, he's a clueless, self-important, attention seeking windbag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.