Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
It is why we left, but its bad here too, so we are thinking of going back. Swings and roundabouts, I think its getting worse in the Uk. I know its in other places too, but Im talking about the Uk here.
i dont think we'll ever find anywhere good or safe enough to raise kids,the worlds a crappy place sometimes.Its all about making the best of it ,isnt it.
Good to be aware of all the stuff going on,but depending where you live in the uk,you dont have to see this rubbish behaviour every day,or be in the thick of it.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
god noooooo! wouldnt do my reputation as a primary school teacher any good!
so we wont see you on crimewatch?? good
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

It is why we left, but its bad here too, so we are thinking of going back. Swings and roundabouts, I think its getting worse in the Uk. I know its in other places too, but Im talking about the Uk here.
It certainly seems worse than it ever used to be, but is it that its just more widely reported now? Every country has its problems, unfortunately there isnt that perfect place where everything in the garden is rosy, just gota go where it - hopefully - works for you.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:38 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

check him out with google! Is he really a man to listen to? :-
http://www.dpjs.co.uk/testimonies/vexen.html
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
check him out with google! Is he really a man to listen to? :-
http://www.dpjs.co.uk/testimonies/vexen.html
good research !!! that completely blasts it into oblivion for me !!!!!!
so there ARE darker forces at work then in the slagging off of our country!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose
so we wont see you on crimewatch?? good

nope, but i did see my cousin on a boozy brits thing on UK tv..laughed my head off...she was sooo common..lol
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

gypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to behold

Thats so funny. Im trying to convince myself to stay in America and here you are pulling the rug out lol

Well it is mostly true and that was 6 yrs ago hmmm...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:44 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
nope, but i did see my cousin on a boozy brits thing on UK tv..laughed my head off...she was sooo common..lol
Bwwaa, so you're the posh drunk one
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Bwwaa, so you're the posh drunk one
always!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:47 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thats so funny. Im trying to convince myself to stay in America and here you are pulling the rug out lol

Well it is mostly true and that was 6 yrs ago hmmm...
I think it all depends on your reasons for wanting to move/wanting to stay. Most people return home because of family, friends and financial reasons. You really have to put down the pros and cons for each country, tough decision!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

I didn't bother to read the entire page, but read enough of it to see that the author is touting opinions as facts, and most of his references are from his own essays. Who references themselves, ffs?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:23 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Malone
I didn't bother to read the entire page, but read enough of it to see that the author is touting opinions as facts, and most of his references are from his own essays. Who references themselves, ffs?
When I saw the OP's first post and the link I thought this must be wind-up.

Utterly unbelievable that some people actually believe this trash...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:27 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

I've just booked my flight back to Oz - get me outta here quick

Will you lot get your money back on those flights to the UK that you are all going to cancel now?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:46 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
"It has become the mainstream culture across the United Kingdom."

That bit isn't.
I'm afraid to disappoint you but this bit IS true.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:06 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
When I saw the OP's first post and the link I thought this must be wind-up.

Utterly unbelievable that some people actually believe this trash...
It's really sad that some people do actually believe everything they read no matter who's written it. If it's in writing, it's got to be true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.