Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:07 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

Satan Goes To Church

Just minutes before the church services started the towns people were sitting in their pews and talking.
Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church.

Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate. Soon, everyone had exited the church except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.

So Satan walked up to the old man and said, "Don't you know who I am?

The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
"Don't you realise I can kill you with a word?" asked Satan.
"Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone.
"Did you know that I could cause you profound, horrifying, physical agony forever?"
"Yep," was the calm reply.
"And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan.
"Nope."
More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Well, why aren't you afraid of me?"
The man calmly replied,
"I’ve been married to your sister for 45 years."
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:09 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
I'm afraid to disappoint you but this bit IS true.

What are you on?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

englishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond reputeenglishrose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Malone
I didn't bother to read the entire page, but read enough of it to see that the author is touting opinions as facts, and most of his references are from his own essays. Who references themselves, ffs?
same here.after the first few lines,i thought why bother.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:15 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LouiseD

What are you on?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

gypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to behold

I've just booked my flight back to Oz - get me outta here quick

Will you lot get your money back on those flights to the UK that you are all going to cancel now?
I hope so, maybe the guy that wrote it will to save us being corrupted LOL
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

gypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to beholdgypsygirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Satan Goes To Church

Just minutes before the church services started the towns people were sitting in their pews and talking.
Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front of the church.

Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate. Soon, everyone had exited the church except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.

So Satan walked up to the old man and said, "Don't you know who I am?

The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
"Don't you realise I can kill you with a word?" asked Satan.
"Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone.
"Did you know that I could cause you profound, horrifying, physical agony forever?"
"Yep," was the calm reply.
"And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan.
"Nope."
More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Well, why aren't you afraid of me?"
The man calmly replied,
"I’ve been married to your sister for 45 years."
I think I met her once, she works in our health department
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:05 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
I think I met her once, she works in our health department
Do you think she wrote the article referred to by the OP?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
she is right, that describes uk too well,sorry folks but this is exactly why we want out for our kids,it may happen everywhere i hear you say,but maybe not to the extremes it is happening in uk .

You make me laugh......Those ROSE TINTED GLASSES really do suit you, I just hope when they come off in a few months of landing you still feel the same way or you will look a bit silly!! (no offence intended)

LibbyX
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:13 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I never really lived in this 'village' Britain that has somehow go lost in the last few years...to me England has always been a bit rough...its just that now you hear more about it...there has always been from what I remember...gangs......crime...drinking...etc etc...its no new thing...maybe I grow up the wrong side of the tracks..and everyone else who left England for a better life was trying to get away from the likes of me .
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
I never really lived in this 'village' Britain that has somehow go lost in the last few years...to me England has always been a bit rough...its just that now you hear more about it...there has always been from what I remember...gangs......crime...drinking...etc etc...its no new thing...maybe I grow up the wrong side of the tracks..and everyone else who left England for a better life was trying to get away from the likes of me .

I am sure you are a very nice person really.

Like you say it all depends on where you live. I lived in a small village growing up and never even heard of drugs until I was in my 20s....Sheltered but great upbringing.

Now its plastered all over the TV about drugs and you can not protect kids from it like when I was a kid. I blame the media for giving it tv space and making us to aware of it. For example my Son loves The Simpsons and sometimes it refers to drugs and violence...how do I stop him from watching it when all his mates watch it. Sorry get of my soap box now!

Libby
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:23 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I've just booked my flight back to Oz - get me outta here quick

Will you lot get your money back on those flights to the UK that you are all going to cancel now?
A completely unreliable, uncreditable source from t'internet tells me that the UK is going down the pan? It must be true! We all know that everything you read on the wibbly wobbly web is true, after all, and our own experiences count for nothing. I barely even remember how to form my own opinion any more - I'm so used to being told what to think. I'm cancelling the flights now. Do you think I'll get my shipping deposit back?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:28 pm
Keeping Busy

Originally Posted by Geordie George
A completely unreliable, uncreditable source from t'internet tells me that the UK is going down the pan? It must be true! We all know that everything you read on the wibbly wobbly web is true, after all, and our own experiences count for nothing. I barely even remember how to form my own opinion any more - I'm so used to being told what to think. I'm cancelling the flights now. Do you think I'll get my shipping deposit back?
Hi GG

I think you will get your deposit back if you burn your UK passport

(PS on a personal note have a good trip back and keep us posted)
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:32 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Hi GG

I think you will get your deposit back if you burn your UK passport

(PS on a personal note have a good trip back and keep us posted)
Hi G,

Thank you. I got your PM by the by. I've not been ignoring you, honest! Just stoopidly busy trying to tie up loose ends and finish off my MA and stuff. We might take you up on your offer though, should we ever decide to head back and end up oop north.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:35 pm
Keeping Busy

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi G,

Thank you. I got your PM by the by. I've not been ignoring you, honest! Just stoopidly busy trying to tie up loose ends and finish off my MA and stuff. We might take you up on your offer though, should we ever decide to head back and end up oop north.
Look forward to pouring you and Mr GG a glass or two in the not too distant future. Good Luck to you both
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
You make me laugh......Those ROSE TINTED GLASSES really do suit you, I just hope when they come off in a few months of landing you still feel the same way or you will look a bit silly!! (no offence intended)

LibbyX
Indeed & to say the only reasons most people move back is for family/finances - no!

I'm still heading back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.