Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:05 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

Good post and so true.

I get so fed up with the generalisations that fly about on these forums. The majority of people are normal, decent and law abiding. Why can't people see that its the minority who are the ones that get the headlines
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:21 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gypsygirl
Well I only said might, I think alot of it is true.

I was born and raised in the uk and have never had an issue with the uk itself ,I returned from the UAE last summer where fashion conscious youths and heavy peer pressure are pretty much normal

Binge drinking, smoking, fashion - conscious youths, misbehaviour at school, petty crime, violence, racism, pub culture, peer pressure and irresponsible parenting are in various degrees the same the world over!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Geordie George
What the hell are you on about? How did you leap to that conclusion? This isn't the thread to debate it. Move to the other one and I will.
You shouldn't have started it on here then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:24 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
You shouldn't have started it on here then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse:
started what?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
started what?
He or she knows
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:05 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

started what?
there's another thread - in The Lounge I think - where there is a bit of a heated debate (!) going on about the McCann's and the rights and wrongs of leaving your children unattended!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:06 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
there's another thread - in The Lounge I think - where there is a bit of a heated debate (!) going on about the McCann's and the rights and wrongs of leaving your children unattended!
Ahhhh ok. I have never been in there. I best toodle on over and take a look
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:07 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

started what?
Trutje, implied on another thread that it was OK to leave your child unattended whilst you nip next door to the neighbors for a drink and it sounded like she did just that. There's a whole thread on bad parenting and negligence, that's quite heated.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arkon
Trutje, implied on another thread that it was OK to leave your child unattended whilst you nip next door to the neighbors for a drink and it sounded like she did just that. There's a whole thread on bad parenting and negligence, that's quite heated.
Maybe you should get your facts right! It was about something I know a lot of people do!!
As an example that parents are human beings and not always aware of the dangers they put their children!!!!
But apparently they are all perfect on that thread
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:19 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by arkon
Had a quick look in the lounge but could not see anything you are relating to, but i am not into all that sort of stuff.
I like an easy life !!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Maybe you should get your facts right! It was about something I know a lot of people do!!
As an example that parents are human beings and not always aware of the dangers they put their children!!!!
But apparently they are all perfect on that thread
Rubbish. You are right parents make mistakes. I went and took a shower and my 4 year climbed onto her bike seat and let herself into our pool area and went swimming. Some people might argue I was a bad parent, me I reckon I took my eye off the ball for 5 minutes. The McCanns didn't make a mistake or take their eye off the ball. They made a conscious decision to leave 3 children under 4 years old in an apartment alone. If you can't see that isn't a mistake then you are the most deluded poster on BE.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
Rubbish. You are right parents make mistakes. I went and took a shower and my 4 year climbed onto her bike seat and let herself into our pool area and went swimming. Some people might argue I was a bad parent, me I reckon I took my eye off the ball for 5 minutes. The McCanns didn't make a mistake or take their eye off the ball. They made a conscious decision to leave 3 children under 4 years old in an apartment alone. If you can't see that isn't a mistake then you are the most deluded poster on BE.
Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:46 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

same here - my little one dashed out whilst I was in the shower too .... it only takes a second which exposes how dangerous it is to INTENTIALLY leave children unsupervised.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 12:28 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
same here - my little one dashed out whilst I was in the shower too .... it only takes a second which exposes how dangerous it is to INTENTIALLY leave children unsupervised.
I was furious IM and I don't normally smack my girls but she got a swift hand around her backside that day mainly because I was afraid of what COULD have happened not necessarily what did happen. She hasn't done anything like that since, I think she could see the fear in my face.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 1:06 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was furious IM and I don't normally smack my girls but she got a swift hand around her backside that day mainly because I was afraid of what COULD have happened not necessarily what did happen. She hasn't done anything like that since, I think she could see the fear in my face.
and after they do something like that, and the anger has subsided you get tearful? I bawled after that and coudlnt get out of my head "what if"

having kids means eyes in the back of your head 24/7 - the little buggers!