Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:58 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

So Trutje....

why are there relatively few Dutch chavs? and to be fair, few violent Dutch gangs? If it's society, then how can one "fix" the problem in the UK? In the US?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:59 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
So Trutje....

why are there relatively few Dutch chavs? and to be fair, few violent Dutch gangs? If it's society, then how can one "fix" the problem in the UK? In the US?
Surely they're all too stoned...
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:59 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Sorry misunderstood!
But I didn't say that the kids are BAD. Not to be able to communicate , no future visions doesn't make them BAD. They are poorly educated, either by parents, family, education system, society!
I agree with that, you can lay the blame at the parents front door, which is an absolute shame that any child got stuck with parents who just don't give a toss. It's just a real shame that all teenagers get tarred with the bad name!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:01 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Surely they're all too stoned...

LMFAO!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:03 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I was thinking about legalising spliffs.... turn a few pubs into brown cafes.... would that be enough?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:04 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Ofcourse it's not all, but the majority is. You say yourself that it was bad when you was a kid. Well, that nothing has changed says enough!
Sorry but that is just absolute nonsense!! The bad ones are in the minority. I work at a university in a small north west town, where there are thousands of well behaved hard working young adults who are keen to shape out a decent future for themselves. They want to be educated. They want to learn. They are polite, well behaved, well brought up, respectful people.

Show me thousands of young people in just one small town who are mindless thugs and I'll listen to you.

I really do believe that the majority of people are decent. It's the bad minority who get the publicity unfortunately. You read in the papers about those who commit crimes but dont ever hear of the ones who behave do you?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:26 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
No it will not change my mind, this was all being said in my mad Punk day's
Exactly...and was said about the birth of Rock and Roll and before that about Flappers in the 20s and before that about the Romantics and before that the etc etc...right back to the Ancient Greeks complaining about standards slipping since they were 'lads'
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:09 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

It is no act! They just don't know how else to behave! They don't get taught, they have poor examples at home!
A couple of months ago there was a programm about English teenagers on TV,
they didn't have any future visions,no communication skills, just poorly educated by society!
In a way I feel sorry for them, what's gonna happen to the future with an attitude like that....
I love the fact that someone who defends parents leaving children under 5 alone is preaching about bad-parenting - with no sense of irony.

Post 45 onwards in this thread is very enlightening as to your views of what makes a good parent:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=459337&page=3
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:47 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: This might change your mind about moving back

Originally Posted by islandmom
no, I do not want to return to the UK and raise me kids there - ever

I just get more out of our lives overseas ..me me me me me me me (contd p94)....

Cheers for that. Only the 3 billionth time you've hijacked a thread on the "Moving back to the UK" forum to tell us that you're "not moving back to the uk". I'd almost forgotten.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:25 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
Cheers for that. Only the 3 billionth time you've hijacked a thread on the "Moving back to the UK" forum to tell us that you're "not moving back to the uk". I'd almost forgotten.
oh take a chill pill Eric - quite how one little post is "hijacking" I dont know?! maybe you need a little help with your exagerration problems ...

just giving my opinion that the OP's post was also OTT - it is an open forum you know - or do you also need a little help understanding big words like that
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I agree that the violent gang-on-gang behaviour is worse in the US. But like so many other social ills, Americans are usually able to "contain" it well away from the nice folk.

Maybe it's just the Southern culture speaking, but I cannot STAND seeing young people being rude to their elders. And that was true even when I was the young one.
It's not a case of being able to contain it .. America's big enough that the nice folk can just physically move away from it. European countries with the problem dont have that option.

Last edited by Tootsie Frickensprinkles; Jun 20th 2007 at 11:41 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 3:51 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I love the fact that someone who defends parents leaving children under 5 alone is preaching about bad-parenting - with no sense of irony.

Post 45 onwards in this thread is very enlightening as to your views of what makes a good parent:

Cool, Thanks GG, what a good heated thread, I've just finnished reading it. Oh and I agree totally, (with the bad parenting I mean)
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:52 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

As the old saying goes....

W*nkers breed w*nkers... nuff said.. England must be into 3rd of 4th generation by now... that's the crux of the matter.

I've noticed in Australia, how much discipline kids get in general. I've got friends with kids and there's no way they'd let them behave anti-socially.

In the UK, it's always somebody elses fault.. nobody takes responsibility for anything whether it's kids, teenagers, or whatever. Blame the school, blame the teachers (who can't discipline the kids anyway), blame the police for not patrolling, blame the council for not having anywhere for the kids to go, blame the government.. blame anyone as long as the parents don't have to take any blame....

I've lived in Cornwall, Dorset and Hampshire.. and i'm afraid Chavs are everywhere... including North Lakes/Mango Hill in QLD...

Live with it!

Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:04 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
As the old saying goes....

W*nkers breed w*nkers... nuff said.. England must be into 3rd of 4th generation by now... that's the crux of the matter.

I've noticed in Australia, how much discipline kids get in general. I've got friends with kids and there's no way they'd let them behave anti-socially.

In the UK, it's always somebody elses fault.. nobody takes responsibility for anything whether it's kids, teenagers, or whatever. Blame the school, blame the teachers (who can't discipline the kids anyway), blame the police for not patrolling, blame the council for not having anywhere for the kids to go, blame the government.. blame anyone as long as the parents don't have to take any blame....

I've lived in Cornwall, Dorset and Hampshire.. and i'm afraid Chavs are everywhere... including North Lakes/Mango Hill in QLD...

Live with it!

IMHO people who see the need to use purple ink deserve to be haunted by Chavs - be it in real lives or their nightmares...

x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Geordie George

We all make mistakes!! Bad parenting is a repeated behavior!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.