Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This might change your mind about moving back

This might change your mind about moving back

Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of
Default Re: This might change your mind about moving back

Originally Posted by snowbunny
So Trutje....

why are there relatively few Dutch chavs? and to be fair, few violent Dutch gangs? If it's society, then how can one "fix" the problem in the UK? In the US?
The Dutch are in comparisent to UK and US not a violent nation, that's why!

Like everyone says here, it's been like this for century's so people must be used to it........ Like someone said , live with it, so ignore the problem and get on with it. So, absolutely nothing will happen and it will go on for more and more century's!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

trutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud oftrutje has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elvira
Surely they're all too stoned...
Have you never heard that UK has a big drugs problem? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6566369.stm
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:02 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trutje
Have you never heard that UK has a big drugs problem? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6566369.stm
I don't know what you are trying to prove to yourself, but if you are leaving the UK for any of the UK's problems that you have stated so far, you're in for a bit of a shock when you discover they all exist here too, and many of them to a worse degree. Still there is no telling you so you will find out for yourself. Good luck and I hope you find your utopia.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Sorry but that is just absolute nonsense!! The bad ones are in the minority. I work at a university in a small north west town, where there are thousands of well behaved hard working young adults who are keen to shape out a decent future for themselves. They want to be educated. They want to learn. They are polite, well behaved, well brought up, respectful people.

Show me thousands of young people in just one small town who are mindless thugs and I'll listen to you.

I really do believe that the majority of people are decent. It's the bad minority who get the publicity unfortunately. You read in the papers about those who commit crimes but dont ever hear of the ones who behave do you?
It's not something I have invented! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6109916.stm
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arkon
I don't know what you are trying to prove to yourself, but if you are leaving the UK for any of the UK's problems that you have stated so far, you're in for a bit of a shock when you discover they all exist here too, and many of them to a worse degree. Still there is no telling you so you will find out for yourself. Good luck and I hope you find your utopia.
I don't want to prove anything, it's facts!
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I have lived in several country's all over the world.

This thread is called:This might change your mind about moving back.
Nothing can stop anyone who's determent to move back, but doesn't mean you shouldn't know about the issues.

I also want to add the things I love about UK, just in case people think I have NOTHING possitive to say!

It's a beautiful country, great musicians, great film producers, top tv programms, good theatre, long history, good humour, Austin Martin, Jonathan Ross.

Last edited by trutje; Jun 21st 2007 at 9:36 am.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:49 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to prove anything, it's facts!
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I have lived in several country's all over the world.

This thread is called:This might change your mind about moving back.
Nothing can stop anyone who's determent to move back, but doesn't mean you shouldn't know about the issues.

I also want to add the things I love about UK, just in case people think I have NOTHING possitive to say!

It's a beautiful country, great musicians, great film producers, top tv programms, good theatre, long history, good humour, Austin Martin, Jonathan Ross.
Trutje - perpetually quoting items from news and media to me is completely meaningless - instead I look around me to see what is going on where I live - when I look around I see an environment that I love, that I want my children to grow up in - I see no evidence of the hyped up news items that you quote.

The greatest lesson I learned by going to Oz and coming home again was to stop believing everything I read/hear in the media and open my eyes and look around me and judge for myself! (that and that 'the grass is NOT always greener!)
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And you think it's alone in that?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:03 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

From memory (and i dated a Dutchman from Rotterdam for a while) Holland has just as many social problems as the UK. I remember the football hooligans, drug and gang violence. Quite a lot of racial tensions too. So much so one of your prominent politicians was murdered was he not over racial policies and such like?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
From memory (and i dated a Dutchman from Rotterdam for a while) Holland has just as many social problems as the UK. I remember the football hooligans, drug and gang violence. Quite a lot of racial tensions too. So much so one of your prominent politicians was murdered was he not over racial policies and such like?
I have never said Holland hasn't got issues! Why do you think I'm not living there?
Racial issue is big in Holland, less in UK. All country's have problems but it's a personal view what you most detest.
I personal hate rasicm, ignorance, no manners, rudeness and agression.
I have lived in Barbados for 3 years previous and kids were polite, opened the door for you, said please and thank you, studied hard, basicaly showed respect to anyone. So, it's possible!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:20 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I have never said Holland hasn't got issues! Why do you think I'm not living there?
Racial issue is big in Holland, less in UK. All country's have problems but it's a personal view what you most detest.
I personal hate rasicm, ignorance, no manners, rudeness and agression.
I have lived in Barbados for 3 years previous and kids were polite, opened the door for you, said please and thank you, studied hard, basicaly showed respect to anyone. So, it's possible!

Geeez... you are gonna just lurrrrve Australia then!! LMAO
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Trutje - perpetually quoting items from news and media to me is completely meaningless - instead I look around me to see what is going on where I live - when I look around I see an environment that I love, that I want my children to grow up in - I see no evidence of the hyped up news items that you quote.

The greatest lesson I learned by going to Oz and coming home again was to stop believing everything I read/hear in the media and open my eyes and look around me and judge for myself! (that and that 'the grass is NOT always greener!)
Top post xxxx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And you think it's alone in that?
NO, but I live here NOW so it effects my kids and myself.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Geeez... you are gonna just lurrrrve Australia then!! LMAO

Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pommybird

You look around and see a place you love, I look around and see a place that gives me the creeps.
I have opened my eyes and looked around and was not suprised to read my conclusion.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:29 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Top post xxxx
Thanks birdy - don't usually bother replying to these dross posts but it just gets my goat that people occasionally come onto this forum attaching some dramatic headline thinking it will make a difference to how we think - HELLO -this is British Expats - we all live/have lived here and have family here - for the love of God we do not need to be quoted meaningless, hyped up media mumbo jumbo to make an informed decision about living in the UK

O.K rant over - as you were!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.