Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Feb 22nd 2023, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Has anyone experienced applying for a work visa from the USA? How long did it take?

Also has anyone applied for a work visa while having the degree attestation pending? I know recently they started doing work visas while the degree attestation is pending.
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 11:32 am
Just Joined

kats83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I've just begun the onboarding process with NEOM & have been adviced that the school admissions are frozen for year 2023/24 to new joiners. Is there anyone on site that could reaffirm this? I've tried calling the school with the number provided above in this post but no one seems to be picking up.
Old Feb 23rd 2023, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kats83
Hi All, I've just begun the onboarding process with NEOM & have been adviced that the school admissions are frozen for year 2023/24 to new joiners. Is there anyone on site that could reaffirm this? I've tried calling the school with the number provided above in this post but no one seems to be picking up.
I am joining in the beginning of March, and I have applied for the school for my two kids and after I applied the person who is incharge of enrollment told me that they will begin enrollment for academic year 2023-2024 on feb. 26th but HR stopped enrollment right now and was told they will get an update from HR around March. That is what I heard on my end.
Old Feb 26th 2023, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Baghdadeya is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the same apply for the nursery? Can anyone provide the nursery’s phone number plz
Old Feb 27th 2023, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

When someone joins at NC2 how does someone sign up to be on the waiting list for NC1? How does that work ?
Old Feb 27th 2023, 2:46 pm
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
I am joining in the beginning of March, and I have applied for the school for my two kids and after I applied the person who is incharge of enrollment told me that they will begin enrollment for academic year 2023-2024 on feb. 26th but HR stopped enrollment right now and was told they will get an update from HR around March. That is what I heard on my end.
It was announced today that a large number of new family housing in NC1 will be available in Q2 2024 and that due to the backlog the waiting list for family housing is currently closed.
The Grade 1-9 school is currently not accepting new enrollments unless the FTE employee is already living in NC1. There are always exceptions and things change quickly, so your onboarder is the best person to confirm (if you can get hold of them that is).
Old Feb 27th 2023, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

That’s positive in that some news is better than no news. If nothing else, it should mean that a load of 1br cabins open up in Q2 24, but then I wonder what their plan of backfilling them will be.

Hopefully we don’t end up in this two tier system where if you haven’t relocated your family, you’re in NC2 forever and NC1 become exclusively families either in 2br or squashed into 1br cabins.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

AMarie01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kats83
This is true - NCS is not accepting any new enrollments unless students are already living in NC1. An email was just sent out to all FTE today with this information.
Old Feb 27th 2023, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Carlin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Anyone travelling to NEOM this next sunday from London?
Old Feb 28th 2023, 3:14 am
Just Joined

panaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Just to let you know. I had interview with NEOM on August 2022 and since then I was expecting offer. Few days ago I finally approached the manager who interviewed me and asked him what is going on. Turns out several positions including mine are on hold and he advised if I have another opportunity to take it.

So my story with NEOM is done . Good luck to anyone.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that, panaka. Good luck!
Old Feb 28th 2023, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BMH77
Sorry to hear that, panaka. Good luck!
Thank you.

Not a big deal.

I was excited in the first few months, but then after being told that they "working on my offer" several times, started to be suspicious about potential turnaround.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Useraus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Also received the news yesterday that families are no longer being relocated to Neom camps. This was our preferred option to join NEOM unfortunately.

Other options now are;
1. Go alone and wait for family accommodation for up to 12 months. Not the preferred option. Despite the obvious con of being away from my family, there are also also tax implications for this in my country (Australia). My government can still tax me until we all leave.

2. Relocate to Jeddah and commute weekly by flight. We would then await family accommodation. Currently gathering the facts about this option before accepting an offer and whether it’s feasible and possible for us. Obviously adds complexity and significant annual cost for us, but it’s possible.

Hoping someone has had a similar experience with moving to Jeddah and commuting to Neom? Would be great to PM and pick your brain.

Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2023, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Useraus
Hi everyone,

Also received the news yesterday that families are no longer being relocated to Neom camps. This was our preferred option to join NEOM unfortunately.

Other options now are;
1. Go alone and wait for family accommodation for up to 12 months. Not the preferred option. Despite the obvious con of being away from my family, there are also also tax implications for this in my country (Australia). My government can still tax me until we all leave.

2. Relocate to Jeddah and commute weekly by flight. We would then await family accommodation. Currently gathering the facts about this option before accepting an offer and whether it’s feasible and possible for us. Obviously adds complexity and significant annual cost for us, but it’s possible.

Hoping someone has had a similar experience with moving to Jeddah and commuting to Neom? Would be great to PM and pick your brain.

Thanks
You can do that no longer than 6 - 8 months. I was working at Jazan with a gentleman who was having family in Jeddah. The first two months was ok, but then the effect from traveling is building up. So be careful. I assume Aqaba is not an option.
Old Feb 28th 2023, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by panaka
You can do that no longer than 6 - 8 months. I was working at Jazan with a gentleman who was having family in Jeddah. The first two months was ok, but then the effect from traveling is building up. So be careful. I assume Aqaba is not an option.
Depends on the individual. Plenty of people with family in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jeddah, Riyadh etc who fly in and out. A lot are quite happy with the time away from the sound of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.