Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Mar 7th 2022, 5:52 am
Just Joined

mm23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Hi all,

Sadly we decided to pull out of the Neom opportunity, early February. There are just too many unknown variables for us at this very late stage.

for example, we provided all documentation required to school back in November last year, yet I receive an email from the school to apply with slots being allocated on a first in basis. I received the invitation to apply after I pulled out. We were always told that the school spots are limited and applications are more than availability.

So I’m happy with my decision, with the view that there was always a risk that we may not have had a spot for our two kids after me mobilising, which would have been a bad situation for all of us.

Also I have heard first hand mixed reviews about the school. Especially for the older kids (yr 4 and up). As my daughter is in this group, we couldn’t take the risk, given that she will be facing the music back home for high school when we return.

This is in no way a bad reflection of Neom. I think the opportunity itself is once in a lifetime. But it should suit your family and people going with you as well. Without a doubt, turning down Neom was the hardest decision of the my professional career to date.

I have accepted a senior role with a O&G major locally who matched my pay at Neom but obviously I will be paying tax and for expenses etc.

I do intend to move to the ME in the future to a more more mainstream city perhaps.

Last edited by mm23; Mar 7th 2022 at 6:00 am.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Anshjo3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

To those who have kids enrolled in the community school, how is the level of learning so far? I understand that it’s new school with teething problems and I would greatly appreciate your notes on the school leadership and kids engagement and learning practices?

Husband is there and we are looking to put our child on waitlist (8yrs old). He’s currently enrolled in an outstanding prep school in Dubai, hence our reluctance to move as a family.

We’ll of course manage our expectations in terms of school level, knowing that it’s a brand-new school as long as we have some sort of confidence that things will get better with time.

Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Adymaster85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Yeh, the school applications for the coming school year 22/23 opened in mid feb. Did you put in your application?
We are still waiting for information regarding the application, as we have not heard anything since then. Onboarding had mentioned that it was on a first come, first served basis.
I also believe that the family accommodation is somewhat tied to a school placement. ie - if you have a child in the school, then you are provided with the family cabin? Anyone able to confirm this?
just received an email from the school admin, as I followed up with her yesterday. They are still waiting for the final allocation of the slots to be allocated. And yes I registered my kids in mid Feb.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gulf_European
From onboarding team I was told that the best cabin/villas are in the Oxagon camp. So very likely that the marketing material of luxurious cabins you've seen are from Oxagon...
What I understand, the living conditions for those working in Neom are still very basic. Coming with family will be a challenge, why leaving them for the first few months might be a better idea than to shift all together. I'll be going without family for the first couple of months at least.
You've not been in a family cabin then, I take it? Bigger than most of the apartments I've lived in, and the tvs are bigger than mine at home. Depends on your definition of "very basic" I guess, but that's not how I would describe it.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'd be happy with the family cabins too, but I was more referring to the private pool. Unless the family cabins have a pool, which I was not aware of
But either way, Oxagon accommodations are better.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 9:35 am
Just Joined

thorshammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'd be happy with the family cabins too, but I was more referring to the private pool. Unless the family cabins have a pool, which I was not aware of
But either way, Oxagon accommodations are better.
are you talking about a private 'community' pool, not each cabin has its own pool correct? lol
Old Mar 7th 2022, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorshammer
are you talking about a private 'community' pool, not each cabin has its own pool correct? lol
I was refering to what Makiavelli wrote in his/her post earlier (that each villa has their own pool with sea view)

I saw something interesting today in the onboarding portal.
"To ensure people see their families and friends, for full-time staff based at NEOM with family within the KSA, you will be entitled to 2 monthly flight tickets. For full-time staff without family within KSA, you will be entitled to 1 domestic monthly flight ticket."

For those who are there and not from KSA, is this true? I was told 2 flights domestic a month, and nothing about only 1 if you are not from Saudi. First time reading this.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

I was refering to what Makiavelli wrote in his/her post earlier (that each villa has their own pool with sea view)

I saw something interesting today in the onboarding portal.
"To ensure people see their families and friends, for full-time staff based at NEOM with family within the KSA, you will be entitled to 2 monthly flight tickets. For full-time staff without family within KSA, you will be entitled to 1 domestic monthly flight ticket."

For those who are there and not from KSA, is this true? I was told 2 flights domestic a month, and nothing about only 1 if you are not from Saudi. First time reading this.
Its 2 flights per month for locals, and 1 for people from outside KSA.
Old Mar 7th 2022, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Leela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Its 2 flights per month for locals, and 1 for people from outside KSA.
I'm European and I was offered 2 monthly domestic flights (inside KSA) and 1 flight per year abroad (outside KSA).
Old Mar 7th 2022, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leela
I'm European and I was offered 2 monthly domestic flights (inside KSA) and 1 flight per year abroad (outside KSA).
I was told this too, but it didnt materialise. For all NEOM employees that I have met, it is as I said above.
Old Mar 8th 2022, 5:13 am
Just Joined

amshauka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
I was told this too, but it didnt materialise. For all NEOM employees that I have met, it is as I said above.
As I understand from a few sources is that if you bring your family with you and they are residing in another city inside Saudi Arabia then you get 2 domestic tickets to visit them. If they are living with you in Neom then you only receive 1 domestic ticket. Also if your family is not residing in Saudi then again you will get 1 domestic ticket.
People who are already on ground can further validate this.
Old Mar 8th 2022, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am being being offered 2 positions, one in NEOM and other in Riyadh.

Total package for opportunity in Riyadh = ~SR 497,000/year + Service Gratuity (Annual Bonus)

Total package for the opportunity at NEOM = ~SR 478,000/year + Service Gratuity (Annual Bonus)

(Both include, health care and 25 day holidays)

Note: When I convert my current my total pay package to SR, I get = SR355,000 (before the Government takes its lion share).

QUESTIONS:
1 - Which one would you pick? Is that even a good salary for someone in a non-managerial position with 8 years of experience (Procurement)?
2 - How easy/hard is to get your own transport (process/buying)? Do I need to get a local Driver's license?
3 - How much should I expect to pay for a good/newish 1 bedroom apartment in a good compound? Do they always require annual payment upfront?

Any info/intel will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Taurus85; Mar 8th 2022 at 11:17 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2022, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Taurus85
I am being being offered 2 positions, one in NEOM and other in Riyadh.

Total package for opportunity in Riyadh = ~SR 497,000/year + Service Gratuity
SR 360,000 = Annual Salary
SR 100,000 = Annual Accomodation Allowance
SR 20,000 = One Off Relocation Allowance
SR 17,000 = Annual Flight Allowance

Total package for the opportunity at NEOM = ~SR 478,000/year + Service Gratuity
SR 396,000 = Annual Salary
SR 0 = Annual Accomodation Allowance
SR 65,000 = One Off Relocation Allowance (I heard everyone gets this for NEOM)
SR 17,000 = Annual Flight Allowance

Note: When I convert my current my total pay package to SR, I get = SR355,000 (before the Government takes its lion share).
When I think how isolated NEOM is, the opportunity in Riyadh seems like a no brainer.

QUESTIONS:
1 - Which one would you pick? Is that even a good salary for someone in a non-managerial position with 8 years of experience (Procurement)?
2 - How easy/hard is to get your own transport (process/buying)? Do I need to get a local Driver's license?
3 - How much should I expect to pay for a good 1 bedroom apartment is a good compound? Do they always require annual payment upfront?

Any info/intel will be greatly appreciated.
I thought you said Neom gave you close to a 28% in increase, maybe my math isn't adding up but doesn't your incremental increase only come out to about 11% 355 (current) / 396 (post)
Old Mar 8th 2022, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorshammer
I thought you said Neom gave you close to a 28% in increase, maybe my math isn't adding up but doesn't your incremental increase only come out to about 11% 355 (current) / 396 (post)
28% increase when I just consider my base pay. Plus, I just got one of those vanilla pay increases (~4%)
Old Mar 8th 2022, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Taurus85
28% increase when I just consider my base pay. Plus, I just got one of those vanilla pay increases (~4%)
I sent you a DM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.