NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Old Sep 27th 2023, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE

Originally Posted by k.tavener
Hi HelpfulExpat

Thank you for the response. Yes, an independent contractor. Your suggestions have been very helpful, and I will definitely look into the places you've recommended. It seems that Booking.com doesn't have any suitable options in the vicinity of NC1.
you could also try looking on Google map, Airbnb, Gathern. There are some accomodations showing on Google, theyre maybe too small to be listed on Booking.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Bulldogs94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone from the UK who has been given the written offer, accepted it and going through onboarding declared on the pre medical questionnaire something like asthma? I need to provide a Fit to Work in a remote location Certificate. What is this and where did you get it from? I have asked the GP and Occupational Health and having a nightmare attaining one. Any help would be massively appreciated.

This is also different from the medical you will be sent on for your VISA apparently.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

ustransplant23 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those based in Riyadh, did NEOM provide a housing advance? I see that most places require full year rent in advance which could amount to $30-40k.

also, if based out of Riyadh, does NEOM pay for flights back and forth between Riyadh and NEOM?
Old Sep 27th 2023, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

naiomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bulldogs94
Has anyone from the UK who has been given the written offer, accepted it and going through onboarding declared on the pre medical questionnaire something like asthma? I need to provide a Fit to Work in a remote location Certificate. What is this and where did you get it from? I have asked the GP and Occupational Health and having a nightmare attaining one. Any help would be massively appreciated.

This is also different from the medical you will be sent on for your VISA apparently.

Thanks in advance.
I had something similar - just need to get your GP to write a letter saying your asthma (any other condition declared…) does not hamper you and you are fit for remote work.

You then email it to your onboarder.
Old Sep 28th 2023, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I just received my work visa (woo hoo!) which will allow me to move over. Thanks again to everyone in the forum for all their help. Quick few questions:

1. I will be moving from the London to NEOM. Could anyone provide insights on the flight booking process? I am aware there are direct flights from London to NEOM every Sunday from heathrow and that as part of the onboarding process there is a signed agreement where you must use your work visa (ref: 20 day work visa obligation form) within 20 days of receiving the Visa. Would be keen to hear others experiences as I am just finishing phisio and trying to find someone to take over my flat whilst I'm away!

2. I'm aware I'll be living in NC2 however this has not been confirmed on kissflow. Does anyone have insights as I'm a bit worried I'll end up in a hotel far from my team..
Old Sep 28th 2023, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by expatalex
Hi all, I just received my work visa (woo hoo!) which will allow me to move over. Thanks again to everyone in the forum for all their help. Quick few questions:

1. I will be moving from the London to NEOM. Could anyone provide insights on the flight booking process? I am aware there are direct flights from London to NEOM every Sunday from heathrow and that as part of the onboarding process there is a signed agreement where you must use your work visa (ref: 20 day work visa obligation form) within 20 days of receiving the Visa. Would be keen to hear others experiences as I am just finishing phisio and trying to find someone to take over my flat whilst I'm away!

2. I'm aware I'll be living in NC2 however this has not been confirmed on kissflow. Does anyone have insights as I'm a bit worried I'll end up in a hotel far from my team..
If you communicate to Neom onboarding that you've received your visa and are ready to move, they should book you on the next available flight. You don't have to do anything with booking. They will send you the tickets. Direct flight is the easiest route from London.

There are many people moving this week from NC2 to NC1 into new cabins which have been handed over. If you're arriving soon I would think NC2 has availability. It's a nice community.
Old Sep 28th 2023, 8:05 am
Just Joined

hi I received my visa yesterday, communicated with onboarder & my flight was booked instantly for Saturday- so just let them know…

I’m in NC2 & have received the QR code - see you soon
Old Sep 28th 2023, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
If you communicate to Neom onboarding that you've received your visa and are ready to move, they should book you on the next available flight. You don't have to do anything with booking. They will send you the tickets. Direct flight is the easiest route from London.

There are many people moving this week from NC2 to NC1 into new cabins which have been handed over. If you're arriving soon I would think NC2 has availability. It's a nice community.
Thanks mate for the quick response. I don't think I'll be ready yet. In my head I had 2 weeks from the visa (expected it end of this month and received it!) which put me around the 14th to move over. Do you think I'll get much resistance to ask for the 15th which would be the Sunday London/NEOM flight?

And great news about NC2! Sounds quite lucky.
Old Sep 28th 2023, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by naiomi
I’m in NC2 & have received the QR code - see you soon
Thanks mate and congratulations! Did you try and push your flight back a bit? If so did you get much pushback?

Last edited by expatalex; Sep 28th 2023 at 8:09 am. Reason: mistake
Old Sep 28th 2023, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks mate and congratulations! Did you try and push your flight back a bit? If so did you get much pushback?
It was entirely my decision to fly on this date - they are very accommodating also be a good idea to speak to your line manager as well.
Old Sep 28th 2023, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ustransplant23
For those based in Riyadh, did NEOM provide a housing advance? I see that most places require full year rent in advance which could amount to $30-40k.

also, if based out of Riyadh, does NEOM pay for flights back and forth between Riyadh and NEOM?
They never used to, don't think that's changed. If it's flights for work they should be provided,
Old Sep 28th 2023, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

anab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
Each team here is allocated with a number of cars to be used amongst us. New rules in place from last week however mean only people with KSA licenses can drive them, so there is a mad rush right now for us all go to get our licenses so we can drive them.

We usually car pool in the mornings and afternoons to get & from the office at NC1 from NC2, however the bus transportation is perfectly fine too. It takes about 10 minutes longer on the bus.
hi, I have just joined a company in neom and they are asking for any contact to provide me housing, it would be really helpful if someone can provide any kind of contact info for NC1 or NC2
Old Sep 28th 2023, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the move Alex, how long did it take to get your visa from when A1 visa service’s submitted your documents?

I have my medical tomorrow in London and trying to aim for joining on the 27th of Oct. Just wondering if it’s achievable.

thanks
Old Sep 29th 2023, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Mikesgeorge1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ilovegregggs
the majority of my colleagues and I use sab (formerly sabb). Takes a couple of hours for money to reach the UK, all which can be done through your banking app. Many also use wise/revolut, but it can bring occasional issues.
thanks for the info, appreciate it
Old Sep 29th 2023, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Mikesgeorge1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M2ULR
Good luck with the move Alex, how long did it take to get your visa from when A1 visa service’s submitted your documents?

I have my medical tomorrow in London and trying to aim for joining on the 27th of Oct. Just wondering if it’s achievable.

thanks

I picked up my Visa this week. A1 have been very helpful throughout the process. The medical results normally take 48hrs to come through. A1 then get them and your police certificate legalised with the FCO. This took 2 weeks as the FCO did not recognise the signature from ACRO on their database. Once resolved, A1 got my visa within a matter of days. They normally say 8 working days from medical to get visa. Which seems right if I didn’t have issues with ACRO. I start of 5th Nov coming from Liverpool. Onboarder has stated flights will only be booked a week before. You should make the 27th. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.