NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Wikiposts

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Oct 16th 2023, 7:33 am
Just Joined

nleal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi All,
I'm a dual National, British and Mexican.
Would this affect my onboarding process?
Old Oct 16th 2023, 8:26 am
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nleal
Hi All,
It shouldn’t do.

what stage are you at and are you coming from the UK?

My British passport has my birth country on there and I’ve had no issues.
Old Oct 16th 2023, 8:38 am
Just Joined

nleal is an unknown quantity at this point

Early interview process. Maybe too early for me to worry about these things :-)
Old Oct 16th 2023, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

ChristineQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nleal
Hi All,
Shouldn’t do! Held my ACRO up a little in UK but was my fault as I mentioned my other passports but didn’t attach a copy of them initially.

Also I believe it’s illegal to carry more than one passport in Saudi so make sure you leave your other one at home / with a friend!
Old Oct 16th 2023, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChristineQ
Shouldn’t do! Held my ACRO up a little in UK but was my fault as I mentioned my other passports but didn’t attach a copy of them initially.

Also I believe it’s illegal to carry more than one passport in Saudi so make sure you leave your other one at home / with a friend!
Not aware of it being illegal, and if it were its not enforced - so please don't follow this advise!

It's of course very common for expats to have multiple passports from either a single country, or from dual nationality.

However, you must enter and exit on the same passport, which is the case for most countries. When entering a citizen country which you hold a passport for, it is illegal to enter with a different country passport.

You may be traveling from Saudi to different nations for business or leisure, and having all your passports provides a lot more flexibility.

Old Oct 16th 2023, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning all. i hope youre well!

How do single people generally occupy themselves in the evenings and weekends when living on site ...Trojena, oxagon etc?

Does Neom organise hikes, scuba, etc or is it down to people to organise activities, and is there a need to bring your own equipment for such activities?

many thanks
Old Oct 16th 2023, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

ChristineQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
Not aware of it being illegal, and if it were its not enforced - so please don't follow this advise!

It's of course very common for expats to have multiple passports from either a single country, or from dual nationality.

However, you must enter and exit on the same passport, which is the case for most countries. When entering a citizen country which you hold a passport for, it is illegal to enter with a different country passport.

You may be traveling from Saudi to different nations for business or leisure, and having all your passports provides a lot more flexibility.
from the UK Gov website:

Carrying two passports

It is illegal to hold two passports in Saudi Arabia. The immigration authorities will confiscate second passports if they are discovered.

You should carry a photocopy of your passport for identification. Make sure you have included emergency contact details.

Old Oct 17th 2023, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChristineQ
from the UK Gov website:

Carrying two passports

It is illegal to hold two passports in Saudi Arabia. The immigration authorities will confiscate second passports if they are discovered.

You should carry a photocopy of your passport for identification. Make sure you have included emergency contact details.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I did a little research and couldn't find any other government advice. It may be a misinterpretation that Saudi nationals cannot apply for dual citizenship. In any case, it's not common knowledge, not enforced, and wouldn't serve any purpose to vindicate expats. Travel here is very open and comparable to international standards. Actually, expect more scrutiny and rules for entering USA.

It is in fact necessary for some people to have multiple passports. I know people from other nations that use their main passport which is linked to Saudi visa/iqama, and another passport to apply for visas of other countries. Reason being submitting a passport at an embassy in Riyadh or Jeddah could take weeks to be returned. That would prevent them from travelling freely in the meantime.
Old Oct 17th 2023, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Orange_Blossom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybodyI’ve been following this thread with great interest, and I appreciate the knowledge and experiences shared here. I have a question I’d like to ask.

I’ve recently applied for 3 assistant positions at Neom and Enowa within 6 months and I have received confirmation that my applications have been received. However, I haven’t heard back about the status of my applications yet.

I applied via Linkedinn. And I use specifically some words that were mentioned in the vacancy in my cv.I added a picture. And made my cv a bit more appealing for the eye. All on 2 pages. I can assume that they will use a bot to do the first check of the cv’s . But I don’t understand why I don’t hear anything. Especially the last vacancy it fits perfectly. And LinkedIn marked it as most suitable for my cv.

Does any of you have insights or tips on how to navigate the recruitment process at Neom or if there are any specific contacts or channels I should explore to enhance my chances of securing an interview. Your advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Orange_Blossom

Old Oct 17th 2023, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Ilovegregggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Recruitment in the middle east, don't expect any feedback or response at the best of times.
Old Oct 17th 2023, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Ahussein is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mm23
Hi Farhan,
I am currently in the onboarding phase and I have been told by the onboarding team, that I will be based at the NC2 camp intially when I arrive in April and they will start looking for a spot in NC1 closer to when my family arrive in August. This is for both 1 bed or family 2 bed units.

Unfortunately, we are not getting any certainty about the accomodation, from the various teams (school, community management, onboarding, etc) that we have spoken to. This is the main sticking point for us and we are still undecided about this whole thing because of this. Just not sure how one can pack up family and kids without any certainty about the type of accomodation? I can't imagine a family of 4 staying comfortably in a one bed unit for an extended period.

Defintiely NC1 is the place to be, but I was told that even some very senior personnel are currently staying at NC2 due to the lack of accomodation at NC1.

Would love to hear from others...

Cheers.
Hi Farhan
I have just joined the form, if you secured that job in NEOM please let me know the way I am really interesting to work there if anyone knows the way, I am environmentalist, expert in air pollution management and control, I have about 12 years of experience.
Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2023, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Jannas123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi Everyone

This thread has been really insightful and informative with what one can expect. I have not seen any information regarding accommodation or a community/camp near the Gulf of Aqaba/North Site offices, does anyone have more information regarding that area and a possibly new community there? Would appreciate some feedback and information.
Old Oct 24th 2023, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Basb, NaughtiousMaximus and Fmuhammed have you received your offers yet? Please pm message me if you can. Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2023, 1:38 am
Just Joined

fmuhammed is an unknown quantity at this point

No offer yet. I am moving on as it passes couple of months already.
Old Oct 26th 2023, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Ossie_82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sam_1980 apologies I can't access private messages. How are you getting on with your offer? I just got an email saying my candidature has been closed. Very frustrating

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.