Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Sep 29th 2023, 10:32 am
Just Joined

ustransplant23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
They never used to, don't think that's changed. If it's flights for work they should be provided,
so how do people manage paying the full rent in advance? Getting $30-40k+ to pay for rent all at once might be a challenge
Old Sep 29th 2023, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

Jinx21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can anyone guide me through the background and reference checks process at NEOM and how long does it take?
If this is a duplicate post, please send me a message with the link to the original post.

thanks
Old Sep 30th 2023, 3:52 am
Just Joined

NaughtiousMaximus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi y'all,

if my employer is currently contributing a generous amount towards my pension pot does Neom take that into account as part of current salary when they give the uplift salary offer? thanks

so if currently gross base salary is $90k and employer is paying 15% of that towards my pension then my package is $103.5k. So would Neom offer be based on the latter?

Any advice gratefully received
​​​​
Old Sep 30th 2023, 8:59 am
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikesgeorge1
I picked up my Visa this week. A1 have been very helpful throughout the process. The medical results normally take 48hrs to come through. A1 then get them and your police certificate legalised with the FCO. This took 2 weeks as the FCO did not recognise the signature from ACRO on their database. Once resolved, A1 got my visa within a matter of days. They normally say 8 working days from medical to get visa. Which seems right if I didn’t have issues with ACRO. I start of 5th Nov coming from Liverpool. Onboarder has stated flights will only be booked a week before. You should make the 27th. Good luck.
Thank you for this, really helpful, and good luck to you too!
Old Sep 30th 2023, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

M2ULR is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know which days the direct flight from NEOM to Heathrow is? I’ve managed to find the flight out to NEOM but not back to Heathrow.

thank you in advance.
Old Sep 30th 2023, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by M2ULR
Does anyone know which days the direct flight from NEOM to Heathrow is? I’ve managed to find the flight out to NEOM but not back to Heathrow.

thank you in advance.
Wednesdays
Old Oct 1st 2023, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NaughtiousMaximus
Hi y'all,

if my employer is currently contributing a generous amount towards my pension pot does Neom take that into account as part of current salary when they give the uplift salary offer? thanks

so if currently gross base salary is $90k and employer is paying 15% of that towards my pension then my package is $103.5k. So would Neom offer be based on the latter?

Any advice gratefully received
​​​​
I think it's calculated on base salary, but we can't really confirm what Neom would offer you, sorry.

This is likely a consideration for many people, especially from places which have mandatory pension schemes. For example in Australia you could be receiving 11-17% mandatory employer contributions. The uplift may need to cover a change to self-contributions. In my case, the biggest income increase has come from reducing my cost of living since I don't have a 'home' base to support.
Old Oct 2nd 2023, 12:25 am
Just Joined

k.tavener is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi HelpfulExpat
I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I did check Airbnb, and I found one potential option. I'll also explore Gathern to see if I have any luck there.
Regards,
Racquel
Old Oct 2nd 2023, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
I think it's calculated on base salary, but we can't really confirm what Neom would offer you, sorry.

This is likely a consideration for many people, especially from places which have mandatory pension schemes. For example in Australia you could be receiving 11-17% mandatory employer contributions. The uplift may need to cover a change to self-contributions. In my case, the biggest income increase has come from reducing my cost of living since I don't have a 'home' base to support.
thnx!
Old Oct 2nd 2023, 2:58 am
Just Joined

basb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. Is it still normal for the written offer to come several weeks after a verbal offer was made? How has communication been after you got a verbal offer and uploaded your payslips?
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 12:59 am
Just Joined

AbdulK is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea where new starters are being housed? I understand some units are now available at NC1? Any pictures to share would be appreciated.
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

NC2
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pkingston
NC2

is that new starters for the Line or on any projects?
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

NEOM employees.
Oxagon usually in Duba or the Oxagon Community if there are available units.

Last edited by Pkingston; Oct 3rd 2023 at 1:23 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 1:17 am
Just Joined

AbdulK is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m joining Oxagon, not sure how this impacts. Was previously told, new starters are being housed in apartments either Duba..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.