Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Sep 4th 2023, 1:46 am
Just Joined

ustransplant23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

How long does it take to receive an offer? It’s been ~6 weeks since I received verbal offer and they requested I submit documentation (pay slips, etc.) does it usually take that long? Should I be concerned?

Last edited by ustransplant23; Sep 4th 2023 at 2:57 am.
Old Sep 4th 2023, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Sam1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ustransplant23
How long does it take to receive an offer? It’s been ~6 weeks since I received verbal offer and they requested I submit documentation (pay slips, etc.) does it usually take that long? Should I be concerned?
It can take few weeks thats pretty normal.
Old Sep 4th 2023, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sam1980
It can take few weeks thats pretty normal.
I agree it really depends on the urgency. I received mine 3 days after my second interview which was 3 days after my first interview.
Old Sep 5th 2023, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Jim Kahler is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HelpfulExpat
If you're not in Neom yet, what do you mean by contract breached?
I'm not sure about Tabuk region school overcrowding, and don't know anyone who has children in regional schools. I would suggest if there isn't availability for enrollment at Neom school then it would be difficult to bring children here. As a single parent, I expect home schooling wouldn't be possible either.
Greetings all.. what are the documents required for family Iqama? Birth Certificates, Marriage Cert? Attested by foreign office or would also require Saudi Embassy stamp?

Old Sep 6th 2023, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

bobdbuilder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tommo41234
WARNING to all people trying to get your visa processed in NZ/AUS. I used CLS Capital Link Services as my agent who gave me a quote (in writing) for the full cost of the visa, excluding Saudi Embassy fees ($42) and credit card fees. On completion of the visa they gave me an invoice for almost double what was quoted and indicated the increases don't matter as NEOM will reimburse me..
Please can you share how much did the charge for visa process? And did you do medical report and police certificate with them?
Old Sep 6th 2023, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

HelpfulExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobdbuilder
Please can you share how much did the charge for visa process? And did you do medical report and police certificate with them?
mine was about $2800 for CLS, $180 for medical and AFP, $455 for Visa.
Old Sep 6th 2023, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

dxbjazzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Not sure if this was asked before but what's the spouse enrollment program is like? Any ideas of how much it's paid?
Old Sep 6th 2023, 11:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dxbjazzi
Hello,
Not sure if this was asked before but what's the spouse enrollment program is like? Any ideas of how much it's paid?
The salary will depend on the job and what you’re qualified to do. It has been discussed lots, if you search this thread and the NEOM jobs thread you’ll find more info.

Good luck.
Old Sep 6th 2023, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Pkingston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The salary will depend on the job and what you’re qualified to do. It has been discussed lots, if you search this thread and the NEOM jobs thread you’ll find more info.

Good luck.
No, it isnt..
The spouse program has a set salary and set time frame of work (3 months per role).
Old Sep 6th 2023, 11:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pkingston
No, it isnt..
The spouse program has a set salary and set time frame of work (3 months per role).
Ah, ok. In which case there’s no point in searching the thread because all of those posts refer to spouses doing different ‘normal’ jobs. Hopefully those on the program will chime in and give details for anybody searching in the future.
Old Sep 6th 2023, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

dxbjazzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pkingston
No, it isnt..
I see, do you know the set salary please? I have an offer and trying to get more information about the spouse program as my husband will join me...but makes it difficult to decide as the information isn't available....
Old Sep 7th 2023, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jake91
You should call HMRC and let them know that you are moving overseas, they'll make a note on your file. Once you have residency overseas your earnings are taxable in that jurisdiction and not in the UK, even if you send money home it's classed as overseas earnings so, not a problem.

Essentially you're taxable on all earnings up until you leave the UK and have your residency in the new country. Once you have that, your overseas earnings will be taxed at local rate, so for the Middle East it's tax free. But on anything you leave behind that is earning you money; properties, investments etc. you'll have to declare each year by way of a tax return and pay any taxes owed after allowances.

If you go back for 90+ days per year then you'll remain/return to being a tax resident in the UK so most try to avoid that.
Less than 90 days is non-resident for tax purposes.

<snip>
Not as simple as you say ...... Unless anything has changed you use a form P85 to inform them you are leaving/have left.

In the first tax year you are away you may find you are in a split year situation depending on when in the tax year you leave.

You also need to pay attention to the Statutory Residence Test (SRT) https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/residence

Its quite a complex topic and many make the mistake of assuming you are tax free as soon as you step foot in the sand ....... ..... Youre not
Old Sep 8th 2023, 10:24 am
Just Joined

omg1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxbjazzi
I see, do you know the set salary please? I have an offer and trying to get more information about the spouse program as my husband will join me...but makes it difficult to decide as the information isn't available....
We are having the same issue. My partner has been offered a role & we are struggling to get much information on the spouse programme. I would really like to understand what types of roles this might involve. I feel uneasy putting my career on hold for the unknown, particularly if this ends up being a pay cut for me.
Old Sep 8th 2023, 7:57 pm
GNK
Just Joined

GNK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omg1
We are having the same issue. My partner has been offered a role & we are struggling to get much information on the spouse programme. I would really like to understand what types of roles this might involve. I feel uneasy putting my career on hold for the unknown, particularly if this ends up being a pay cut for me.
My understanding is that the spouse program is to assist people to get back into the workforce, it is for a set period of 3 months and you don't need a working visa. It can be extended if both parties agree. Nearly all the people I know who have done the program have ended up accepting FTE administration type roles. If you have the required qualifications you can always apply for FTE roles directly.
Old Sep 13th 2023, 2:31 am
Just Joined

KBMW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

can anyone advise of a Company that does attestation of Marriage certificates from South America
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.