Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Old Oct 3rd 2022, 6:09 am
  #1021  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 10
NewhamB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by katy611
Hi NewhamB
yes I did exactly that, and my application on the website still says 'under process'. Its been so difficult, I've phoned them every day foe the last four weeks and the phone has never been answered, I email almost every day too and no reply. I even reached out on LinkedIn to senior employees there put of sheer desperation and they said they would look into it but I never got any further response!
I was quoted 4-6 weeks by an agency and honesty expected it to take that long ( and planned as such re police check and medical) - perhaps it depends on university etc - good luck!
NewhamB is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 8:00 am
  #1022  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 54
JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by JCH2695
Hi all,

I have both a Bachelors and Masters in the same subject. Anyone know if I need to get both degrees attested or just the one?
They only recognise Full Time studies. So if the masters was done distance learning or part time they won’t recognise it.

I’ve a Bsc, masters and MBA. My masters and MBA were done as part time studies. They didn’t recognise the degrees and only wanted to attest the BSc.

A1 Visa did it in the U.K. Cost was £290.
JDM5AM is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 8:02 am
  #1023  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2022
Posts: 13
JCH2695 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
They only recognise Full Time studies. So if the masters was done distance learning or part time they won’t recognise it.

I’ve a Bsc, masters and MBA. My masters and MBA were done as part time studies. They didn’t recognise the degrees and only wanted to attest the BSc.

A1 Visa did it in the U.K. Cost was £290.
thats great to know thanks! My Masters was done part time as was sponsored through a previous employer. Really useful, thank you
JCH2695 is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 8:07 am
  #1024  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 54
JDM5AM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by JCH2695
thats great to know thanks! My Masters was done part time as was sponsored through a previous employer. Really useful, thank you
They won’t recognise it then. Mine is exactly the same, sponsored through my previous employer. They only accept the undergraduate, assuming you did that FT.

A1 have been pretty good to be honest. They asked for a scanned copy of the certificate, and have done the rest, including arranging for the Saudi embassy to stamp it.

I’ve applied for the police certificate directly. That’s £55.

Medical check is £690.
JDM5AM is offline  
Old Oct 3rd 2022, 8:25 am
  #1025  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 17
TheGman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by JDM5AM
They won’t recognise it then. Mine is exactly the same, sponsored through my previous employer. They only accept the undergraduate, assuming you did that FT.

A1 have been pretty good to be honest. They asked for a scanned copy of the certificate, and have done the rest, including arranging for the Saudi embassy to stamp it.

I’ve applied for the police certificate directly. That’s £55.

Medical check is £690.
Useful info, thanks. How long did police check take? Do you mind sending me the website link via private message please?
TheGman is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 12:39 am
  #1026  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 90
Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by TheGman
Useful info, thanks. How long did police check take? Do you mind sending me the website link via private message please?
You can do standard police check (10 days £55) or premium (2 days £95)
Evilbungle is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 8:39 am
  #1027  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 1
Tankhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi
I have recently been in contact with bechtell for pm role and would like some advice on salary expectations question.
does anyone have an idea about grade 28 min pay so i can start from there.
I dont want put a figure that is beyond the pay grade and at the same time dont want to put some thing is low so regret after that.
any good advice will be appreciated.
mant thanks
regads
Tan

Last edited by Tankhan; Oct 4th 2022 at 8:42 am.
Tankhan is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 9:49 am
  #1028  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 4
alexrowlanduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi again everyone,

So I’m reading that everyone starts in NC2… does this have a nursery provision there? Myself and my husband are both potentially securing roles at Neom, but we have a 2 year old who would obviously be coming out with us. If we all start in NC2 (which in itself is going to be interesting with us 3 living in a studio room for months!) but there’s no nursery provision, I just don’t know how this will work?

All the posts I’ve seen regarding families living situation out here seem to be where one parent comes out, lives solo in NC2 and then the family come and join when they finally get their unit in NC1- but this doesn’t really work in our situation.

Are there any families living at NC2?

Can anyone shed any light on how this might work for us? Or if it simply won’t? Then at least we’ll know and cut our losses now.

Thanks all.

Last edited by alexrowlanduk; Oct 4th 2022 at 9:58 am.
alexrowlanduk is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 6:44 pm
  #1029  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 90
Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by alexrowlanduk
Hi again everyone,

So I’m reading that everyone starts in NC2… does this have a nursery provision there? Myself and my husband are both potentially securing roles at Neom, but we have a 2 year old who would obviously be coming out with us. If we all start in NC2 (which in itself is going to be interesting with us 3 living in a studio room for months!) but there’s no nursery provision, I just don’t know how this will work?

All the posts I’ve seen regarding families living situation out here seem to be where one parent comes out, lives solo in NC2 and then the family come and join when they finally get their unit in NC1- but this doesn’t really work in our situation.

Are there any families living at NC2?

Can anyone shed any light on how this might work for us? Or if it simply won’t? Then at least we’ll know and cut our losses now.

Thanks all.
Hi, The only nursery I know of is in NC1, It is part of the main school. I am not 100% sure so please don't take this as official - but from my conversations as your child would be in the school then you would go straight into NC1 (There may be some delay due to lack of units but having kids in the school jumps you up the list.)
There are families with young children in NC2 but not many, I assume they stay there for a little while until an NC1 unit is free (but this happens all the time so I wouldn't expect you would have to stay there long.) also there are some offices in NC2 so some people with kids who are not in school may choose to stay there instead.
Evilbungle is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 7:36 pm
  #1030  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 4
alexrowlanduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Originally Posted by Evilbungle
Hi, The only nursery I know of is in NC1, It is part of the main school. I am not 100% sure so please don't take this as official - but from my conversations as your child would be in the school then you would go straight into NC1 (There may be some delay due to lack of units but having kids in the school jumps you up the list.)
There are families with young children in NC2 but not many, I assume they stay there for a little while until an NC1 unit is free (but this happens all the time so I wouldn't expect you would have to stay there long.) also there are some offices in NC2 so some people with kids who are not in school may choose to stay there instead.
Thank you so much for getting back to me, that’s really helpful insight!
alexrowlanduk is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 8:44 pm
  #1031  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 39
AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neom Oxagon advice!

I am in the final stages of the interview stages. The plan is that I will be joining the Oxagon team.

I might not be the only one, but I am not happy about how they calculate your new salary. They added 20% to my base salary ignoring the fact that the role that I will be helping them with is different in terms of value and responsibility. It also ignores many facts such as giving up your current place, work and life to live in difficult circumstances.

Few questions that I hope someone can help me with. Please feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable answering in public:
- I see many in the forum were offered +30% uplift. Was this a result of negotiation with HR?
- Anyone already working with Oxagon or joining soon that I can have a 1:1 chat to learn from their experience so far.
- Anyone living in Oxagon camp? Any issues with them (aside from the fact that they are in the desert)? Are they far from the Oxagon office? Do most people buy cars?
- Any general hints, tips or advice?

Any input is really appreciated.

Last edited by AAABritishExpat; Oct 4th 2022 at 8:46 pm.
AAABritishExpat is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2022, 9:42 pm
  #1032  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 22
wanderingexpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE - Job Promotion Prospects

Please has anyone here been promoted at Neom. If so please can you share what the percentage increase was and how long it took to get a promotion after resuming at Neom. Thank you.


wanderingexpat is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2022, 1:01 am
  #1033  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 90
Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEOM COMMUNITY UPDATE - Job Promotion Prospects

Originally Posted by wanderingexpat
Please has anyone here been promoted at Neom. If so please can you share what the percentage increase was and how long it took to get a promotion after resuming at Neom. Thank you.
Sorry can't answer about percentages but there is a promotion framework that you are eligible to participate in after your first year. It takes place twice a year March and September It must work as someone at the next table last week was saying they had just been promoted. Unfortunately they didn't share what they were paid.
Evilbungle is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2022, 8:40 am
  #1034  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 5
NewToNeom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Hi all,
I’ve just now received an offer letter from
Neom with a 22% increase on my current gross. This is fairly as expected however given the recent falls in my home currency (€) against the SAR - this SAR figure is significantly less than it would have been earlier this year. I am worried that if/when ’my home currency rebounds, I’ll be quite a bit worse off.

has anyone had this experience recently and if they have negotiated a higher SAR offer with Neom based on the extreme FX movements of the past few months ?

thanks all!
NewToNeom is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2022, 9:16 am
  #1035  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 39
AAABritishExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: NEOM COMMUNITY THREAD

Can you share what exchange rate they used to convert your salary from sterling pounds?
AAABritishExpat is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.