Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What you can't get in Canada

Wikiposts

What you can't get in Canada

Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Karen1203 has a spectacular aura aboutKaren1203 has a spectacular aura aboutKaren1203 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada

Originally Posted by R I C H
You need to shop in BC - they're all available here
They are all available in South Ontario too but you can't get decent toilet paper for love nor money!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:55 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Keep an eye on the following in case it comes back online

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

it basically offered the same service as the iplayer and tvguide but for ALL digital channels

Of course that scared the big channels to death and they appear to have pulled the plug but I think its being challenged.

just out of interest it would be legal in UK not to have a tv licence if you only viewed programmes using this service as they are all only available for post-broadcast viewing.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Whisky Marmalade?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmydean
Keep an eye on the following in case it comes back online

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

it basically offered the same service as the iplayer and tvguide but for ALL digital channels

Of course that scared the big channels to death and they appear to have pulled the plug but I think its being challenged.

just out of interest it would be legal in UK not to have a tv licence if you only viewed programmes using this service as they are all only available for post-broadcast viewing.
Oh dooooo let us know if it comes back online. I really miss it.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:04 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada - TV

Originally Posted by Esme
I just want to say a BIG THANKYOU to Sans for pointing me in the direction of liveuktv.com. I am having THE BEST time watching English shows (too many to mention!) and enjoying English adverts (I love listening to famous Brits doing voiceovers on the ads!). I'm getting a little confused watching Corrie in real time AND 8 months behind and I am TOTALLY CONFUSED about Eastenders....

Very Happy Me!
Certainly money well spent for me ( Have you caught Loose women yet)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:03 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

oooh - I love Loose women -carol Mcgiffen is such a grump!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
Certainly money well spent for me ( Have you caught Loose women yet)
been on here for ages ? they were looking for someone from the public to join them a while ago, thought of a couple of my friends would be good at that

opinionated, sexy and very funny

can think of one or 2 on here that would have been good at that job,
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:29 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
been on here for ages ? they were looking for someone from the public to join them a while ago, thought of a couple of my friends would be good at that

opinionated, sexy and very funny

can think of one or 2 on here that would have been good at that job,
hmm - I can do the opinionated bit
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
hmm - I can do the opinionated bit
with you there wrote the book according to my OH
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:56 pm
half a century

with you there wrote the book according to my OH
yup and got the tshirt!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yup and got the tshirt!!!!
seems to be quite a big club that one
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:18 pm
half a century

seems to be quite a big club that one
Indeed- its the we the wife and mum are always right club!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Indeed- its the we the wife and mum are always right club!
so what else will you miss ?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:41 pm
half a century

so what else will you miss ?
hmm - think dog walking may be a prob -my 2 hounds need to run around like crazy - not sure "the dog" parks will suffice! hope they can go on beach in winter!

what else - my thrsday after school drink with friend !! Dont hink the drink culture has caught on as much as here!!

ohh look its twenty to g & t time!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada - Dog walking

hmm - think dog walking may be a prob -my 2 hounds need to run around like crazy - not sure "the dog" parks will suffice! hope they can go on beach in winter!
You hit the nail on the head here! One of the reasons I moved to Canada was the wide open spaces (I thought my dogs would have a blast) but the culture isn't as tolerant of dogs being off leash:
someone kicked one of my dogs for wandering onto his property,
my next door neighbour reported me to dog control a couple of weeks ago because one of my dogs wandered onto her property (the only reason she was out off leash was because of my broken ankle and the fact she won't pee on the deck like my boys will - she's normally very good at staying within the invisible boundaries!)
I was at the park to the south of Halifax a couple of months ago too and someone nearly took my fox terrier home because he'd wandered off and left me
Plus where I live there are too many hazards:-
big hunting culture and there are some bad stories of dogs that get shot, porcupine quillings, one of my babies was 'got' a couple of months ago and that was off season (the vet was astonished that he found a porcupine in winter). Apparently he gets LOADS of quilling incidents in porcupine season (it's a very traumatic experience, believe me!)
Ideally I'd like an enclosed yard and if/when I get round to purchasing a property if it doesn't have one to start with I'll be installing one but it seems such a waste of space!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.