Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What you can't get in Canada

What you can't get in Canada

Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:13 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
just reving up for the body gaurd hang on a mo and i will alwayssssssss lovvvvvveeeee yahoooooooo
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:22 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oh dear was that a cat, or next doors dog
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
ill get my coat
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:27 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

stood on scooby's paw!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:28 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

ill get my coat
meeeooooooooooow Bless wheres my mince pies, carn't buy them here
not ones you'd want to eat anyways
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:29 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

stood on scooby's paw!!
thats a relief, for a minute their thought it was coffeepot
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

thats a relief, for a minute their thought it was coffeepot
I thought it was coffee pot
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

so what do you wish they sold there ?
Here in Canada? How long have we got? I think for me the biggest thing I miss is Quorn (I think there might be an entry from me a long time ago about this - someone had a go at me for eating something "like meat" when I was a vegetarian). It's such a versatile product and doesn't taste unpleasant like most of the veggie stuff here. You can get it in the States and I was looking into taking the CAT from Yarmouth to Bar Harbour - $200, I ask you. I decided to take a trip sometime but I can't just nip over the border like I used to when I lived in Niagara.
What I really wish they sold here is anything M & S. M & S had an international operation and a lot of Canadians remember them as quality shops and often tell me how wonderful the food was but that doesn't do me any good!!!! Crumpets and pikelets and Linda McCartney sausages! I can get Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodles in Pete's Frootique so life's not all bad .
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:00 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Sanex deoderant - looked everywhere you can't get it.

34DD bra, only start in 36

Thank you and goodnight
Mrs M xx
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Sanex deoderant - looked everywhere you can't get it.

34DD bra, only start in 36

Thank you and goodnight
Mrs M xx
You could get a visitor to bring loads someone that knows you well ie sis mum ? and then send back what you don't want, M&S do a 90 day money back ?

imagine if they opened up at customs
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:58 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Esme
Here in Canada? How long have we got? I think for me the biggest thing I miss is Quorn (I think there might be an entry from me a long time ago about this - someone had a go at me for eating something "like meat" when I was a vegetarian). It's such a versatile product and doesn't taste unpleasant like most of the veggie stuff here. You can get it in the States and I was looking into taking the CAT from Yarmouth to Bar Harbour - $200, I ask you. I decided to take a trip sometime but I can't just nip over the border like I used to when I lived in Niagara.
What I really wish they sold here is anything M & S. M & S had an international operation and a lot of Canadians remember them as quality shops and often tell me how wonderful the food was but that doesn't do me any good!!!! Crumpets and pikelets and Linda McCartney sausages! I can get Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodles in Pete's Frootique so life's not all bad .
No Quorn -?? oh god will starve - thats one of my staples - me and hubby are veggies and kids arent - so can do a passable meaty family meal with it!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

No Quorn -?? oh god will starve - thats one of my staples - me and hubby are veggies and kids arent - so can do a passable meaty family meal with it!!
Mine too! (you've probably said elsewhere) but where are you moving to? If you're close to the border you can pop over - most US grocery stores carry Quorn (although they don't do the deli range). There is a quorn website www.quorn.us that lists locations by state that sell quorn products so all is not lost! When I moved to Barrie from St Catharines, I never made a trip to Niagara just to buy Quorn but I have taken advantage of being in NFON to nip to NFNY solely for Quorn. It's always harder to explain to the American border patrol on the way over than it is to the Canadians on the way back (although they all thought I was a bit tapped!)
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

(although they all thought I was a bit tapped!)[/QUOTE]

wonder why
Theres a thread from a while back called Why no quorn in canada, some people use other substitutes, may be worth a look
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:16 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Eugh quorn, I am a happy meat eater who often orders and eats veggie stylie but I just dont get Quorn.... there is nothing I hate more than ordering vegetable lasagne and finding some plonkers put quorn in it and its really vegetarian lasagne but no-one knows the difference, muppets! and it really upsets my tummy, dunno why must be weird!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

(although they all thought I was a bit tapped!)
wonder why
Theres a thread from a while back called Why no quorn in canada, some people use other substitutes, may be worth a look[/QUOTE]

I don't recommend any of the alternatives here - I've been a game gal and tried them all and they're all GROSS!!!!!!!!!! The States is the place to go for veggie fare, sorry to say. Canada's about 13 years behind the UK in terms of thinking "veggie" (although I've heard BC are pretty advanced). Ooh, just remembered Lick's Burgers (and frozen meals). I will eat my words coz Licks veggie stuff is good - their cottage pies are THE BEST Canadian veggie food I've had (don't quote me but I think they're only available in the GTA although we had a Lick's restaurant in Barrie and the Barrie A & P sell their frozen food)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.