Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What you can't get in Canada

What you can't get in Canada

Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What you can't get in Canada

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Hey Mrs M - this is a fab site for the larger breatsed lady too:

http://www.bravissimo.com/

sorry gents!!!
Yes you can see they are really cut up you put that on
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:28 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Yes you can see they are really cut up you put that on
yup - bet they are gutted!!

evening btw !!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:29 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Never heard of Kraft dinners ? Pumpkin in a tin, what do you use that for, is it for pumpkin pie ?

Whats the syrup you put on pancakes and waffles yum yum, we have golden syrup and maple syrup also honey of course.

Tim Hortons apparently we do have them here now on m25 and other places,

We have great cheeses, greek yogurt, yorkshire puddings, fab chocolate and cereals that taste nice
Nope - I managed to survive my time in the US without the Kraft Dinners - although that is where I got my love of cold pizza. Don't really like PP although I do like pumpkin soup. Don't mind the pancakes and waffles and the syrups too (I have a very nice blueberry one in my fridge, and just bought back a 1 liter bottle of maple) not so fond of honey other than for cooking with. Don't really do cheese - but getting better (but I don't think I will ever get to the blue stuff) but considering 13 years ago I didn't eat it at all I think I'm doing rather well now. But, yes do yogurt, yorkies, and chocs (although again not a chocoholic) and I love my musli - but there was a good one (granolia type) in the hotel we stayed in in Regina.

TH - do they translate here better than Cadbury's to Canada??? Maybe the next time I go on the M25 I will have to seek out.

Well, off to cook a curry ready for Casualty. That's about one of the few things I will miss...and I have already signed up for Nova so I don't!

My other losses will be Cheese and Onion and Beef and Onion crisps - although since Brussels have interfered they are not the same as when I was little and then there is Richmond Irish Sausages - that will be the other loss. So, not much then.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

yup - bet they are gutted!!

evening btw !!
Evening all now we can't hijack this thread as well you know
good bras by the way, are you stocking up before you go ? i am
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:34 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Evening all now we can't hijack this thread as well you know
good bras by the way, are you stocking up before you go ? i am
Good to know as my pendular bits will need help too - just what I like - another shopping opportunity
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:49 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Nope - I managed to survive my time in the US without the Kraft Dinners - although that is where I got my love of cold pizza. Don't really like PP although I do like pumpkin soup. Don't mind the pancakes and waffles and the syrups too (I have a very nice blueberry one in my fridge, and just bought back a 1 liter bottle of maple) not so fond of honey other than for cooking with. Don't really do cheese - but getting better (but I don't think I will ever get to the blue stuff) but considering 13 years ago I didn't eat it at all I think I'm doing rather well now. But, yes do yogurt, yorkies, and chocs (although again not a chocoholic) and I love my musli - but there was a good one (granolia type) in the hotel we stayed in in Regina.

TH - do they translate here better than Cadbury's to Canada??? Maybe the next time I go on the M25 I will have to seek out.

Well, off to cook a curry ready for Casualty. That's about one of the few things I will miss...and I have already signed up for Nova so I don't!

My other losses will be Cheese and Onion and Beef and Onion crisps - although since Brussels have interfered they are not the same as when I was little and then there is Richmond Irish Sausages - that will be the other loss. So, not much then.
bras bras bras!!!

HPMouse - where are you in UK ? we are cheam - south London.

apparently they only have Tim H donuts (doughnuts) and timbits over here!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:05 am
half a century

something to get you in the mood for yr curry!

http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=zTvVM...eature=related
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:28 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

something to get you in the mood for yr curry!

http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=zTvVM...eature=related
Nice try - its a chinese curry
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:28 am
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

bras bras bras!!!

HPMouse - where are you in UK ? we are cheam - south London.

apparently they only have Tim H donuts (doughnuts) and timbits over here!
Yeah - see I could do the donughts...

We are in Reading
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:31 am
half a century

Nice try - its a chinese curry
hmm - will have to search again !!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

can you get that mail order as i have 2 vegies ?
Thats really funny i didn't post this ?[/QUOTE]

I noticed I'd been attributed to something someone else wrote earlier as well. Poor website, can't keep up with us!!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:40 am
half a century

Yeah - see I could do the donughts...

We are in Reading
ooh maybe we could have a pre emmigration meet up at the Tim H's on the M25!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by gingnut
For some balance here is what you can't get in the UK. Tim Hortons, who cares moving. Kraft dinner, don't judge me, if you have kids raised in Canada you know they love it too. A molson tshirt. Pancake mix and waffles that are made in the toaster. Also, syrup to put on the pancakes or waffles. Pumpkin in a tin, trust me I looked everywhere, ruined my thanksgiving. Plus you can't get away with picking your nose on the street corner bc there is some camera to catch you, and going shopping in your pajamas without it being assumed you have a mental health issue.
Beautiful! This was a great read and (while I don't understand the attraction personally ) it seems to me, you've hit the nail on the head when it comes to 'You can take the Canadian out of Canada but you can't take Canada out of the Canadian". What you said aboiut shopping in your PJs really made me giggle. I still can't bring myself to go out in my least obvious PJs which is crazy coz EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

Who said you could get Tim Horton's in the UK? That's a travesty. It's bad enough (in my very ENGLISH opinion!) that it's available in the States. I really don't like Tim Horton's coffee and drive a very long way to avoid it to get my coffee in the morning. On the rare occasions I've desparately needed a (non-alcoholic) drink I've attempted to get an "Earl Grey tea with a spot of milk" which usually ends up lost in translation and I generally get steeped tea with a lot of milk. Not as bad as a Scottish friend of mine who asked for the same order and ended up wioth peppermint tea Tim Horton's staff are renowned for getting orders wrong. I love their Iced Caps though... roll on summer!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Esme
Thats really funny i didn't post this ?
I noticed I'd been attributed to something someone else wrote earlier as well. Poor website, can't keep up with us!!![/QUOTE]
I think somehow our 2 posts were swapped

yes we are even too much for BE
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:41 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs JonboyE is away visiting her parents so I had to go to Safeway to do some shopping.

Altogether it was a rather scary experience.

However, I survived, and as I have noticed that Marmite is of great concern to many posters, I am pleased to confirm that Safeway sell it - it is in the spice isle.

Is it too early to open a bottle of wine to calm my nerves?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.