Phone-Internet-TV

Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone-Internet-TV

Originally Posted by Tinpusher63
Shaw just recently purchased Wind Mobile so I expect at some point they'll offer a four point deal.
Ah. This is true. Maybe Wind won't have such crap coverage then either. Would explain their recent price hikes as well.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit

If anyone's interested I can post a breakdown of our costs and what is/is not included.
I would be interested. I need to cancel one of our 4 cell phone lines in a few weeks as our daughter is going to France for a year and a week later another cell phone will be off plan so I can negotiate for that to continue.

We're with Rogers.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Shaw just recently purchased Wind Mobile so I expect at some point they'll offer a four point deal.
Damn. No doubt the prices will skyrocket.

Sigh. Wish TMobile were here!
Old Aug 5th 2016, 5:57 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Vernon is getting an upgrade by Telus, the who are spending $35 million on installing everywhere around town what they call " Pure Fibre "high speed internet -250mbs, pretty good for here, not in a city. We initially ditched them when we got rid of satellite and just streamed everything as the speed was pathetic- 12mbs. We got Shaw- 105mbs but that has recently slowed. Snoop reckons that they are screwing us around- They phoned trying to upgrade me to 150mbs for the current price of $90ish but committing to them for 2 years.... Telus would give us 250mbs and home phone ( we need this when we are on call) for $90. They claim that that price is good for the foreseeable. Shaw may be a touch annoyed that Telus had been round before they phoned and are strangling our speeds as punishment. Ookla is Shaw sponsored so speeds they suggest I'm doubting. I do like the Shaw Ooen hotspots which are really useful as they seem to be everywhere and cut down data yes age by going wireless. I will miss that. Maybe atelus may improve theirs.
We have Telus for our cell phones and even have Telus Health for our EMR/Medical system at work.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Vernon is getting an upgrade by Telus, the who are spending $35 million on installing everywhere around town what they call " Pure Fibre "high speed internet -250mbs, pretty good for here, not in a city. We initially ditched them when we got rid of satellite and just streamed everything as the speed was pathetic- 12mbs. We got Shaw- 105mbs but that has recently slowed. Snoop reckons that they are screwing us around- They phoned trying to upgrade me to 150mbs for the current price of $90ish but committing to them for 2 years.... Telus would give us 250mbs and home phone ( we need this when we are on call) for $90. They claim that that price is good for the foreseeable. Shaw may be a touch annoyed that Telus had been round before they phoned and are strangling our speeds as punishment. Ookla is Shaw sponsored so speeds they suggest I'm doubting. I do like the Shaw Ooen hotspots which are really useful as they seem to be everywhere and cut down data yes age by going wireless. I will miss that. Maybe atelus may improve theirs.
We have Telus for our cell phones and even have Telus Health for our EMR/Medical system at work.
The pure Fibre Telus offers is better speed, reliability, and latency wise than the cable Shaw does. $90 for home phone and 250mbps internet is good - I would take that.

I only wish Bell would offer Fibre in our town, but for now Rogers cable is really reliable here. In Toronto we had problems with it at my Nana's condo due to their oversubscription in the GTA, but out where we are it isn't a problem. Bell only offers 6Mbps service here, so I laugh them off when they cold call asking us to switch.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Damn. No doubt the prices will skyrocket.

Sigh. Wish TMobile were here!
+1. their plans are so great!! I think its like 20GB of 4G data for $90 (USD) plus "binge data", so Spotify and Netflix are free data, and roaming in Canada at LTE speeds and 2G roaming in a bunch of other countries.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I would be interested. I need to cancel one of our 4 cell phone lines in a few weeks as our daughter is going to France for a year and a week later another cell phone will be off plan so I can negotiate for that to continue.

We're with Rogers.
The breakdown for our cells is as follows. I got this plan by speaking to Customer Relations after pressing the "cancel" options in the phone system.

WIRELESS
Share Everything 15GB Canada wide
-includes Canada wide minutes, unlimited texting, 15Gb of data, the free Spotify for 2yrs and ROAM LIKE HOME.
Main/primary line (Subsidised iPhone 6s+) $145.00/month
Secondary line (Subsidised Galaxy S7) $60.00/month
Tertiary line (Subsidised iPhone 6s) $60.00/month
Fourth line (No tab unlocked iPhone 6) $45.00/month
Line 5 + 6 (Tablets) $10.00/month x2 = $20.00/month
+
iPhone Value Pack x 3 (Visual Voicemail+unl int’l txt) $15.00
- $23.00 ongoing monthly credit (2yrs)
- 12% Better Choice Bundle Discount
Total for Wireless = $283.36/month + HST 13.00% = $320.20/month

Recommendation for the France daughter - have them turn her line into a "tablet" line - you pay $10/month for it, no calls or texts, but access to your shared data plan (if you have Share Everything) and access to the Roam Like Home feature (just ensure she activates it by texting travel to 222). The benefit to this would be keeping her Canadian number for when/if she returns, and she has a plan already set up to use her mobile when she comes to visit. I plan on doing this on my parents plan when I leave the country, if its still an option in 4 years.

The 12% discount I get is automatic if you have the other 3 (landline, cable, internet) services with Rogers. If you have just 2 other services the discount is 8% which isn't bad either.

We also got a decent bundle for Internet/TV/Home phone. All three have pretty much every feature possible and they add up to $306.81/month after tax for Extra Plus cable with the full sports package, home phone with unlimited north america calling plus 500 mins to popular international destinations, and the new super speedy gigabit internet package with unlimited usage.

We could save ~$50 by sticking to the 250Mbps plan but the high upload speed is useful as I run a number of services from our home that I connect into while i'm out, and we have about 15 devices from the phones, ipads, game consoles and computers running at any given moment, so the extra bandwidth is useful as well.

Cheers
Old Aug 5th 2016, 9:18 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people with Internet, cell phones and TVs have a home phone? We dumped home phone years ago, only people using it was tele marketers

Had to tell em all to leave and find office space lol, no I ment calling us of course

We have:

360 GB fast Bell Internet $65

Rogers cable + sports pack $70

X2 cell 6GB shared unlimited calls txt $152 (Rogers)

Last edited by magnumpi; Aug 5th 2016 at 10:01 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:05 pm
Formerly known as Hangman

Tinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond reputeTinpusher63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Why do people with Internet, cell phones and TVs have a home phone? We dumped home phone years ago, only people using it was tele marketers
For me I'm a dinosaur when it comes to cell phones I only got one about a month ago and it is for emergencies only nothing more, it costs me $100 per year for minutes and what I won't use will roll over when I purchase my next $100 worth. I have no other use for a cell phone.

Home phone costs us $16 per month. So no brainer to keep the home phone.

Our monthly bill from Shaw Cable:
Limited TV: $25.00 (Basic skinny package, no sports)
Internet 150mbps: $79.90 (1.1 TB limit, not enforced)
Personal Phone: $16.00

Total: $120.90 + GST

Last edited by Tinpusher63; Aug 5th 2016 at 10:21 pm. Reason: Added billing info
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:11 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

My recent home purchase is the first property in 12 years here that has cell service adequate enough to ditch a home phone. BC's hills can make cell phone coverage pretty patchy.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:12 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

For me I'm a dinosaur when it comes to cell phones I only got one about a month ago and it is for emergencies only nothing more, it costs me $100 per year for minutes and what I won't use will roll over when I purchase my next $100 worth. I have no other use for a cell phone.

Home phone costs us $17 per month. So no brainer to keep the home phone.
I can fully understand a home phone for u, but those who have unlimited plans and Internet at home I cannot

We call our grand kids every week but it's usually visual using FaceTime, can't imagine what they think of a voice only call lol

Ok I also get it now after reading Rich post. We just lucky then to live in a well connected area :@)
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:38 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Vernon is getting an upgrade by Telus, the who are spending $35 million on installing everywhere around town what they call " Pure Fibre "high speed internet -250mbs, pretty good for here, not in a city. We initially ditched them when we got rid of satellite and just streamed everything as the speed was pathetic- 12mbs. We got Shaw- 105mbs but that has recently slowed. Snoop reckons that they are screwing us around- They phoned trying to upgrade me to 150mbs for the current price of $90ish but committing to them for 2 years.... Telus would give us 250mbs and home phone ( we need this when we are on call) for $90. They claim that that price is good for the foreseeable. Shaw may be a touch annoyed that Telus had been round before they phoned and are strangling our speeds as punishment. Ookla is Shaw sponsored so speeds they suggest I'm doubting. I do like the Shaw Open hotspots which are really useful as they seem to be everywhere and cut down data yes age by going wireless. I will miss that. Maybe Telusmay improve theirs.
Because.....

I can fully understand a home phone for u, but those who have unlimited plans and Internet at home I cannot

We call our grand kids every week but it's usually visual using FaceTime, can't imagine what they think of a voice only call lol

Ok I also get it now after reading Rich post. We just lucky then to live in a well connected area :@)
We live in a bit of a dip, reception with cell phones is unreliable in some parts of the house/ mansion When we switch back to the fast Telus, they apparently will apparently set up mini towers on the telegraph poles thus giving us reliable reception which we have to have when we are around the house
Old Aug 5th 2016, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have home phone for Stinky's reason. Dad is a physician and its required that they have a home phone for when they are on call... No other reason. Other than that we have perfect cell reception and I use my cell for everything. If we didn't have to have it for that reason we would be rid of it.

Even if the cell reception was bad, Rogers offers Wi-Fi calling, so when i'm at home on our wifi anyways my calls go through the wifi network. Super handy on planes where there is wi-fi but obviously not cell reception I can still send texts. Its cool really.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 2:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

+1. their plans are so great!! I think its like 20GB of 4G data for $90 (USD) plus "binge data", so Spotify and Netflix are free data, and roaming in Canada at LTE speeds and 2G roaming in a bunch of other countries.
Dont forget Data Stash (if you don't use it all, it carries over); #GoGo free wifi on flights for an hour; #MusicStreaming; #BingeOn; unlimited Pokemon data for a year curtesy of #TMobileTuesdays (they got free tickets to SuicideSquad this week!) They are #MagentaAwesome! Uncarrier Services | Uncarrier Offerings w/ No Contracts | T-Mobile

Old Aug 6th 2016, 11:25 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

..."high speed internet -250mbs...speed was pathetic- 12mbs. We got Shaw- 105mbs...upgrade me to 150mbs....250mbs...Ookla is Shaw sponsored...Shaw Ooen hotspots...Maybe atelus...
...15GB Canada wide...includes Canada wide minutes, unlimited texting, 15Gb of data, the free Spotify for 2yrs and ROAM LIKE HOME...
We could save ~$50 by sticking to the 250Mbps plan but the high upload speed is useful as I run a number of services from our home that I connect into while i'm out...extra bandwidth...
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Dont forget Data Stash...GoGo free wifi on flights...MusicStreaming...BingeOn...TMobileTuesda ys (they got free tickets to SuicideSquad...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.