Coronavirus

Old Apr 5th 2020, 2:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I get a script for 2 x 3 months meds every 6 months.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 6:55 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My point about an interruption in supplies was that yes, it's the same quantity overall but if three months are dished out to two thirds of the people needing the meds and then the supply is interrupted and it's all gone, then those who would be about due to get their three months worth cannot and may not get any.
Whereas if the others have only been allowed one month at a time, then everyone has something to be going on with while they await further supplies.
It's the same thinking behind the bog paper when some couldn't get any because others took more than was needed.
Why are you so sure they are not allowing for the possibility of shortages? We've just seen the US getting medical supplies intended for Germany and Canada.
Look at it logically and make a few assumptions. At the moment from Worldometers there are 14k cases of C19 in Canada with 233 deaths and an average very recent death rate of 50/day. It'll increase with time. If we assume that the death rate increases by 10%/day with a peak in about 2 weeks then there'll be a maximum death rate of about 200/day. If we assume that this continues for 3 months at this rate, ie with no fall, and if we further assume 50% of all canadians have at least one regular prescription (true), or about 15 million, then we are talking about a possible maximum 'wastage' proportion of 90*200/15M = roughly 20k/15M or not very much.
There may be shortages, but decreasing the period whereby prescriptions are drawn and tripling the cost overall does nothing but increase the rate at which those who need to pay transfer their hard earned to to the pharmaceutical money making machine that is your local pharmacist.
The health industry has identified the C19 crisis as an opportunity to exploit us, and another example'll be along shortly. Keep watch, it's a con.

Last edited by dave_j; Apr 5th 2020 at 7:12 am.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 1:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Police were out in force yesterday on the Humber Bay waterfront. Ticketing parked cars...some had parked between the large traffic cones despite large notices attached. They we’re moving people along, and asking people to leave the park.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 1:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Look at it logically and make a few assumptions. At the moment from Worldometers there are 14k cases of C19 in Canada with 233 deaths and an average very recent death rate of 50/day. It'll increase with time. If we assume that the death rate increases by 10%/day with a peak in about 2 weeks then there'll be a maximum death rate of about 200/day. If we assume that this continues for 3 months at this rate, ie with no fall, and if we further assume 50% of all canadians have at least one regular prescription (true), or about 15 million, then we are talking about a possible maximum 'wastage' proportion of 90*200/15M = roughly 20k/15M or not very much.
There may be shortages, but decreasing the period whereby prescriptions are drawn and tripling the cost overall does nothing but increase the rate at which those who need to pay transfer their hard earned to to the pharmaceutical money making machine that is your local pharmacist.
The health industry has identified the C19 crisis as an opportunity to exploit us, and another example'll be along shortly. Keep watch, it's a con.

I realize it is the US but all my meds are written and filled to accomodate a 90 day period. The pharmacy must have monthly projections of what is needed or will be needed by using past reoccurring prescriptions . I rather doubt there will be a shortage of meds as you anticipate. Although that has occurred in my one eye drop for glaucoma. The demand worldwide is so high that the supply at the manufacturer's level. No new supply until after August and by then my remaining sight in one eye will be gone as none of the other eye drops can lower the pressure sufficiently.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 2:26 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Does anyone have a plan as to how we expose everyone to this, or is life never going to return to normal? I get that we have to keep the healthcare system going, but how is the future spike to be avoided?

Are the borders going to be permanently shut?
My opinion on this is that the world is keeping everyone at home as best they can (except for food shopping etc) until Italy & Spain start letting people out again. If it flares up again over there, we are back to the drawing board, and stuck inside for the Fall and Winter.

I'm really curious what will happen with Sweden if their 'experiment' works. If it turns out OK, Trump might just open everything up to protect what is left of the USA economy.

I'm also interested in what they will do for Novembers presidential vote. He might be extended in office if people cannot get out to vote. Who knows, everyone is living life one day at a time right now, including me.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
My opinion on this is that the world is keeping everyone at home as best they can (except for food shopping etc) until Italy & Spain start letting people out again. If it flares up again over there, we are back to the drawing board, and stuck inside for the Fall and Winter.

I'm really curious what will happen with Sweden if their 'experiment' works. If it turns out OK, Trump might just open everything up to protect what is left of the USA economy.

I'm also interested in what they will do for Novembers presidential vote. He might be extended in office if people cannot get out to vote. Who knows, everyone is living life one day at a time right now, including me.
The Netherlands appears to bucking the trend too.

I have to admit that I can't understand how there won't be a spike when the world returns to normal unless, of course, a vaccination has been produced by then.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 3:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

A postal vote is the obvious answer but the GOP depends on low turnout so Trump has nixed that already.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 4:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Look at it logically and make a few assumptions. At the moment from Worldometers there are 14k cases of C19 in Canada
As I said, there's always the chance of the US commandeering supplies intended for Canada like they already have.

But remember the drugs come from all over, they're not just made in Canada. The number of cases in Canada and whatever rate they may increase at is not the only factor. At the production point there could be absences affecting the quantity produced. At the transportation points there could be staff problems affecting the transportation. At the customs points there could be absences or other issues.....need I go on?

Canada and its citizens might suddenly develop total immunity. But that doesn't guarantee a supply at the same rate when so many other factors come into play.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 6:12 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

NB?
I think it's the same as everywhere else, just lower numbers. We're only 776,000 in the province. The positive results tripled in 6 days at one point.

But being that much smaller, less dense, all the usual responses happened earlier so our peak may be less dramatic so long as people don't get complacent.

I suppose, when you consider the proportion of older people is much higher here than other provinces things could be worse.
I was referring to the BC situation.

Forgot to tick the quote message box.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 6:38 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, there's always the chance of the US commandeering supplies intended for Canada like they already have.
But remember the drugs come from all over, they're not just made in Canada. The number of cases in Canada and whatever rate they may increase at is not the only factor. At the production point there could be absences affecting the quantity produced. At the transportation points there could be staff problems affecting the transportation. At the customs points there could be absences or other issues.....need I go on?
Canada and its citizens might suddenly develop total immunity. But that doesn't guarantee a supply at the same rate when so many other factors come into play.
Chicken Little might be right and the sky might fall, but this doesn't explain the fact that the same quanitity of drugs is prescribed no matter what the prescribing period is. Yes more drugs are prescribed PER PRESCRIPTION every three months as opposed to 30 days.. but it only happens a third of the time and these are staggered, they don't all happen at once. It's a scam.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Without amending the constitution, his term can't be extended without an election and automatically ends January 20 at 12 noon.

Even the delaying the election is not an easy task.

Seems to be the opinions of legal experts anyhow.

Why do so many people seem to think people can just stop paying their rent, like my in laws, the rule currently is you cannot be evicted during the state of emergency, however by not paying rent you lose a landlord reference and when renting a bad reference can mean not finding a new rental in the future, and once the state of emergency is lifted any past due rent will need to be paid in full or one will be evicted. The no eviction during the state of emergency isn't a get out of paying rent card.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 5th 2020 at 7:12 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 7:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Why do so many people seem to think people can just stop paying their rent, like my in laws, the rule currently is you cannot be evicted during the state of emergency, however by not paying rent you lose a landlord reference and when renting a bad reference can mean not finding a new rental in the future, and once the state of emergency is lifted any past due rent will need to be paid in full or one will be evicted. The no eviction during the state of emergency isn't a get out of paying rent card.
You mentioned before that they are a bit thick, so try not to let them get you down.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for the grocery store workers, having to work in a time like this for relatively low pay, risking their health so we can still get food.
article.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour works at an Independent in the bakery dept, and lately she's been working 8pm - 4am instead of days 8 - 5. I don't know if she's stocking or cleaning or if they want to get all the baking done before the store opens. At least she has the use of her mum's car for the time being as her shift ends before the bus starts running.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:18 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Boris admission to hospital with. Covid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.