Coronavirus

Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

What is wrong with people? A man in Quebec was apparently frustrated about the social distancing measures at Wal-Mart so hit a security guard with his car and then fled the scene, but was later arrested and charged, the security guard is in critical condition in hospital.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-run-1.5522500

Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:42 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

The BBC has just advised that Boris Johnson has just been admitted to hospital with C19.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
Chicken Little might be right and the sky might fall, but this doesn't explain the fact that the same quanitity of drugs is prescribed no matter what the prescribing period is. .
I haven't said it does. I have allowed for the possibility of a shortage - as has already happened very recently with medical supplies and over the last few months in Canada and completely unrelated with other drugs.

And if that happens at a time when people continue to collect three months at a time there will be some with up to three months worth and some with none.

It's really not rocket science.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I feel for the grocery store workers, having to work in a time like this for relatively low pay, risking their health so we can still get food.
article.
I hope when all this is over people such as grocery store workers, nurses, etc get a decent wage which reflects how much we need/rely on them.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I'm really curious what will happen with Sweden if their 'experiment' works.
Sweden prepares for possible tighter coronavirus measures as deaths rise
Sweden’s government is drawing up new legislation to allow it to take “extraordinary steps” to combat Covid-19, local media have reported, amid concern that its relatively soft approach may be leading to a higher death rate than in other Nordic countries. Denmark and Norway are among the many countries to have imposed tough lockdowns, closing borders and shutting schools and non-essential stores, and Finland has isolated its main urban area around Helsinki. But Swedes are still able to shop, go to restaurants, get haircuts and send children under 16 to class. On Sunday Sweden reported a total of 401 deaths so far from Covid-19, up 8% from Saturday and greater than the totals of its three Nordic neighbours combined.
Old Apr 5th 2020, 9:45 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by dave_j
It's a scam.
If that's all it is, why was it ever allowed to get three months at a time and once it had been, why so slow to reverse it?
Old Apr 5th 2020, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
If that's all it is, why was it ever allowed to get three months at a time and once it had been, why so slow to reverse it?
Seems more like a world wide supply chain issue and not Canada specific. If a pharmacy has to fill a prescription once per month, that takes labor, and cost to the pharmacy, they shouldn't be expected to do it for free. I would also assume if people are now filling every 30 days vs 90 days, this adds higher workload onto the pharmacists and techs and may need to work longer hours to meet the demand. Really doesn't look like a way to make more, seems like the pharmacies will actually end up doing more work and they should be paid for it. Drugs themselves are not huge profit makers for retail pharmacies, I have one medication where a month supply is $3.87 how could any pharmacy make a profit on that drug?

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...iption-limits/

There is also a shortage of OTC medications especially Tylenol and related because people are stocking up, like with TP.

Old Apr 6th 2020, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Seems more like a world wide supply chain issue and not Canada specific. If a pharmacy has to fill a prescription once per month, that takes labor, and cost to the pharmacy, they shouldn't be expected to do it for free. I would also assume if people are now filling every 30 days vs 90 days, this adds higher workload onto the pharmacists and techs and may need to work longer hours to meet the demand. Really doesn't look like a way to make more, seems like the pharmacies will actually end up doing more work and they should be paid for it. Drugs themselves are not huge profit makers for retail pharmacies, I have one medication where a month supply is $3.87 how could any pharmacy make a profit on that drug?

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...iption-limits/

There is also a shortage of OTC medications especially Tylenol and related because people are stocking up, like with TP.

I have never, ever paid pharmacy charges until I came to Canada...not in the US or UK. Ridiculous IMO.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 12:20 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have never, ever paid pharmacy charges until I came to Canada...not in the US or UK. Ridiculous IMO.
Same as bank charges I suppose - not with the US, of course.

It's even more weird that the very same drug/quantity has a different price between two retail pharmacies and a different processing fee too.

Why don't they just identify what profit margin they want and charge accordingly, just like any other retailer.

Old Apr 6th 2020, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Same as bank charges I suppose - not with the US, of course.

It's even more weird that the very same drug/quantity has a different price between two retail pharmacies and a different processing fee too.

Why don't they just identify what profit margin they want and charge accordingly, just like any other retailer.
never pay bank charges...here or US or UK.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 1:12 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for the grocery store workers, having to work in a time like this for relatively low pay, risking their health so we can still get food.
article.
They should be given the same amount of appreciation as health care workers and first responders. Same for the farmers who grow the food, and the truckers who deliver the food. The forgotten heroes keeping us all fed.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 1:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Same, it was just my co-pay, never realized there were places where there was a filling fee. My co-pay at the time was $5 for generic and $10 for name brand up to a 90 day supply. At that time my monthly premiums was $0 as my employer paid premiums in full for single employees with no dependents.

Bank charges were new to me when I came to Canada as well, at the time monthly banking in the US was free at most banks, then when I came to Canada there really were no free options except PC Financial, unless one had a couple thousand in the bank at all times to meet the monthly minimum, or a mortgage, now there are more free options in Canada and many US banks have gone to monthly fees if certain criteria isn't met, but back then monthly fees were not something banks in California were doing.

Old Apr 6th 2020, 1:53 am
Account Closed

These graphs from CBC

Old Apr 6th 2020, 1:55 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
They should be given the same amount of appreciation as health care workers and first responders. Same for the farmers who grow the food, and the truckers who deliver the food. The forgotten heroes keeping us all fed.
My Mrs has been in store everyday, usually 9 hour shift between cash and Pharmacy. I worry, the abuse some people give, let alone the dumb people who have come in straight from coming back from Florida - straight to the store to stock up BEFORE they self isolate. WTF.
Old Apr 6th 2020, 2:42 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
My Mrs has been in store everyday, usually 9 hour shift between cash and Pharmacy. I worry, the abuse some people give, let alone the dumb people who have come in straight from coming back from Florida - straight to the store to stock up BEFORE they self isolate. WTF.
I worry for my Wife too. She works at Canadian Tire but at least now they have installed some flexi glass to protect the cashiers. She still gets rude & ungrateful customers.

Closing the Ontario cdn tire stores has pretty much wiped out there website https://www.canadiantire.ca/en.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.