Coronavirus

Old Apr 3rd 2020, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Today Ford is making public the projected stats for Ontario. He said he didn’t want to release them but we have a right to know...warning that they will be shocking.
Bad news is often delivered by the government late in the day on a Friday.

Old Apr 3rd 2020, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That sounds very ominous. He'd probably have been better off just releasing the projections without the warning, it just gives people more time to stress. Hope you're going ok JG
I am doing just fine, thank you. Managing to get out and walk most days in an area where there are not many people. Food etc delivered and left at the door. Trying to take each day as it comes and not ponder about the future. How are things with you, how are your daughter and mum?
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 12:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I am doing just fine, thank you. Managing to get out and walk most days in an area where there are not many people. Food etc delivered and left at the door. Trying to take each day as it comes and not ponder about the future. How are things with you, how are your daughter and mum?
Good to hear. Muddling along nicely here thanks, just waiting for mum's anaesthetic risk assessment, her last hurdle before surgery. My daughter's power assist for her wheelchair was finally delivered, she's going to wear it out scooting up and down her driveway
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 12:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/premier-to-release-really-stark-projections-friday-as-ontario-confirms-401-new-covid-19-cases/ar-BB124PF3?ocid=ientp

I
just came to post "Redneck Premiere in Doing Right Thing Again Shocker".
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That sounds very ominous. He'd probably have been better off just releasing the projections without the warning, it just gives people more time to stress. Hope you're going ok JG
I think the people who have a handle on how serious this is, will be expecting these figures.

Ford has done this to try and get through to these people who are swanning off to the park when the sun shines, or decide to have a gathering with their friends, because "they all know each other and say oh were ok we know each other we haven't got it" I still don't think it has got through to some people, maybe shock tactics will help..., next step... complete lockdown if people don't listen.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 2:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

There's supposed to be some sort of release in Saskatchewan beginning next week as well, but we actually got the message 10 or 11 days ago.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...irus-1.5507892
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...urge-Plan.html

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 3rd 2020 at 2:52 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 3:00 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yeah I miss the pub....ahhh deep sigh...

Seriously though I am having very strange dreams night after night, a few of them with my parents in, and they have both been gone for well over 20 years. and detailed dreams about friends I haven't seen in years, even dreams of conversations with people I have never met, just random faces and characters! Very strange....
Originally Posted by Oink
Me too. My alcohol consumption has plummeted.
For those that miss the pub - grab a glass of something (or a bottle) and head over to the Red (on) Lion - an online pub! You will need a microphone - and a camera
https://theredonlion.co.uk/
CAMRA has created a virtual pub for beer drinkers and pub-goers to get together for a beer and tackle the loneliness and social isolation felt during the Coronavirus lockdown and closure of the nation’s pubs.

The Red (On)Lion is a video platform where anyone can join the public bar for a lively chat over a beer or book a table to set up video conferencing for up to four participants

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 3rd 2020 at 3:10 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 3:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
At least 44 cases linked to the dental conference at the start of March.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/super-spreadin...ases-1.4879074
Just as you thought I wonder how many people they infected without realising
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 4:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Here, 143 cases linked to a funeral home in St John's and two funerals over a couple of days. Out of 195 total in the province!
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

For those that miss the pub - grab a glass of something (or a bottle) and head over to the Red (on) Lion - an online pub! You will need a microphone - and a camera
https://theredonlion.co.uk/
Actually funny you say that I did that on WhatsApp last weekend.....you can get up to three people at once on a video call, so we all had a pint and chatted banter and b***cks for an hour! we actually had a few laughs, it sure did break the weekend up!

Thanks for that link Siouxie....may give that a try too!
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think there are a lot in the UK that have had it and didnt know....if this is the case, that could be good news for them, as they could be on the way to herd immunity without even realising it....that would be some good news, although sadly it looks like there are going to be more deaths to come first. I think the UK need to test more....from what I have been hearing.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

More than anyone will know at this point.

Ford back in Ontario seems to make more comments and such than our Premier does, he has had some new conferences of course but they have mostly focused on programs and assistance the government is providing. The government has largely let the provincial health officer do the health related news conferences held each day, I don't think she has released exact projections from their modeling, but she did say yesterday at current rate of growth its manageable, so hopefully that is a good sign, but so much can change day to day.

They seem to be running out of people to test though, # of people tested has dropped a bit, so sounds they are going to broaden the testing a bit more, so that may change things.

Old Apr 3rd 2020, 5:10 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

See post #888
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Projections for Ontario with current intervention measures in place...3,000 to 15,000 deaths. Without measures 100,000. Population of Ontario is approx 14.5 million. Over 18 mth to 2 years period.

80,000 cases projected by end of April with current measures in place. Without 300,000 cases. 1,600 deaths by end of April with current intervention measures.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 3rd 2020 at 6:08 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 6:59 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

This pandemic, as time from the Spanish Flu pandemic, very simplistically demonstrates is a one in a century event. But this really is a probability and there's nothing to prevent a new viral pandemic ocurring next year, or even now.
This virus attacks lung function and has highlighted the need for mechanisms that assist lungs to absorb oxygen, in this case the much vaunted ventilator.
There's no way to know what useful piece of technology will be needed the next time nature decides to take on the human species.
What is evident is that the virus needs to spread from individual to individual in order to generate a 'pandemic'.
It's not clear to me why low tech items like face masks and gowns haven't been stockpiled in sufficient quantity to provide protection to medical staff during a period that would be defined by a long term pandemic.
These items aren't particularly exciting, but they have been shown to be absolutely necessary in excessive quantity.
If I still lived in the UK I might wonder why disgusting amounts of money have been wasted on a pair of useless aircraft carriers, nuclear powered submarines etc etc, when there's a real need for simple things like a few buildings full of beds that can be used in an emergency. This failing isn't confined to the UK alone. Like the current pandemic, it infects political decision making worldwide.
"Ahhh.." I hear you say, "Nobody saw this coming, so there's nobody at fault."
But this isn't true. We have armies of people who game play the next world war in order to anticipate the needs therefrom and this is driven by the profit motive under the false guise of protecting the population. Where were those game playing experts examining the next global health threat?
I suspect that there existed a small army of Joe Bloggs's shouting from the rooftops of their sheds in the UN that they'd seen evidence of the pandemic starting but such news doesn't win elections or fatten wallets and was ignored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.