Coronavirus

Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Danny B
It's funny you say that Paul, loads of people all over the world are having crazy dreams.
No dreams here that I can recall. I'm getting my sleep in 2 or 3 shifts most nights, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Me too. My alcohol consumption has plummeted.
Mine too, as not only is the pub off limits, so are mates, so I have no bad influences...with their "ah come on.... one more"
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny you say that Paul, loads of people all over the world are having crazy dreams. They seem to have started in the last few weeks when the lock down started. I had some really sick dreams the other night, ghastly things happened and I couldn't even blame it on Cannabis this time. The virus has got into our heads.
So I am not alone then? I don't feel overly anxious, but maybe I am subconsciously and it comes out through my weird dreams....

I am one for having messed up dreams anyway, real horrific ones. But dreams lately are just strange.... I think your right weather we think it or not this virius has got into our heads
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 8:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yeah I miss the pub....ahhh deep sigh...

Seriously though I am having very strange dreams night after night, a few of them with my parents in, and they have both been gone for well over 20 years. and detailed dreams about friends I haven't seen in years, even dreams of conversations with people I have never met, just random faces and characters! Very strange....
It's funny you say that Paul, loads of people all over the world are having crazy dreams. They seem to have started in the last few weeks when the lock down started. I had some really sick dreams the other night, ghastly things happened and I couldn't even blame it on Cannabis this time. The virus has got into our heads.
So I am not alone then? I don't feel overly anxious, but maybe I am subconsciously and it comes out through my weird dreams....

I am one for having messed up dreams anyway, real horrific ones. But dreams lately are just strange.... I think your right weather we think it or not this virius has got into our heads
This is something I'm hearing from a lot of people as well. We humans are pretty good at pushing stuff to the back of our minds or not allowing ourselves to think about it in our waking hours, so when our subconscious takes over it can have 'interesting' results.

If you can, don't let the dreams/nightmares distress you once you're awake, they're actually a very efficient way for our brains to deal with stress and no matter how horrific they are they're in no way an indication of how we really feel or think - they're just a jumbled mess of bits and pieces of things we've seen/felt/heard/read.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 9:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I never remember any of my dreams...if I didn’t know better I would say I don’t dream. I usually go to sleep around 11.30 pm...now I am waking at 5 am. I need 8 hours sleep not 5 1/2.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 9:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I never remember any of my dreams...if I didn’t know better I would say I don’t dream. I usually go to sleep around 11.30 pm...Now I am waking at 5 am. I need 8 hours sleep not 5 1/2.
That's a PITA Do you have a nap in the day to make up for the lost sleep?

Oddly, the night terrors that are part of PTSD have settled down since scouse and I locked ourselves away. Maybe I'm really just allergic to people! Although, no. I really do like people, even the unlikable ones
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 9:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That's a PITA Do you have a nap in the day to make up for the lost sleep?

Oddly, the night terrors that are part of PTSD have settled down since scouse and I locked ourselves away. Maybe I'm really just allergic to people! Although, no. I really do like people, even the unlikable ones
sometimes I take a nap...but I try not to.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

BC seems to have too restrictive testing requirements, they said today number of tests being done have fallen, so looking into ways to implement more broad testing criteria, the criteria to get tested right now is pretty strict, mainly just healthcare workers, those in hospital or about to be hospitalized, and such. So I guess part of why our numbers are not increasing is they are doing less tests the last few days, they don't have a back log currently, so guess its good time to broaden and start doing more testing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...il-2-1.5519612

6 additional deaths announced today for BC, but more than 1/2 of confirmed cases have recovered.

I haven't had any weird dreams that I know of, the dreams I have remembered have been normal kind, but I am clearing experiencing more Dissociation than I normally do as well as going into my dream world which is an idealized world I created when I was a kid and have built upon it over the decades, both are stress induced, more stress the more often and long it happens.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 2nd 2020 at 11:30 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Even government jobs are not secure in these times. Like other city's have, City of Vancouver is going to lay off some staff, 1,500 of them.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/city...rus-april-2020

Old Apr 3rd 2020, 12:33 am
Account Closed

At least 44 cases linked to the dental conference at the start of March.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/super-spreadin...ases-1.4879074
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 2:00 am
Account Closed

Looks like a fair amount of people will as expected fall through the cracks. One group estimating 862,000 wont qualify for EI or CERB.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds...says-1.4879119

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Apr 3rd 2020 at 2:10 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually sleeping better. Clients demands were getting into my dreams and I wasn't sleeping that well a few weeks ago. Deadlines aren't as crucial now, clients are nicer and I"m sleeping better. During the day I think about all of the long term implications of this virus and I did look at our portfolio yesterday. (down about 20% from February peak, but actually gone up since March 17, likely due to the increased value of the US $ to the Canadian $).

I participated in an online Zoom trivia hosted by the pub we sometimes go to on a Monday night for trivia and that was fun with 100 households/people participating. There were a lot of red faced people on the video screen as I think many were drinking heavily..
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This is something I'm hearing from a lot of people as well. We humans are pretty good at pushing stuff to the back of our minds or not allowing ourselves to think about it in our waking hours, so when our subconscious takes over it can have 'interesting' results.

If you can, don't let the dreams/nightmares distress you once you're awake, they're actually a very efficient way for our brains to deal with stress and no matter how horrific they are they're in no way an indication of how we really feel or think - they're just a jumbled mess of bits and pieces of things we've seen/felt/heard/read.
No I don't let them get to me, although some of them in the past have a little. These dreams I am having now.... I just find them very strange....its almost as though everyone I have met and everything I have done in my life is suddenly appearing in these dreams, even though I haven't thought about them in the waking hour.

I can usually reason why I have dreamt of something….its usually because I have thought about something during the day, but not thought about it for long enough, like a really quick split second thought, then it will normally appear in a dream, but these dreams lately….cant work out why someone or something comes up in dream that happened years and years ago…..and I really don’t get the random faces and in depth conversations with people I have never met! Just plain weird!
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Today Ford is making public the projected stats for Ontario. He said he didn’t want to release them but we have a right to know...warning that they will be shocking.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Today Ford is making public the projected stats for Ontario. He said he didn’t want to release them but we have a right to know...warning that they will be shocking.
That sounds very ominous. He'd probably have been better off just releasing the projections without the warning, it just gives people more time to stress. Hope you're going ok JG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.