Coronavirus

Old Nov 30th 2020, 4:14 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by caretaker
To compare between the provinces and the states, here for the sheer joy of copy and paste:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ates-1.5051033
And now we have twice as many cases as we did on Nov 1:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ov-1-1.5209320
This site is really useful for comparing C19 in provinces vs rest of the world

https://bccdc.shinyapps.io/covid19_global_epi_app/

Old Nov 30th 2020, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

California is the closest to Canada's population, which is why it's at times compared to Canada. California also took and still continues to take some pretty strict restrictions, it wasn't one of the states that ignored the problem, and they shut down major theme parks which are still closed, had mandatory masks for months now, stay at home orders, curfews in some parts, the governor has basically thrown everything he can within his powers. It's pissing people off though, so I think people are overall are simply not complying. Same in BC, sure people wear masks, but they are still doing non-essential travel to ski hills, having birthday parties, other types of gatherings, still had thanksgiving gatherings, likely to have Christmas ones as well.

Government can only do so much, rules wont work if a large enough % of the population don't follow them. Even small gatherings are a risk. There was a family in Vancouver area, they had a 6 person birthday party. Every single one of the people who attended got COVID, 2 in hospital, and 1 in ICU and intubated. They believe the source was a family members spouse, while the family members spouse did not attend, it appears the family member married to said spouse, was asymptomatic and spread it to the others at the small party.

Imagine if it were a 30-40 person party and 1 asymptomatic person showed up.

What I don't get is, if someone in a family is showing symptoms and awaiting test results, what is known about asymptomatic carriers now, why the rest of the family isn't required to isolate, I specifically asked about my wife (who is staying in a show suite where we live as a precaution) and I was told, she did not need to self isolate unless showing symptoms.

My sister never showed symptoms, she spread it to her family and more than half her office, and never showed 1 symptom.

They do now say on the sheet if you test negative but show any symptoms to still self isolate until symptoms resolve, which could be months for me, I got tested to see if I had it as a precaution because of the symptoms but 99% chance its just my usual winter cough/congestion with no known reason that lasts for months sometimes.

Old Nov 30th 2020, 5:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have a cough and allergies/congestion year round...can’t see any point getting tested unless the cough changed drastically and/or I suddenly lost my sense of smell/taste.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 30th 2020 at 5:54 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 7:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have a cough and allergies/congestion year round...can’t see any point getting tested unless the cough changed drastically and/or I suddenly lost my sense of smell/taste.

Everyone I know although only 4 of them, who had COVID none lost their smell or taste. But then one wasn't even showing a single symptoms while spreading it around. It's the asymptomatic people that I worry about, they have no idea they spreading it, and can cause outbreaks in workplaces and such.

My cough comes and goes, when it was the cough alone I had no concern, but when I got achy on Thursday, and the cough got worse along with the scratchy throat and wheezing sound when I breathe, figure the responsible thing to do was to get tested.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 30th 2020 at 7:14 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 7:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
...It's the asymptomatic people that I worry about, they have no idea they spreading it, and can cause outbreaks in workplaces and such...
Our CMO has said all along that we should more or less behave as if we all have it.

New Brunswick's numbers have been going up at a much higher rate than previously. I've just been looking back to see when we reached 200 and it was 25th September. The first 'presumptive' case was 11th March so 28 weeks to reach 200. About 30 of those were tracked to one person and then the numbers tailed off so it's not like they progressed gradually.

Less than 10 weeks later and we broke 500.

Last edited by BristolUK; Nov 30th 2020 at 7:57 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone I know although only 4 of them, who had COVID none lost their smell or taste. But then one wasn't even showing a single symptoms while spreading it around. It's the asymptomatic people that I worry about, they have no idea they spreading it, and can cause outbreaks in workplaces and such.

My cough comes and goes, when it was the cough alone I had no concern, but when I got achy on Thursday, and the cough got worse along with the scratchy throat and wheezing sound when I breathe, figure the responsible thing to do was to get tested.
People that are asymptmatic, including children, are very worrying indeed.

I have had my nose broken twice...then broken twice again when it was reset. I therefore have a very sensitive nose. No one is poking anything up there, unless it is absolutely necessary.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

People that are asymptmatic, including children, are very worrying indeed.

I have had my nose broken twice...then broken twice again when it was reset. I therefore have a very sensitive nose. No one is poking anything up there, unless it is absolutely necessary.
No swish and gargle test in Ontario?

So much easier, a little saline water, swish 5 seconds, gargle 5 seconds and repeat 3 times, spit and done.

Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So much easier, a little saline water, swish 5 seconds, gargle 5 seconds and repeat 3 times, spit and done.
I don’t know. I am extremely careful if I go out, only really go to the grocery store, once a week and then only go inside if it is quiet. There is always someone on the door counting shoppers, making sure people wear masks and sanitize hands. TBH non of the stores around here are anything like as busy as they normally are. Early in the year I had all my groceries delivered, but I am a bit of a control freak, and like to pick fresh produce myself. We aren’t mixing with anyone, so hopefully chances of getting the virus are low. We go walking by the lake but there are plenty of open spaces and almost everyone wears a mask.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

I don’t know. I am extremely careful if I go out, only really go to the grocery store, once a week and then only go inside if it is quiet. There is always someone on the door counting shoppers, making sure people wear masks and sanitize hands. TBH non of the stores around here are anything like as busy as they normally are. Early in the year I had all my groceries delivered, but I am a bit of a control freak, and like to pick fresh produce myself. We aren’t mixing with anyone, so hopefully chances of getting the virus are low. We go walking by the lake but there are plenty of open spaces and almost everyone wears a mask.
Unless things have changed since last week, the stores around me have been pretty much a free for all circus at times. I haven't seen any store since April doing the entry control, Wal-Mart and Home Depot do have someone at the door to hand out a mask to those who don't have one, but I haven't seen any real enforcement, and some put the mask on but then pull it down making it useless....

Wal-Mart last week was packed, everything is just as busy as usual if not more.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:49 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

yes but it's not as accurate

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...index/covid-19
Old Nov 30th 2020, 9:55 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Unless things have changed since last week, the stores around me have been pretty much a free for all circus at times. I haven't seen any store since April doing the entry control, Wal-Mart and Home Depot do have someone at the door to hand out a mask to those who don't have one, but I haven't seen any real enforcement, and some put the mask on but then pull it down making it useless....

Wal-Mart last week was packed, everything is just as busy as usual if not more.
Really? Capacity control and masking is pretty strictly enforced here and compliance is high.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 10:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

With my gag reflex I suspect that would lead to some vomiting. Perhaps they can test that?

Originally Posted by bats
yes but it's not as accurate
I have that impression regarding the home test kit too that only goes in the nostril and not further along the respiratory tract.
Old Nov 30th 2020, 11:51 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
With my gag reflex I suspect that would lead to some vomiting. Perhaps they can test that?

I have that impression regarding the home test kit too that only goes in the nostril and not further along the respiratory tract.
Probably, it's hard to do that level of invasion to yourself! My brother said you push It in til it makes yer eyes water - ooer missus. His home test was negative but the rest of the household was positive.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 12:19 am
Account Closed

As suspected the weekend was pretty bad in BC. A huge chunk of cases are in one health region in the lower mainland.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...v-30-1.5820095

I was hoping my test would have fallen into the average 30-35 hours listed online the last few days. 53 hours so far.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 1st 2020 at 1:20 am.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 1:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
People who have had it tell me loss of smell is the give away, and they can eat raw onions without issues.
This is not the case in all cases of covid-19. My husband is on quarantine with a positive case of covid-19 and it has never affected his sense of smell. As for symptoms, he has never had a cough or a runny nose. He doesn't go shopping or out of the house without a mask and still he has tested positive. Yes, he has been sick with a bad ear infection, which caused vertigo, loss of appetite, and fatigue. He is currently taking the same regiment of drugs that President Trump took. 14 days of meds, 3 pills morning and night.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 1st 2020 at 3:00 am. Reason: corrections

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.