Coronavirus

Old Apr 1st 2021, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
832 cases of COVID-19 and five deaths in BC.

787,649 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C. including 87,394 second doses.

Government asking people not to have holiday gatherings or travel over the holiday weekend.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...date-1.5973130
Don't you think they are being a bit too lenient still? I am not a fan of lock downs i don't want to see businesses struggle and people out of work and i certainly don't like being forced to stay in BUT it seems that all this "asking" people and saying things like "be kind" and "advising" people not to gather or travel is just pussyfooting around. Horgan had said a while back they couldn't really ban travel interprovincially yet surely it's not that hard if they had the balls to get tough. UK managed to stop people travelling and police were out in force stopping traffic. How many routes are there from Say the Lower Mainland to Kelowna? 3? A road check on each one would soon stop people travelling unnecessarily. How many campers have you seen just today ready for the off? Are they all going "up the road" or are they travelling further afield? Big White said they closed early because majority of booking enquiries were from Lower Mainland so clearly people are not bothered about being asked not to. I just shake my head when i see that restaurants and coffee shops are prevented for indoor eating yet nothing else is changing.
Maybe i am missing something here.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I do think in many ways they have been too lenient and indeed people have taken advantage of that.

Originally Posted by printer
Don't you think they are being a bit too lenient still? I am not a fan of lock downs i don't want to see businesses struggle and people out of work and i certainly don't like being forced to stay in BUT it seems that all this "asking" people and saying things like "be kind" and "advising" people not to gather or travel is just pussyfooting around. Horgan had said a while back they couldn't really ban travel interprovincially yet surely it's not that hard if they had the balls to get tough. UK managed to stop people travelling and police were out in force stopping traffic. How many routes are there from Say the Lower Mainland to Kelowna? 3? A road check on each one would soon stop people travelling unnecessarily. How many campers have you seen just today ready for the off? Are they all going "up the road" or are they travelling further afield? Big White said they closed early because majority of booking enquiries were from Lower Mainland so clearly people are not bothered about being asked not to. I just shake my head when i see that restaurants and coffee shops are prevented for indoor eating yet nothing else is changing.
Maybe i am missing something here.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 1:06 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ontario’s Covid numbers have been steadily rising since SCHOOLS OPENED in January...to approx 2,300 per day. From Saturday at 12 am outdoor dining is banned again. It was only opened up 2 weekends ago. Shops can stay open but the capacity has again been reduced. Gyms and salons to stay closed. A decision has yet to be made whether to close schools.
Fixed it for you. Ontario's Covid numbers rise when schools are open and fall when they are closed.

With regards to vaccine appointments the antiquated healthcare system has been ruthlessly exposed. To expect vulnerable people in their 80's to line up in the freezing cold outside is literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen. The lack of a central Healthcare system means they can't get to the most vulnerable to vaccinate them.

The vaccine booking website no doubt developed by over paid contractors is woefully inadequate to book appointments on the days that it does work.

In the last twelve months covid has exposed all three tiers of government for being incompetent and failing to represent value for the tax payer.

Boris Johnson puts them all to shame. Boris "Facking" Johnson.

It's unbelievable.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 1:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Fixed it for you. Ontario's Covid numbers rise when schools are open and fall when they are closed.

With regards to vaccine appointments the antiquated healthcare system has been ruthlessly exposed. To expect vulnerable people in their 80's to line up in the freezing cold outside is literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen. The lack of a central Healthcare system means they can't get to the most vulnerable to vaccinate them.

The vaccine booking website no doubt developed by over paid contractors is woefully inadequate to book appointments on the days that it does work.

In the last twelve months covid has exposed all three tiers of government for being incompetent and failing to represent value for the tax payer.

Boris Johnson puts them all to shame. Boris "Facking" Johnson.

It's unbelievable.
Well said James.

Yeah 80+ yr olds waiting outside in sub zero temps. Now we have mass vac centres in Toronto almost empty. Staff being paid to stand around. Unbelievable.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 4:54 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well said James.

Yeah 80+ yr olds waiting outside in sub zero temps. Now we have mass vac centres in Toronto almost empty. Staff being paid to stand around. Unbelievable.
People can't get there.

It's fine encouraging people like me to get to a vaccination centre but asking folks over 65 to travel anywhere in a Canadian winter is not kind let alone during a pandemic. It's a complete failure.

I'm glad the distribution network is expanding but this whole thing has been a mess.

30 kids are able to eat lunch in a classroom together and yet 4 adults can't eat a meal outside a restaurant outside. They don't test kids and then tell us track and trace isn't working. What idiots are these people? Today has been depressing and long.

Ontario- closed for business!
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

While I don't doubt there have been less-than-wonderful experiences for old folks getting vaccinated in Ontario, there have also been good ones. My parents, both mid-80s, received their first shots exactly as scheduled, just under two weeks ago. No fuss, no outdoor lineups, no problem. Not sure what gave them a good experience vs a bad one, but it would be wrong to assume that the process is all going to hell in a handcart.

Just sayin'.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 1:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abner
While I don't doubt there have been less-than-wonderful experiences for old folks getting vaccinated in Ontario, there have also been good ones. My parents, both mid-80s, received their first shots exactly as scheduled, just under two weeks ago. No fuss, no outdoor lineups, no problem. Not sure what gave them a good experience vs a bad one, but it would be wrong to assume that the process is all going to hell in a handcart.

Just sayin'.
Sounds fair. Here they've been giving the jabs for older folk at Pharmacies which are mostly big ones like Shoppers. My MIL went on Tuesday at her appointed time but because it had just been announced that the AZ vax wasn't being given to under 55s, a late decision was made to jab anyone over 55 who just turned up, so they were crowded.

It wasn't great for people who had appointments - MIL waited about 30 minutes longer than her time - but it sounds like it was a bonus for a greater number of people. And despite being much busier than expected the line-up only went back to the door so they were all inside.

My appointment is at a vax centre - which is a lot more inconvenient to me than the pharmacy but mainly because I'm a rare non driver. However, it's not that far, though it means a taxi, but it's an events centre and all indoors. I'll find out what it's like next Tuesday.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 2:20 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've gather, Ontario is now going into a 3rd lockdown due to rising cases, BC is shutting venues again due to rising cases, and Alta is without any restrictions ?! WTF. After one year of this pandemic it's mystifying that the authorities/public don't make the connection between virus transmission and freedom.
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

It's not rocket science. Is it a coincidence that the countries panicking about a third wave (France, Germany and Canada come to mind! ) are ones who are behind the curve regarding vaccine rollout? Oh and they just happen to be among countries that are restricting the use of the perfectly good AZ vaccine and essentially condeming therefore a number of their citizens.

Old Apr 2nd 2021, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canucks hockey team is up to 8 players and 1 staff member testing positive.

https://www.tsn.ca/vancouver-canucks...ases-1.1617242
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 3:30 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

It's a long read, but essentially over-optimistic Bob took his family to Birmingham in August to take advantage of the the UK's Eat Out to Help Out (EOTHO) scheme, got Covid, and died soon after. Such a gamble, and so many seemed to dismiss Covid risk last summer. Good commentary on Sunak and the government on it's ineptitude.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...t-him-his-life

Sunak was the driving force behind EOTHO; promotional images for the initiative had his signature on them. He was riding high at the time, basking in approval ratings higher than those of the prime minister. A political unknown just six months previously, he was now beloved by the British public for turning on the spending taps. The government-funded scheme gave consumers 50% off the cost of food and soft drinks, up to a maximum discount of £10 a person, in participating businesses on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August. A total of 160m meals were claimed at 78,116 participating outlets that month, meaning that about 1.5 meals were claimed for each person in the UK. It is impossible to estimate how far airborne Covid particles can travel in an indoor setting. “They will travel as far as the airflow takes them,” says Morawska. “That may be metres or tens of metres.” ...Han Liu of the University of Minnesota has modelled the transmission of Covid in restaurant settings. “Only keeping 6ft [1.8 metres] away from each other is not enough in some circumstances,” says Liu. He cites other factors, such as air-conditioning, ventilation and even the way body heat can cause air particles to rise and circulate. “All of these factors will create a complex flow pattern that will drive small droplets further than 6ft from a spot and infect other people.” Although Liu’s study was published in February 2021, he points me towards a paper published in July 2020 that examined a Covid outbreak in a restaurant in Guangzhou, China. It came to similar conclusions.
Edited.. reduced to 1 paragraph - fair usage limits..
*and previously posted:
Coronavirus

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 3rd 2021 at 4:08 pm. Reason: More than fair usage (copyright)
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

14 canuck players now on the COVID list.

P.1 variant is playing a role in the outbreak.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/14-c...nhl-covid-list

4 games postponed so far.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 1:24 am
Account Closed

They don't typically update on weekends or holidays, but they did today.

Friday- 1,018 new cases.
Saturday- 1,072 new cases.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...il-3-1.5974891
Old Apr 4th 2021, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Doctor in Vancouver who works in a hospital tweeted this.

Old Apr 4th 2021, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.