Coronavirus

Old Nov 26th 2020, 9:03 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

The bit about Harper shutting down research capability is certainly true. Gutting the NRC in his attempt to stop scientists studying climate change is one of his worst crimes. Harper was no Donald Trump, but still an asshole in his own right.
We'll get our vaccines. We waited for enough masks and hand sanitizer, waited for more toilet paper (and it arrived), and the vaccine will be made available as well. We are seasoned Covid-teers now, not a bunch of kids chafing under the rules.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 26th 2020 at 9:09 am.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
The bit about Harper shutting down research capability is certainly true. Gutting the NRC in his attempt to stop scientists studying climate change is one of his worst crimes. Harper was no Donald Trump, but still an asshole in his own right.
We'll get our vaccines. We waited for enough masks and hand sanitizer, waited for more toilet paper (and it arrived), and the vaccine will be made available as well. We are seasoned Covid-teers now, not a bunch of kids chafing under the rules.

Well to be fair we do make toilet paper and hand sanitizer domestically......

Although my TP says made in US of imported and domestic materials. But I know there is at least one TP making place in BC, possibly more, and certainly some in Quebec and east. But we buy the cheap Wal-Mart brand, and they seem to buy from a US producer, probably cheaper since they are already buying the same product for the US market, just wrap it with a different label with some French and the cost likely minimal for that and cheaper to truck it to Canada vs finding a company to make it for them here for a relatively small market.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 26th 2020 at 6:21 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 6:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The bare shelves in March and April were all about panic buyers and the supply chain was a week or so behind. No biggie. The stores are geared up for this wave.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 6:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Although my TP says made in US of imported and domestic materials. But I know there is at least one TP making place in BC, possibly more, and certainly some in Quebec and east. But we buy the cheap Wal-Mart brand, and they seem to buy from a US producer, probably cheaper since they are already buying the same product for the US market, just wrap it with a different label with some French and the cost likely minimal for that and cheaper to truck it to Canada vs finding a company to make it for them here for a relatively small market.
There's a few TP producers in Canada - Ontario, BC, Quebec, https://madeinca.ca/category/homeproducts/tp/
It's quite interesting to read what items are made in Canada - and hopefully won't go out of stock so easily should panic buying commence again due to a 2nd or 3rd wave of Covid, lol.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
The bare shelves in March and April were all about panic buyers and the supply chain was a week or so behind. No biggie. The stores are geared up for this wave.
Only thing I have really noticed a shortage off is certain types of frozen meats and vegetables, they are mostly imported from the US, so I wonder if the trucking supply chain is a bit slow at the moment, I know Fedex and UPS are not doing well down there, massive amount of parcels and can't maintain their staffing levels.

Old Nov 26th 2020, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

This guy in Dawson Creek, flipped out on the Wal-Mart worker asking him to wear a mask. RCMP is recommending charges, released the suspect on a promise to appear.

There has been an increase in these sorts of issues since the mandate went into effect.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7485947/d...4eZgISlEBMTo3I

Worker suffered minor injuries.

Old Nov 26th 2020, 8:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

The video didn't continue to the assault, but that's ok. 60 days I hope and too bad if he loses his job; author of his own misfortunes, and if there were no cameras he may have got his brains kicked in so he's getting off easy.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 8:48 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

This guy in Dawson Creek, flipped out on the Wal-Mart worker asking him to wear a mask. RCMP is recommending charges, released the suspect on a promise to appear.

There has been an increase in these sorts of issues since the mandate went into effect.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7485947/d...4eZgISlEBMTo3I

Another reprehensible case in Nelson (not sure if already discussed here).
Old Nov 26th 2020, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shard
Another reprehensible case in Nelson (not sure if already discussed here).

People are getting difficult. Yes, Nelson too, probably others that have been missed in the media.

I'd have added an extra zero to the find for not wearing a mask, I think it's $320, but really should be $3,200.

The Kelowna FB groups, oh my some crazy conspiracy people out there, boggles the mind, and it's like there is a book they all use, they repeat the same exact crap, the ever popular educate yourself, what else, oh yes everyone including doctors and professionals who have spent entire careers and decades studying infectious disease apparently know nothing, and the 25 year old, who looks like they barely finished high school listing their employer as some bar, or fast food joint are apparently the go to experts.

And poor Bill Gates, what did he ever do to these people.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 9:06 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This sign should be up in more doctors waiting rooms.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

For those who are curious, and want to spend $75 and have a participating life labs nearby, you can now get antibody testing done.

It's available in Vancouver area and Kamloops, but not available in Kelowna.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7484886/n...ibody-test-bc/

My sister had one of these tests done in the US, how they determined she was likely the asymptomatic source to a couple outbreaks, but it was free for her, covered by public health, and here we have to pay $75 bucks.

If it were cheaper like $20 bucks, I'd consider doing it for curiosity, but not for $75 dollars.

Whistler is open for the season, but the municipality is hoping non-locals stay away for now. (Vancouver and LM don't count as local.)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...emic-1.5815139

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 26th 2020 at 9:43 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

887 new cases, 13 deaths in BC.

Almost 300 in hospital.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...v-26-1.5818226

Old Nov 27th 2020, 12:29 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

People are getting difficult. Yes, Nelson too, probably others that have been missed in the media.

I'd have added an extra zero to the find for not wearing a mask, I think it's $320, but really should be $3,200.

The Kelowna FB groups, oh my some crazy conspiracy people out there, boggles the mind, and it's like there is a book they all use, they repeat the same exact crap, the ever popular educate yourself, what else, oh yes everyone including doctors and professionals who have spent entire careers and decades studying infectious disease apparently know nothing, and the 25 year old, who looks like they barely finished high school listing their employer as some bar, or fast food joint are apparently the go to experts.

And poor Bill Gates, what did he ever do to these people.
It does boggle the mind. The "book" is their social media echo chamber. It's also the case that the asymptomatic nature of Covid and the many mild cases tend to skew perceptions.
Old Nov 27th 2020, 2:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Record high number of cases in Toronto yesterday 1,855, but record high number of tests 58,000.

What I don’t understand is...Toronto is on lockdown but not certain regions that are part of the GTA. Surely the whole area should be lockdown? I can’t shop, go the the hairdressers but if I travel a few miles within the Toronto area I can. ;confused:
Old Nov 27th 2020, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Record high number of cases in Toronto yesterday 1,855, but record high number of tests 58,000.

What I don’t understand is...Toronto is on lockdown but not certain regions that are part of the GTA. Surely the whole area should be lockdown? I can’t shop, go the the hairdressers but if I travel a few miles within the Toronto area I can. ;confused:
Keep calm and believe in science

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.