Coronavirus

Old Nov 25th 2020, 2:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Not entirely sure I trust the Liberal Gov't on this.

This is interesting bit from the National Post article linked below, interesting stuff in that article.

"The National Research Council announced Tuesday it would partner with a Chinese firm on a vaccine using a proprietary cell the council developed that was also used for an ebola vaccine. Gerdts’ lab is getting access to the same technology for their project."

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ction-capacity

Mexico is aiming for vaccines as early as December with shipments arriving from US and Europe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/heal...-idUSKBN2842D7

Globe and Mail

"Last week at a House of Commons health committee meeting, senior officials told members of Parliament that unlike other countries, Canada has not struck licensing deals to manufacture the vaccines domestically."

“We’re going to end up being months later getting the vaccine to Canada in large part because the federal government failed to do the obvious thing, to license it as other countries have,” said Prof. Attaran, an immunologist by training. He pointed out that even though the AstraZeneca vaccine hasn’t yet been approved, India and Australia are already producing it in order to have stockpiles in place for when it is approved.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...mpression=true

Old Nov 25th 2020, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Well that sucks for us. I guess I'll be buying it on the black market instead.
You might have to if you want to fly to Australia.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ghts-1.5202091
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Looks like the Ministry of Health has provided some clearer guidelines on the restrictions in regards to physical activity.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...2020-1.5814645

Public health officials have ordered dance studios, yoga studios, gymnastics centres and other spaces offering group indoor fitness activity to temporarily suspend those activities across B.C. Also include cheerleading and pilates as well as strength conditioning.
Plenty of ways these types of places can be run safely. Being in shape is one on the best things you can do to protect yourself from the effects of Covid.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 1:19 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I just don't understand how a basic health precaution like wearing a mask has become 'you're infringing on my human rights/freedom' for some people. It doesn't make sense, not to me anyway.
I agree it does not make sense. I suspect some see it as some kind of government oppression. I'd suspect that these people are more than happy to tell others what to do, but when it comes to someone telling them what to do, they don't like it.

Perhaps they should be transported to somewhere in the world where human rights and freedoms are actually infringed upon, and let them see how that really feels, and how being told to wear a mask is nothing in comparison to that.

They also do not seem able to comprehend that this thing is frigging real, and very serious, and wearing a mask WILL help prevent you from spreading and getting covid.

The utter b'stard in me would quite like to see them plonked down in a covid ICU ward, with no mask, and see how well they fare, hopefully they'd all become seriously ill, and then - hopefully - realize they should listen to the advice.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 1:20 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Plenty of ways these types of places can be run safely. Being in shape is one on the best things you can do to protect yourself from the effects of Covid.
I am in shape, I'm round, that's a shape
Old Nov 25th 2020, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure the BC Ministry of Health would appreciate your input on how they can be run safely, as apparently the health officials don't share the same opinion.

Old Nov 25th 2020, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sharkus
I am in shape, I'm round, that's a shape
It's just my belly that is round, if not for my belly, I would even be overweight, literally all my excess weight is in the belly, skinny legs, and arms and hips bony as can be, damn belly though ruins it all.

But its not from gyms being closed, I never went to gyms, my weight gain is 100% from not having an active job, when I have an active job, I maintain a near perfect weight, but I don't enjoy exercise enough to go to a gym.

It's not like am hundreds overweight, depending on source for my "ideal" weight, I am anywhere from 13 pounds to 50 pounds overweight, but the low end for my height is listed like 182 lbs and when I was 182 pounds I looked like a skeleton, so I am closer to the 10-13 pounds overweight.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 25th 2020 at 4:34 pm.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 5:41 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Try telling that to the 74 odd people who became ill from one infected person attending a spin class! https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...phic-1.5767688
What started with a COVID-19 case in one person at a downtown Hamilton spin studio has led to at least 74 people being infected.

And Hamilton Public Health Services (HPHS) has now revealed a glimpse of how it spread.

At a board of health meeting on Monday, HPHS released a graphic with preliminary information. Of the 74 infected, the graphic shows, public health believes 48 got the virus at Spinco.

Those 48 people were connected to other parts of the community, including households, school and daycare centres, healthcare facilities and other workplaces (restaurants, gyms, retail stores, etc.).

Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Try telling that to the 74 odd people who became ill from one infected person attending a spin class! https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...phic-1.5767688

Something odd going on there for sure - did they tag a kissing contest on the end of the spin class? Spin classes can and are being successfully run with measures in place that are designed to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen. If the venue and the organisation is right and everyone plays their part in terms of hygiene distancing it works.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's just my belly that is round, if not for my belly, I would even be overweight, literally all my excess weight is in the belly, skinny legs, and arms and hips bony as can be, damn belly though ruins it all.

But its not from gyms being closed, I never went to gyms, my weight gain is 100% from not having an active job, when I have an active job, I maintain a near perfect weight, but I don't enjoy exercise enough to go to a gym.

It's not like am hundreds overweight, depending on source for my "ideal" weight, I am anywhere from 13 pounds to 50 pounds overweight, but the low end for my height is listed like 182 lbs and when I was 182 pounds I looked like a skeleton, so I am closer to the 10-13 pounds overweight.
I am overwieght - well that's what my BMI tells me, it says I need to loose over a stone to get below 25. I have an active job, cycle and walk a fair bit but maintain a genourous midriff which I can't explain, my wife thinks it could be something to do with the amount of beer and pizza she says I put away but that's just conjecture!
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Trudeau said same today. Said he hoped countries would honour their agreement with Canada, but he expects they will give the vaccine to their own people first. That sounded disappointing. Think we may look into either going to the US or UK for the vaccine.
And potentially spreading COVID into Britain! We've just started to handle it so well - Boris said so, and now we've got to deal with vaccine tourists!!!!
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Something odd going on there for sure - did they tag a kissing contest on the end of the spin class? Spin classes can and are being successfully run with measures in place that are designed to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen. If the venue and the organisation is right and everyone plays their part in terms of hygiene distancing it works.
SIGH. Spin class - heavy breathing, people exercising very close together... not every health centre / spin class is equal and not everybody takes heed of the restrictions / requirements - not everyone plays their part - clearly! I know 5 of the people affected - they had to self isolate for 14 days.. loss of wages, and everything else. Not one of them attended the spin class - but they worked with a person that did. You cannot rely on people 'doing the right thing' - or necessarily being aware that they are infectious / asymptomatic when they attend a class!
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs
And potentially spreading COVID into Britain! We've just started to handle it so well - Boris said so, and now we've got to deal with vaccine tourists!!!!
don’t worry I would get tested first and isolate upon arrival if necessary. I will not be a tourist...I’m a Brit and will simply be going home.
Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Trudeau said same today. Said he hoped countries would honour their agreement with Canada, but he expects they will give the vaccine to their own people first. That sounded disappointing. Think we may look into either going to the US or UK for the vaccine.
Depending on costs and availability in the US, I would be highly tempted to go across and get it if they do indeed get it several months earlier. My wife would be tricky though, I don't believe she can enter by land at the moment into the US, could by air, but because my passport is expired and delays for renewals long, I can only cross at a land border.

Complicated all around. I guess she could go maybe go to Switzerland, she has Swiss citizenship, but I dunno its kind of far to go and only way is by plane......

Old Nov 25th 2020, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
SIGH. Spin class - heavy breathing, people exercising very close together... not every health centre / spin class is equal and not everybody takes heed of the restrictions / requirements - not everyone plays their part - clearly! I know 5 of the people affected - they had to self isolate for 14 days.. loss of wages, and everything else. Not one of them attended the spin class - but they worked with a person that did. You cannot rely on people 'doing the right thing' - or necessarily being aware that they are infectious / asymptomatic when they attend a class!
Yawn - so one class got it badly wrong - somehow - and now we're all naughty children who can't be trusted, come on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.