Coronavirus

Old Nov 20th 2020, 6:38 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Gozit
I wouldn't necessarily call it deadly. Only about 1% of the Cdn. population has tested positive and even less then that have died. Comparing it to the 1918 pandemic is a little ridiculous as people were literally dropping like flies.
I'm sorry , i know you are frustrated by the lack of things you can do, believe me i feel it to, count yourself lucky that you don't work in an industry that has been decimated by this crap
I get frustrated too , because this would be OVER if people had done what needed to be done ( I include governments in this)

but of course it is deadly , people die from it.
I honestly have no patience for people who seem to think that the restrictions are somehow a personal affront as opposed to a reasonable measure to limit the spread of DEADLY (yes i'm using that phrase again , but it happens be be true , according to the WHO)

go work in a covid ward without PPE , then tell me how "not deadly" this virus is

i never mentioned 1918 , so don't put words into my mouth.

you do realize that the lack of deaths etc is a direct result of precautions taken , not something that has happened despite them. it has become very clear (just look at the numbers in Ontario), that as people relax their precautions , cases rise

Last edited by Zoe Bell; Nov 20th 2020 at 6:46 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 9:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't necessarily call it deadly. Only about 1% of the Cdn. population has tested positive and even less then that have died.
I do think that's more than a tad complacent.
We've been relatively untouched in this part of Canada. In NB it took about 6 months to reach 200 cases and we had 2 or 3 fortnights of no new cases. The next 200 was reached in 2 months. We just had the highest one day total in over a month, 2 days later it was beaten and 2 days later beaten again.

Just about every other country in the world, most states and most provinces in North America are seeing record numbers and then record numbers again.

There's increasing evidence of 'long covid' and now organ damage in people who have 'recovered'. Low scale perhaps but more than one organ damaged and these things don't repair themselves. And just in the last week something about one in five people suffering some form of mental illness (anxiety, depression) within three months of apparent recovery.

When you consider that most people having covid and then recovering have yet to reach 3 months, one in five is likely a very conservative figure.

And a new 'now' is the projection that at the current rate Canada's hospitals will be unable to cope with the number of cases by end of year suggesting a lower survival rate, an increase in the long term problems and none of this takes into account the other conditions that people have or will develop that will be less likely to be treated and will thus become problematic in a way they would not have.

As tough as it may be, we can actually do something about it until the vaccines start to do their work.

Old Nov 20th 2020, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I'm sorry , i know you are frustrated by the lack of things you can do, believe me i feel it to, count yourself lucky that you don't work in an industry that has been decimated by this crap
I get frustrated too , because this would be OVER if people had done what needed to be done ( I include governments in this)

but of course it is deadly , people die from it.
I honestly have no patience for people who seem to think that the restrictions are somehow a personal affront as opposed to a reasonable measure to limit the spread of DEADLY (yes i'm using that phrase again , but it happens be be true , according to the WHO)

go work in a covid ward without PPE , then tell me how "not deadly" this virus is

i never mentioned 1918 , so don't put words into my mouth.

you do realize that the lack of deaths etc is a direct result of precautions taken , not something that has happened despite them. it has become very clear (just look at the numbers in Ontario), that as people relax their precautions , cases rise
Well that's the thing it wouldn't be over. It won't be over until there is a tested vaccine that at the bare minimum removes the "deadly" symptoms. And if the vaccine doesn't eradicate spread, we will be wearing masks and quarantining for years to come in order to protect the vulnerable, even with most people vaccinated. That is the picture that the Canadian government is painting,and it's a grim one and a far cry from a return to normal. Now i'm sure it will be different some places abroad as their governments are focused on different priorities. Even the vaccine news hardly provides any hope for this to end.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto is on lockdown for a minimum of 28 days, from 12.01 am Monday. Only grocery stores, hardware stores...ie essential services are allowed to be open. No mixing households. Schools will remain open.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...peel-1.5809575
Old Nov 20th 2020, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's the thing it wouldn't be over. It won't be over until there is a tested vaccine that at the bare minimum removes the "deadly" symptoms. And if the vaccine doesn't eradicate spread, we will be wearing masks and quarantining for years to come in order to protect the vulnerable, even with most people vaccinated. That is the picture that the Canadian government is painting,and it's a grim one and a far cry from a return to normal. Now i'm sure it will be different some places abroad as their governments are focused on different priorities. Even the vaccine news hardly provides any hope for this to end.
If most are vaccinated, why would we need to wear masks and quarantine? Those that do not wish to be vaccinated have made their choice and will have to live with the consequences.
Old Nov 20th 2020, 10:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how governments expect to enforce the "no gatherings at your household with people outside your household." There is no capacity to enforce such a rule and it is a gross violation of one's property rights. Obviously it will be easy to enforce things that stand out such as a house with 5+ cars in the drive and loud music, but the quieter gatherings (i.e. people who are careful to not make it obvious they are flouting the rules) will go on undetected.
Neighbors call the police on neighbors, it's happened a few times already with enforcement, a recent one in BC where there was a group playing poker, neighbor reported it, police arrived, verified they did not all reside at that address, and issued a 3,000 something fine to the homeowner.

Really all depends on how nosey your neighbors are.Enforcement is only happening if A) The party is so big and loud is attracts police or B) Your neighbor reports you.

They know a % of people wont listen, hopes are enough will to slow the spread.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 20th 2020 at 10:14 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 6:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday:
Originally Posted by BristolUK
We've been relatively untouched in this part of Canada. In NB it took about 6 months to reach 200 cases and we had 2 or 3 fortnights of no new cases. The next 200 was reached in 2 months. We just had the highest one day total (6 days) in over a month, 2 days later it was beaten and 2 days later beaten again.....
And today they announced 23. The highest one day total of the whole pandemic. 12 was maybe the previous highest.

Old Nov 21st 2020, 10:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Our case count has more than doubled. This puts us back to the old flattening the curve mantra.
https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...93-in-hospital
Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:12 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If most are vaccinated, why would we need to wear masks and quarantine? Those that do not wish to be vaccinated have made their choice and will have to live with the consequences.
And so will the rest of us really. We will have to assume that anyone else is unvaccinated and so a possible carrier. All the masks, distancing, barriers are going to be with us for a long time. Maybe the unvaccinated can carry bells and shout " unclean, unclean". It's been done before.

Meanwhile parts of Toronto have been declared leper colonies and the great unclean are heading out this way again.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by bats
And so will the rest of us really. We will have to assume that anyone else is unvaccinated and so a possible carrier. All the masks, distancing, barriers are going to be with us for a long time. Maybe the unvaccinated can carry bells and shout " unclean, unclean". It's been done before.

Meanwhile parts of Toronto have been declared leper colonies and the great unclean are heading out this way again.
Doesn’t being vaccinated greatly minimize your chance of contracting Covid? If you do...wouldn’t it be a milder form because you have the antibodies in your system? If so then those vaccinated should be able to go about their biz as we do with flu. Perhaps mask wearing and washing/sanitizing hands will stay with some...which may not be a bad thing.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:44 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn’t being vaccinated greatly minimize your chance of contracting Covid? If you do...wouldn’t it be a milder form because you have the antibodies in your system? If so then those vaccinated should be able to go about their biz as we do with flu. Perhaps mask wearing and washing/sanitizing hands will stay with some...which may not be a bad thing.
Yes it should of course. I'm talking mostly bilge tgere! I guess I thinking of those who can't have the vaccine, they shouldn't have to hide at home.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 12:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by bats
Yes it should of course. I'm talking mostly bilge tgere! I guess I thinking of those who can't have the vaccine, they shouldn't have to hide at home.
No they shouldn’t and the more people that are vaccinated....the less chance they have of contracting it.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know if it is a bad thing or not. But I think it’s going to be a hard thing for some (me) to stop doing. Along with disinfecting/quarantining anything that comes into the house.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 12:18 am
limey party pooper

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I don’t know if it is a bad thing or not. But I think it’s going to be a hard thing for some (me) to stop doing. Along with disinfecting/quarantining anything that comes into the house.
me too. It's pretty weird to see old photos or movies without distancing or masks. I don't disinfect stuff that comes in, maybe I should. We're still in a low incidence area so ive never thought it necessary.

Old Nov 22nd 2020, 12:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

All time high today in Ontario for positive cases...1,588...21 deaths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.