Coronavirus

Old Mar 5th 2021, 7:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Pfizer bumps deliveries a bit for Canada.

"Canada will get 1.5 million more doses of Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine delivered this month, and another two million doses that were set to arrive in the summer will now come in April and May."

https://www.cp24.com/news/health-can...ries-1.5335123
Yes!!! That is good news indeed. Hopefully the people here in Ontario will get their act together and get the vaccine in arms ASAP.

Edit: In some areas 80+ yr olds are now being vaccinated. One woman said despite booking an appointment, she was waiting for 3 1/2 hrs yesterday. They had to wait outside, it was bitterly cold, and very windy. The day before people had been waiting outside for approx 2 hrs. What a mess.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 5th 2021 at 7:44 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 7:56 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Peterborough has been moved into the red zone, all thanks to partying students. Someone suggested drowning them in Lysol.
Old Mar 7th 2021, 4:09 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B

Boris haters will have a hard time criticizing those stats.

Meanwhile here in Canada, 1.8m jabs later...
The vax rate is indeed impressive, but it doesn't excuse the Boris and his incompetent crew for allowing a hundred thousand unecessary deaths. Mistake after mistake has lead to rapid, and totally foreseen, spread of a dangerous virus. Lately, the after the fact, concern and caution is being attributed to "rising variants" but if the UK Gov had bothered to put lives in front of nationalism and economic ideology far fewer people would have died.

Deaths per million

UK - 1826
Canada - 585
Australia - 35

Old Mar 8th 2021, 6:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
The vax rate is indeed impressive, but it doesn't excuse the Boris and his incompetent crew for allowing a hundred thousand unecessary deaths. Mistake after mistake has lead to rapid, and totally foreseen, spread of a dangerous virus. Lately, the after the fact, concern and caution is being attributed to "rising variants" but if the UK Gov had bothered to put lives in front of nationalism and economic ideology far fewer people would have died.

Deaths per million

UK - 1826
Canada - 585
Australia - 35

I think people look at the numbers and still do not comprehend them fully.

On worldometers, you can add the cases every x people, deaths every x people.

For the USA, 1 person in every 11 has had COVID (confirmed), and 1 person in every 620 has died.
For the UK - 1 person in every 16 has had COVID and 1 person in 548 has died.
Canada - 1 in 43; 1 in 1711.
Australia - 1 in 885; 1 in 28272.

Now with vaccines, the UK (and NHS) are doing a magnificent job getting the first jab into people. But I do believe that the focus should switch to full immunisation now for the most vulnerable
Old Mar 8th 2021, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Senior phone appointments became available today here in BC, its staggered based on age on when to call.

March 8 born in 1931 or earlier (aged 90 and above) or Indigenous seniors born in 1956 or earlier are eligible to phone.
March 15
seniors born in 1936 or earlier (aged 85 and above).
March 22 seniorsborn in 1941 or earlier (aged 80 and above).

Once someone becomes eligible they are able to book at any time, so they don't have to call on that specific day, they can call anytime once eligible.

First vaccines wont begin until next Monday.

There are some exceptions:

In Vancouver Coastal Health, seniors born in 1941 or earlier (80 years of age and older) who live on the Sunshine Coast, or in Powell River, Whistler, Squamish and Pemberton are invited to call as of March 8.

Island Health region, approximately 30 smaller and remote communities that don't currently have immunization clinics will be vaccinated as a whole — meaning the whole community will receive the vaccine during a single visit by health authorities to the area.

Northern Health, the phone booking system will open to seniors aged 80 and above in certain communities on March 10. (communities listed in article)

Fort Nelson, seniors 60 and above will be able to register by March 10.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...se-2-1.5940396

Old Mar 8th 2021, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

1.7 million calls in under 3 hours.

" there are about 47,000 people in the province who are 90 and up and 35,000 who are Indigenous people over 65"

Clearly there are people who are not eligible yet clogging the phone lines.

Hopefully with time more online booking options will be available.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rush-1.5941230
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:41 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
1.7 million calls in under 3 hours.

" there are about 47,000 people in the province who are 90 and up and 35,000 who are Indigenous people over 65"

Clearly there are people who are not eligible yet clogging the phone lines.

Hopefully with time more online booking options will be available.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rush-1.5941230
Online booking and people born before 1941 do not compute
Old Mar 8th 2021, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Danny B
Online booking and people born before 1941 do not compute
Yes many in the age group may handle phones better.

But I do hope once they get to the under 70 groups online booking becomes the norm, I think Fraser Health offers it already so I imagine the rest of the health authorities will follow at some point.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 1:24 am
Account Closed

144 cases of variants of concern over the weekend in BC, total of 1,462 new cases over the weekend with 11 deaths.

Outbreak at a care home in Kelowna, involving 2 staff members and 10 residents, every resident and staff member was offered vaccines and there was a high uptake, some have received 2 doses, others just 1 dose, illness appears more mild and transmission is lower so probably wont see massive scale outbreaks like previously.

333,327 doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C. so far.

rules around sport and religious ceremonies may loosen in the coming weeks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...home-1.5941508

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 9th 2021 at 2:51 am.
Old Mar 9th 2021, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

I guess we now know why Vancouver Coastal Health had so few appointments booked yesterday, looks like Telus failed in performance but promises to do better.

Online appointments should be available in all health regions by middle of April.

https://www.vicnews.com/news/b-c-min...-appointments/

Final booking numbers from yesterday.

VIHA – 2,395
FHA – 8,722
IHA – 2,456
VCHA – 369
NHA – 1,007

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 9th 2021 at 10:22 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:54 am
Account Closed

People 85 and over can begin making appointments at 12 noon tomorrow, originally due to start Monday. Approx 75,000 people in the 85 to 89 age group eligible.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...s-up-1.5944986

Only 1 death on Wed, seems now that care home residents are vaccinated at least partially deaths have slowed a bit which is good, still 500+ cases announced though for Wed in BC.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...h-10-1.5944696

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Mar 11th 2021 at 4:57 am.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

Outdoor social gatherings of up to 10 people will be permitted in BC.

The new order comes into effect immediately.

Last call for alcohol sales will be at 8 p.m. at restaurants, bars and liquor stores on St. Patrick's Day.

Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think people look at the numbers and still do not comprehend them fully.

On worldometers, you can add the cases every x people, deaths every x people.

For the USA, 1 person in every 11 has had COVID (confirmed), and 1 person in every 620 has died.
For the UK - 1 person in every 16 has had COVID and 1 person in 548 has died.
Canada - 1 in 43; 1 in 1711.
Australia - 1 in 885; 1 in 28272.

Now with vaccines, the UK (and NHS) are doing a magnificent job getting the first jab into people. But I do believe that the focus should switch to full immunisation now for the most vulnerable
I find those figures for the UK incredible. My experience just doesn't corellate to those numbers. Coming from a large family and running a business I have a lot of contacts yet haven't had a single person tell me thier friend/family member died of covid. I know a good few people who have had covid including family members but they were all fine and found it more of an inconvenience than anything else.
Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
I find those figures for the UK incredible. My experience just doesn't corellate to those numbers. Coming from a large family and running a business I have a lot of contacts yet haven't had a single person tell me thier friend/family member died of covid. I know a good few people who have had covid including family members but they were all fine and found it more of an inconvenience than anything else.
Fingers crossed it stays that way
Old Mar 12th 2021, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Lucky you. We have two friends who've died of it, both of them were only middle aged. I hope your friends/family continue to be unaffected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.