Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:42 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long after Medicals Finalised?

I still don't think anyone can help you... there are a hell of a lot of us in the same boat, nobody knows if Immigration has hit their visa cap for the year, or if people are getting visas... timeframes also vary from a couple of days to a good few months.

Trust me, we'd all like to know, but as has been brought up many times, you need a crystal ball.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:00 pm
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of
Default Re: How long after Medicals Finalised? - Share your experience

Originally Posted by eva-usa
I am 175 CSL MODL applicant.

I have following questions.

1. CO asked for medicals & PCC. Does it mean that all other papers attached to the application are all fine? & there is no requirement other then medical & PCC?

All it means is that the CO wants you to submit your medicals & PCC's, no more, no less.

2. How long it will take to grant the visa after medical is finalised?

Your guess is as good as anyone elses so why not have a go at answering this one yourself and see if you are right.

3. What exactly happens after you see your online status "Medical fnalised"?

The CO does their job, and at some point a decision will be made by them if you will be granted a visa or not.

Kindly share your experience ....

Eva.
See answers above, as stated by you only your CO knows the answers sorry if its not what you wanted to hear, but thats the truth
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:41 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Our experience is that all our Meds were finalised & marked on the Immi website as "Met" on 29th March. In fact, everything was "Met" on 29th March. We're 175 CSL too.

Your guess is as good as mine....possibly when they get the new allocation next week? Maybe?

Best of luck & happy languishing
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

whitedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Hi Mates,
All of you are lucky because you could check your application online, I'm not cos mine is paper lodge May 2008 and I'm 176 visa. I'v got a stated sposor as soon as I've lodged my visa application. I'm from HR country, all I have to do now is patience for my CO asking for paying of 2nd instalment!
Good luck to all.

Last edited by whitedog; Jun 23rd 2009 at 1:37 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eva-usa
Hi

I am 175 CSL MODL applicant.

I have following questions.

1. CO asked for medicals & PCC. Does it mean that all other papers attached to the application are all fine? & there is no requirement other then medical & PCC?

2. How long it will take to grant the visa after medical is finalised?

3. What exactly happens after you see your online status "Medical fnalised"?

Kindly reply ..

Eva.
Posting the same query twice isn't going to change the fact that the first question is self evident, the second question is pointless and unanswerable and the third question is the same. Just be patient and wait and get on with real life.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:43 am
mzt
Forum Regular

mzt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Axe
I still don't think anyone can help you... there are a hell of a lot of us in the same boat, nobody knows if Immigration has hit their visa cap for the year, or if people are getting visas... timeframes also vary from a couple of days to a good few months.

Trust me, we'd all like to know, but as has been brought up many times, you need a crystal ball.
I agree, there are many of us in the same boat. Expectations at this point in time is purely a thumbsuck at best. As per the beupdate website visa's are still being granted, with 3 x 175 visa's being granted to people from the UK and India on the 19th Jun whom lodged during Sep 2008.

IMHO take a weeks vacation away from the net, when you come back it will be a new financial year and a whole new ball game. Who knows maybe the CSL will change somewhat again and give you something new to worry about .

Just be thankful that you are on CSL as MODL ONLY applicants won't see the light of day before 2011, my sympathies are with them.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:30 am
mzt
Forum Regular

Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Saw this letter being sent out to some applicants and it may be useful for those other MODL ONLY applicants that have'nt recieved it or potential MODL ONLY applicants.

Maybe someone with clout should make it a sticky if so desired.
Attached Files
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:31 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzt
I agree, there are many of us in the same boat. Expectations at this point in time is purely a thumbsuck at best. As per the beupdate website visa's are still being granted, with 3 x 175 visa's being granted to people from the UK and India on the 19th Jun whom lodged during Sep 2008.

IMHO take a weeks vacation away from the net, when you come back it will be a new financial year and a whole new ball game. Who knows maybe the CSL will change somewhat again and give you something new to worry about .

Just be thankful that you are on CSL as MODL ONLY applicants won't see the light of day before 2011, my sympathies are with them.
Is that a fact now? I've not read that myself but if you have a link that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cooler
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:34 am
Just Joined

Ausdrmz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

"MODL ONLY applicants won't see the light of day before 2011"

Can you please post the exact link for the above info here?

There might be a delay till they complete CSL applications...

Ausdrmz
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:36 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzt
Saw this letter being sent out to some applicants and it may be useful for those other MODL ONLY applicants that have'nt recieved it or potential MODL ONLY applicants.

Maybe someone with clout should make it a sticky if so desired.
Thanks for that (I posted whilst you were).

Cooler
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ausdrmz
"MODL ONLY applicants won't see the light of day before 2011"

Can you please post the exact link for the above info here?

There might be a delay till they complete CSL applications...

Ausdrmz
The letter is posted above. The only proof we have of this so far is a letter that has been recieved by a poster, and a post by George Lombard further back in this thread to say that it seems to be be the way DIAC is going.
It will NOT be made into a sticky thread until there is an official announcement from DIAC.
If an official announcment is made confirming the info in that personal letter then I will make a sticky thread.Until then I suggest you all calm down and stop speculating, I wouldn't expect an announcment until the new processing year starts.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:49 am
mzt
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Is that a fact now? I've not read that myself but if you have a link that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cooler
See pdf above. Note that this pdf was'nt digitally signed by the author or immi so it may be a hoax. Maybe someone that is more in touch can confirm or deny it's authenticity.

If it is legit and based on my calculations that MODL ONLY processing stopped sometime in the first quarter of 2008 and even if MODL ONLY processing starts on 1 July 2010 there will be more than a two year backlog.

So anyone that is still going to apply for a 175 visa as a MODL ONLY applicant should really reassess there options. Unless offcourse they have the patience to wait for an extended period of time.

Last edited by mzt; Jun 23rd 2009 at 7:04 am. Reason: My spelling sucks...
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:53 am
mzt
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The letter is posted above. The only proof we have of this so far is a letter that has been recieved by a poster, and a post by George Lombard further back in this thread to say that it seems to be be the way DIAC is going.
It will NOT be made into a sticky thread until there is an official announcement from DIAC.
If an official announcment is made confirming the info in that personal letter then I will make a sticky thread.Until then I suggest you all calm down and stop speculating, I wouldn't expect an announcment until the new processing year starts.
Like I said it may be a hoax or not, but I put the information out there for everyone to read. What they do with it is up to them

I have also searched the www.immi.gov.au website high and low and I have'nt found any info quoting anything similar.

Last edited by mzt; Jun 23rd 2009 at 7:01 am. Reason: Amendment
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice
Default COs being allocated, Visas being issued!

Hi guys,

I understand that June is the last month of the Australian fiscal year and I was
under the impression that DIAC will start issuing visa soon by July which is be first month of the new fiscal year.

But, nope, as I checked in beupdate, visas are still being issued on regular intervals.

So are these few applicants some selected people whose visas are issued and other applicants are held back and their visas delayed.

I'm holding on to my patience as we are just a week away from the start new fiscal year where we can expect to see lots and visas and the good news.

Your comments are welcome
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

the difference between June and July is simply a couple of letters, nothing more, nothing less. Any visas not completed on the 3oth June will simply roll over to the 1st July and beyond. This constant whittering about quotas is pointless. Don't expect there to be suddenly hundreds of visas issued in the first month, DIAC continue working, issuing visas regardless of the date. They are quite probably slower at the moment because of the ridiculous amount of PLEs and phonecalls from applicants who don't appear to understand that they are in a long long line of applicants and have no more right to a visa than any other applicant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.