Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all
Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Hmm..don't they have an assigned department to take Applicant calls and answer PLE's?? I guess they would...

Just a thot..anyhow doesnt justify general PLE's like-"When will my App be processed?"

-scaria197
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Originally Posted by scaria197
Hmm..don't they have an assigned department to take Applicant calls and answer PLE's?? I guess they would...

Just a thot..anyhow doesnt justify general PLE's like-"When will my App be processed?"

-scaria197
In which case it would be even more pointless to send one as they will just get a generic reply (which they do anyway).
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Janaka is on a distinguished road

HI all

Good to see this too

Regards
Janaka

Last edited by Dorothy; Jun 23rd 2009 at 1:21 pm. Reason: Outdated information removed
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janaka
HI all

Good to see this too

Regards
Janaka
The link is to information from 4 months ago.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:01 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mzt
Saw this letter being sent out to some applicants...
Since there is no mention of anything of the sort on the DIAC website or in the weekly aspc.processing update email, this letter will be classified as a hoax until proven otherwise.
[I sound like I'm flexing Moderator muscles I don't have ]

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They are quite probably slower at the moment because of the ridiculous amount of PLEs and phonecalls from applicants who don't appear to understand that they are in a long long line of applicants and have no more right to a visa than any other applicant.
Let me send a PLE and ask if this is true.

I doubt that they do, this is a rumour started on these forums by idiots who think they are allowed to bug DIAC as much as they want.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:13 pm
mzt
Forum Regular

mzt is on a distinguished road

-scaria197
Well maybe if everyone stopped asking silly questions and spamming them with PLE's then things would be much faster and maybe even cheaper

Besides I once sent them an PLE since I could'nt download one of there pre-generated 160H forms. I got a stock standard pre-formatted reply, so really what's the point anyway.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gtrotter will become famous soon enough

I love the speculation in this thread very entertaining !!! But seriously why worry about something which you don't have any control over? If MODL applications will only be looked at in 2011 so be it. Sit back and relax or look at other options/countries when there is suficient info ie. and official announcement from the DIAC.

BTW: Doubt PLE's have any impact on the speed they process applications. There is an allocation of visas which they fill each and every year. This would indicate that they grant as many visas as possibly can every year and there is no backlog due to answering PLE's

Last edited by Gtrotter; Jun 23rd 2009 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

iamkamatcho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone with all documents are "Met" and still waiting for grant

Hi All,
As waiting is one of the most bad things on this planet
and if u have all documents as "Met" status and u still waiting for grant, this might be the worst waiting period
and as nothing really can tell us what exactly the time we still have to wait.
sharing our timlines with each other can be the only way to put some light on the whole issue.
i will start with my details:
HR (Egypt), 176 (Victoria sponsor), online,
23/5/09 all documents are met including PCC and Medicals

If you have all documents including medicals and PCC and still waiting for grant, plz share ur details

Cheers
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:34 pm
mzt
Forum Regular

mzt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone with all documents are "Met" and still waiting for grant

Originally Posted by iamkamatcho
Hi All,
and if u have all documents as "Met" status and u still waiting for grant, this might be the worst waiting period
sharing our timlines with each other can be the only way to put some light on the whole issue.

If you have all documents including medicals and PCC and still waiting for grant, plz share ur details

Cheers
Why not add your entry to www.beupdate.co.uk, then everyone else can follow your progress as well. It's the best place to add your info to and also allows you some degree of insight into when your application may be looked at as others update there progress.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:22 pm
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone with all documents are "Met" and still waiting for grant

Originally Posted by iamkamatcho
Hi All,

Cheers
http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk...view/1052/392/
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

andres96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sit back and relax ??? for another year ?? what about all the time and money spent in this cr*....

Originally Posted by Gtrotter
I love the speculation in this thread very entertaining !!! But seriously why worry about something which you don't have any control over? If MODL applications will only be looked at in 2011 so be it. Sit back and relax or look at other options/countries when there is suficient info ie. and official announcement from the DIAC.

BTW: Doubt PLE's have any impact on the speed they process applications. There is an allocation of visas which they fill each and every year. This would indicate that they grant as many visas as possibly can every year and there is no backlog due to answering PLE's
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

andres96 is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent sent me the very same letter, but it was dated june 23. I don't think DIAC send hoaxes to agents.

All I know is I want my fc** time and money back, I've been waiting for 2 years now they tell me to wait another year or more. Why they don't just stop receiving applications???. I could be CSL now but I had to lodge a new application and pay again their fee .... that's how they respond to all the people trying to plan the next years of their life.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The letter is posted above. The only proof we have of this so far is a letter that has been recieved by a poster, and a post by George Lombard further back in this thread to say that it seems to be be the way DIAC is going.
It will NOT be made into a sticky thread until there is an official announcement from DIAC.
If an official announcment is made confirming the info in that personal letter then I will make a sticky thread.Until then I suggest you all calm down and stop speculating, I wouldn't expect an announcment until the new processing year starts.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

arif868 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone help me....how can I contact HOC to know my medical status??

I want to know whether HOC finalyze my medical results or not...

How can I know and communicate with them??
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

akat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone help me....how can I contact HOC to know my medical status??

Originally Posted by arif868
I want to know whether HOC finalyze my medical results or not...

How can I know and communicate with them??
HOC Query form

Follow this thread for general guideline on what's going on at HOC
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:18 am
-i-
Just Joined

-i- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non-CSL occupations - on hold? since when? and how much longer do you expect

I'm curious as to
  • since when have the non-CSL occupations been on hold? pls share your experiences
  • how much longer do you expect this delay to last? or do you know any latest from DIAC in this regard? pls share

Thanks for your attention(s)

For those who didn't know (just in case)
(CSL = Critical Skills List)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.