Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Old Jun 20th 2009, 6:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slow visa approval rate

Originally Posted by Ali-Syed
For the past many days I am observing that the visa approval rates have gone down dramatically. I saw another thread in which one application got a response that everything in his application was complete but he needed to wait till August for visa approval. Here is the response to my PLE:

Dear ABC,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s
General Skilled Migration program.

It appears that you have provided the documents requested at this stage.

There may be some delay before a case officer contacts you regarding this
application however no further documents are required at this time.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Is my observation correct that the visa progression has currently slowed down?
No, you are not correct. Just because you personally don't know anyone who has been granted a visa in the past few days doesn't mean that any of the hundreds of thousands of visa applications have not been approved.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

yasmin_s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

Thanks Axe for your reply
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thread for timeline/processing/how long is a piece of string questions

It looks like no processing of MODL and Other in 2009/2010
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GSM Processing Arrangements.pdf (47.1 KB, 680 views)
Old Jun 20th 2009, 3:15 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
Please tell me this is supposed to read 2008/2009???

Surely it can't take another year to get though all the SS & CSL????
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Axe
Please tell me this is supposed to read 2008/2009???

Surely it can't take another year to get though all the SS & CSL????
The thing to remember I guess is that DIAC can change the rules at any time - as they did this year - so even if they say they are "Unlikely " to process X or Y that doesn't mean they won't.....
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:07 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

I hear you Pollyana, I just find it hard to believe that DIAC initially thought that they'd be finished CSL in May, and now they're taking 13 months from then?

I have family on the MODL, it's been 18 months already, another year is a pretty long time!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:14 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Axe
I hear you Pollyana, I just find it hard to believe that DIAC initially thought that they'd be finished CSL in May, and now they're taking 13 months from then?

I have family on the MODL, it's been 18 months already, another year is a pretty long time!
It is a pretty drastic concept to come to terms with. I'd like to hear the views of a reputable agent, as presumably this letter is going to a lot of applicants. Would also be interesting to hear whether the poster concerned is going through an agent, and if so, what their views are.

I'm hoping its one of those worst case scenario letters that will be rendered useless by the next round of DIAC changes, but thats just a personal hope.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:16 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
Hi Duncan,

This is pretty much what we've been telling people. Most low priority applicants are going to have to get themselves state sponsored with current occupations or seek new skills assessments, or hope that the global financial crisis recedes. One DIAC official is mentioning that those who are family sponsored at the moment may be the first to benefit if there is any relaxation, and there is an election next year, but otherwise very good that DIAC is finally coming clean about the delays.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

reehan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear George,

You said low priority applicants can seek new assessment. This means if an IT professional gets new suitable assessment that is on CSL, he/she will be priority processed under same application?
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:14 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

It will be interesting to see if Tuesday's ASPC and BSPC updates reflect any of this information.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:21 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Axe
It will be interesting to see if Tuesday's ASPC and BSPC updates reflect any of this information.
It will be interesting, you're right.

Thanks to George for a quick response there
Old Jun 20th 2009, 6:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reehan
Dear George,

You said low priority applicants can seek new assessment. This means if an IT professional gets new suitable assessment that is on CSL, he/she will be priority processed under same application?
No, a new fee will be incurred:

Can I provide a new skills assessment?
If you obtain a new skills assessment for an occupation listed on the CSL, this can generally only be considered with a new application. You must ensure you meet the legislative criteria in place at the time of lodgement. Any new application will require a new visa application charge.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The thing to remember I guess is that DIAC can change the rules at any time - as they did this year - so even if they say they are "Unlikely " to process X or Y that doesn't mean they won't.....
It is true DIAC can change the rules, but they also should remember that they have taken a large sum of money up front from many people, and we have played by the rules that existed prior to the change and we should be
treated by the same rules irrespective of the subsequent changes as they have accepted the fees, and our submission of application and DIAC acceptance, confirm that now DIAC is violating the terms of agreement, I am sure those with legal background would agree with me, if I am wrong please correct me.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:16 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
, if I am wrong please correct me.
You are incorrect. There is no agreement that you will be issued a visa within x number of days/weeks/months. Only that for a fee your suitability for a visa will be assessed and if DIAC feels you meet the criteria they will issue a visa. They haven't changed anything with the possible exception of processing times. If you're still meet the criteria you will still be eligible, it will simply take longer.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:15 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reehan
Dear George,

Dear Reehan,

Only under very limited circumstances.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.