Student Visa - Medicals

Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

loubieloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Oh forgot to add ( after reading previous post ) we are going to aus on sept 18 th mainly to see my parents who live in melbourne, but will be taking time out to go to brisbane to check a few places out, any tips on what areas and schools would be great, looks like the course will be in Caboolture if I decide on welfare !

thanks again
Louise
Old Jan 26th 2008, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davey n Di
Nope...didn't seem to attach the link very sucessfully
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498189

Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi Everyone.

Well my husband starts his hortisculture course next week, and he is meeting a gardener on saturday about a job for his 20hrs. I have an interview today for waitressing work and also antoher hotel have rang me about possible work and they pay $19.20 an hour so thats quite good. We are still living with family so that is great there is plenty of room for us all and I enrolled my son in school today he will be in pre primary and I just found out they dont charge international school fees in wa so that is a great bonus! just about $100 contribution a year!
We have been out here since early December now and still loving it as much as the day we arrived, we are headed down the beach this afternoon.

How is everyone else getting on?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi Everyone.

Well my husband starts his hortisculture course next week, and he is meeting a gardener on saturday about a job for his 20hrs. I have an interview today for waitressing work and also antoher hotel have rang me about possible work and they pay $19.20 an hour so thats quite good. We are still living with family so that is great there is plenty of room for us all and I enrolled my son in school today he will be in pre primary and I just found out they dont charge international school fees in wa so that is a great bonus! just about $100 contribution a year!
We have been out here since early December now and still loving it as much as the day we arrived, we are headed down the beach this afternoon.

Hello Werty,
Sounds like its going well for you out there, the work news is great!
Wish your husband well on the course. We are counting down the days, (minutes and seconds) till we leave for tassie next week. This week is so full of ups and downs, I'm excited but one of my children is crying on and off cos he is going to miss his friends makes me feel really mean!
So glad you are enjoying yourselves! Keep in touch.

Are you sure about the no school fees thing as I believed it was a condition of the visa that you must pay for your kids school fees didn't want it to come back on you later.

julie and lee
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by southern-stars
Hello Werty,
Sounds like its going well for you out there, the work news is great!
Wish your husband well on the course. We are counting down the days, (minutes and seconds) till we leave for tassie next week. This week is so full of ups and downs, I'm excited but one of my children is crying on and off cos he is going to miss his friends makes me feel really mean!
So glad you are enjoying yourselves! Keep in touch.

Are you sure about the no school fees thing as I believed it was a condition of the visa that you must pay for your kids school fees didn't want it to come back on you later.

julie and lee
Hi ya,

I wasnt sure about the schools fees either but thats what they told me and I did a quick search on here and the internet and they all say they dont charge in wa. As my son was only 4 when we got our visa we didnt need to have him enrolled before we arrived in Oz and kindy and pre primary are not compulsory.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:01 am
Account Closed

julie and lee
I think SA don't charge too!

I know QLD does as we've given them £32k already and am sitting on a bill for another $2k ...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I think SA don't charge too!

I know QLD does as we've given them £32k already and am sitting on a bill for another $2k ...
so do you think it is right? we wont get charged?

I just got phone call and I got the job I went for today!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:12 am
Account Closed

so do you think it is right? we wont get charged?

I just got phone call and I got the job I went for today!!!
Check with the local schooling authority, but I HAVE heard WA and SA don't charge for temp visa dependants. Can't say if it's 100% as it was obv not relevant to me.

Well done on the job! ...
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi ya,

I wasnt sure about the schools fees either but thats what they told me and I did a quick search on here and the internet and they all say they dont charge in wa. As my son was only 4 when we got our visa we didnt need to have him enrolled before we arrived in Oz and kindy and pre primary are not compulsory.
Slightly gutted then as during my 3 year visa we will have to pay, approx $50000 for our four childrens education. :curse:
Still we love tasmania
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Slightly gutted then as during my 3 year visa we will have to pay, approx $50000 for our four childrens education. :curse:
Still we love tasmania

Well they do say you cant put a price on your childs education!

I was fully expecting to have to pay too but I honestly have no idea if I will or not! Hopefully not
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

I was fully expecting to have to pay too but I honestly have no idea if I will or not! Hopefully not
hiya werty, i'm fairly sure from what i have looked at that this is if you are on other kinds of temp visa , if you find out either way would you mind posting on here so we know the situation. thanks julie x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Well done landing a job so quickly!!

I'm trying to get into my line of work n do nights, cause it's gonna be impossible trying to fit in day work for me cause of the kids Would get a day job in a minute cause they're desp for Nursery Nurse's over here!!

Got an e-mail back today bout a job I was looking at, but thought it was more out of hours than it is!! They're pretty keen as well cause she said she could give me the 20 hours!! V frustrating!!

Hubbie doin a freebie day today for a cabinet making comp, so hopefully he comes back with the job!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

hiya werty, i'm fairly sure from what i have looked at that this is if you are on other kinds of temp visa , if you find out either way would you mind posting on here so we know the situation. thanks julie x
yes I will let you all know as soon as I find out for definate. I enrolled my son in the local pre primary today but they might be full already so might have to find another school but if they have a place for him I will find out soon i guess!

I got a job today too and start next week as soon as i get my work permit!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

yes I will let you all know as soon as I find out for definate. I enrolled my son in the local pre primary today but they might be full already so might have to find another school but if they have a place for him I will find out soon i guess!

I got a job today too and start next week as soon as i get my work permit!
The work permit is v quick,

Done it online n hubbie collected it from immigration office within the week!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Hi Everyone.

Hi Werty,

well done on settling in so quickly, your story is one that many wish was theres, everything sounds like it's going great, congratulations, i'm so happy for you, i hope we get on as well when we finally move.

I wanted to ask you, where abouts in WA are you, is it anywhere near Cannington (near to Perth CBD)?

The reason i ask is because there is now a Bricklaying course in Perth, which didn't exist when we got the ball rolling with our student visa. This is where we would of preffered to go, now there's a course there and the school fees are nil, i think we might reconsider going to Perth now.

Also werty who exactly told you that there were no fees to pay in wa?

Sorry for all the questions, but if this is correct then this would leave us alot better off if we went to Perth.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.