Student Visa - Medicals

Old Dec 15th 2007, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

congratulations pumpkin
you must be relieved that was so quick in the end. Good luck on your big adventure!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, yes was very relieved. One thing though..... I had two e-mails, both with my name in the subject box, one addressed to me, one to hubbie both saying you and 'hubbies name' have successfully been assessed against OFFSHORE Voc Ed Sctr (Web) (TU 572), but they both have different visa numbers on them.
I have e-mailed to ask why this is, it isn't clear if we have one each or if they have sent an extra e-mail by mistake, and the one addressed to him says he and himself????

We also were supposed to exchange on our house on Friday. It didn't happen, but out pants buyer now has the form he has been waiting for so next week fingers crossed it should all go through. Nothing is ever simple is it. And there is still time for the dogs blood tests to come back with problems yet.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Thanks, yes was very relieved. One thing though..... I had two e-mails, both with my name in the subject box, one addressed to me, one to hubbie both saying you and 'hubbies name' have successfully been assessed against OFFSHORE Voc Ed Sctr (Web) (TU 572), but they both have different visa numbers on them.
I have e-mailed to ask why this is, it isn't clear if we have one each or if they have sent an extra e-mail by mistake, and the one addressed to him says he and himself????

We also were supposed to exchange on our house on Friday. It didn't happen, but out pants buyer now has the form he has been waiting for so next week fingers crossed it should all go through. Nothing is ever simple is it. And there is still time for the dogs blood tests to come back with problems yet.

We have a different visa for each of us, although all 6 are consecutive numbers, even my 20 month old had her own email confirming her visa number!

When are you flying out? We are booked to fly on the 6th feb with qantas only gives us 10 days after we arrive before my course starts so will be fun!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't booked our flights yet. It is looking like we will be exchanging on our house Thursday or Friday so we will book flights for about one month from then. I think I may have 3 days holiday I could use to get us there a little soon, but having to give a months notice is a pain.
I can't wait.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi everyone,

I havent posted for a while, but I thought id let you all know that we have been in Oz a week now and it is awesome!!
The flight was a breeze even with 2 little ones, there was so much to do and watch, we flew with singapore.
We have got our selves a car so we can get about now witout relying on lifts, and we are living with family so we a fortunate to save on money that way and the hassle of finding a rental.
We wake up eveymorning and the sun is blazing (except for one day when it poured down all day!) but so far so good and we are so glad we did it.
At the airport in Oz, we just handed in our passports and some little forms you are given at singapore to fill in about if you have been on a farm etc and they type in your passport number and thats it! very easy, I had printed out every bodys visa approvals but didnt need them.

Now just looking forward to Christmas in the sun, although it doesnt feel like Christmas here, but to be honest we dont even care about Christmas now we are here, to see my son running up and down on the beach our first day here was enough to realise we've made the right descision.

Good Luck everyone!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

That is great to hear werty1. You will be glad to know it is COLD here.

We have been told today we MIGHT exchange by Friday. If not it is after Xmas, but we will only have two days to do it in before the dog goes to the shippers. Ahhhhh
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi everyone,

I havent posted for a while, but I thought id let you all know that we have been in Oz a week now and it is awesome!!
The flight was a breeze even with 2 little ones, there was so much to do and watch, we flew with singapore.
We have got our selves a car so we can get about now witout relying on lifts, and we are living with family so we a fortunate to save on money that way and the hassle of finding a rental.
We wake up eveymorning and the sun is blazing (except for one day when it poured down all day!) but so far so good and we are so glad we did it.
At the airport in Oz, we just handed in our passports and some little forms you are given at singapore to fill in about if you have been on a farm etc and they type in your passport number and thats it! very easy, I had printed out every bodys visa approvals but didnt need them.

Now just looking forward to Christmas in the sun, although it doesnt feel like Christmas here, but to be honest we dont even care about Christmas now we are here, to see my son running up and down on the beach our first day here was enough to realise we've made the right descision.

Good Luck everyone!
Hi werty1, it's lovely to hear that you're having a good time. Where abouts have you gone?
Old Dec 20th 2007, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

great news werty glad its going well, we can't wait till its our turn!
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi guys, Happy Xmas to fellow students 2B.....

WE've only got a-week until we fly to Melbourne and just remembered we haven't sorted any temporary insurance yet, i.e. travel insurance etc until the OSHC kicks in when the college course starts beginning of Jan. I guess its a good idea to get family cover, any ideas really welcomed of who to use for this purpose..

Thanks

Sarah & Russell
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi guys, Happy Xmas to fellow students 2B.....

WE've only got a-week until we fly to Melbourne and just remembered we haven't sorted any temporary insurance yet, i.e. travel insurance etc until the OSHC kicks in when the college course starts beginning of Jan. I guess its a good idea to get family cover, any ideas really welcomed of who to use for this purpose..

Thanks

Sarah & Russell
happy xmas to all on this thread.

We don't have temporary insurance sorted out, hadn't even thought of it, I just assumed the oshc covered us all the way is that not the case?

Have a good flight and good luck.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

We have annual holiday insurance and if anything happened before the course start we were just going to tell them we were on holiday and claim. I might actually see if we can change it to 'backpacker' insurance thinking about it.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone how you all doin? A very happy and lucky new year to everyone!!

Haven't been on for ages, have waited sooo long for big pond to get us online (think it's a fairly common complaint!!) and I totally hate usin the internet cafe!!

Anyways, havn't had a chance to read much and update maself with everythin as yeat, but just wanted to say that we'r into our fifth week and have loved every min we've been here!!

Everythin still fallin into place for us n apart from the college course date changin backward n forward ( another common occurence apparently!!) it's all good!!

Take care all n all catch up with the readin!!

Cheers
Mandy.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi everyone how you all doin? A very happy and lucky new year to everyone!!

Haven't been on for ages, have waited sooo long for big pond to get us online (think it's a fairly common complaint!!) and I totally hate usin the internet cafe!!

Anyways, havn't had a chance to read much and update maself with everythin as yeat, but just wanted to say that we'r into our fifth week and have loved every min we've been here!!

Everythin still fallin into place for us n apart from the college course date changin backward n forward ( another common occurence apparently!!) it's all good!!

Take care all n all catch up with the readin!!

Cheers
Mandy.
Hi to all fellow students.

Happy new year to all.
Have'nt been on here for a while also so congrats to any who have recently received there visa's.
Things are good in qld, just waiting for the bloody rain to stop so i can try out my new body board.
Sean.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sean
Hi to all fellow students.

Happy new year to all.
Have'nt been on here for a while also so congrats to any who have recently received there visa's.
Things are good in qld, just waiting for the bloody rain to stop so i can try out my new body board.
Sean.
Yeah Sean,

Total washout, not quite what we expected!!! Not puttin a dampner on us tho, just wish we could be down spendin time on the beach before college n work starts!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Well we still haven't exchanged on our house. We have been promiced so many times it will happen on xx date. Yesturday they told us it would be today, now they are saying Monday.
Our dog was supposed to be going to the shippers tomorrow, they have said if it goes through tomorrow we can take her Monday morning, otherwise we will have to pull her off the flight. I can't believe they have let it take so long, they have known the dog was due to go this weekend.
I really could kill someone. :curse:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.