Wikiposts

Student Visa - Medicals

Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Traykolaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah 'onshore' ARE sposed to be processed in 6 months but there you go!

Oh and back to your original question, a UK police check for all members over 18 is all you'll need from that side of the pond ...
Hi!!

Im coming to oz in June on a student visa with hope of PR after, how do you go about police checks can i sort it from oz? how did you do it?
Good luck with ya visa hope you get it soon.
Tracey
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Traykolaj
Hi!!

Im coming to oz in June on a student visa with hope of PR after, how do you go about police checks can i sort it from oz? how did you do it?
Good luck with ya visa hope you get it soon.
Tracey
Yeah you apply from Oz no problem.

The UK ones came back quicker than the Oz one's did! ...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone

Just back from a few days up in Dunnet Head, North Scotland the most Northerly point in the UK... so beautiful, but bloody cold!! We had all the snow gear though and our little cottage was so cosy...needed a break from all the stress...... but

Back to reality - got visa filled in and ready to apply but for ONE thing! We had working holiday visas about 12 years ago and they need to know the blasted date they were granted and my hubby cant find his old passport... Im thinking I will just guess the date.. whaduthink? or will it muck up the application

Also we have gone from taking everything to now taking nothing with us - so need to get rid of it all - are TVs and electrical stuff cheap in Oz?

Cheers
Yvonne x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Well done Mandy!!

Come on house please sell :curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

justgoogleit is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day all.

How is one typically able to afford going on a student visa? I gather that most people raise the money from the proceeds of selling their home (good luck if your trying that at the moment here in the UK!)

I rent, I am 22 and dont have the most amazing savings to hand. So is there any financial institutions here in the UK that offer the chance of granting me loan, in the region of say 15-20k, to pay for my studies? With an option of deferring payments during the course of study, or even just paying interest back, until i finish?

It would simply take years and years for me to save, buy a house, let it grow in equity and then sell it off again!

Hmmm.... what are my options in this world of ours?

Thanks for reading.

Nicko
Old Apr 14th 2008, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brockies
Well done Mandy!!

Come on house please sell :curse::curse::curse::curse:
Hi Brockies

I know - we sold our house ages ago but the people buying it are having major probs selling theres which puts our sale on a shaky peg since its really hard to get bridging loans etc... Its so stressful trying to second guess whats going to happen.. I hope yours sells soon....when are you leaving for Oz?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Positive vibes to everyone!!

Cheers Lyndsay, have done a few shifts now and have applied for another couple of jobs, one is offering sponsorship!! Fingers crossed for the house sale and nice to see you had a great holiday chick!!

The student route is a last resort Nicko and I'm sure for the majority it is only just affordable if there is equity in property. Your best bet would to be either retrain over in the uk then come out, or come over on a working holiday visa n try get sponsored whilst over?!!

Nice to hear you had a good wee break away too yvonne, enjoying some of that cold weather before you come over to the tropical climate!!LOL
Not sure what you should do bout the dates for your visa!! Yeah your GBP go really far when you first come over. You can get everything well cheap at garage sales n stuff or if your buying brand new, you just shop around n haggle the price down. Hubby is alwyas going on bout how cheap the plasma's are over here!! We got everything we needed (including a a second hand car) for around $10-$12k suppose it just depends on your budget, you'll spend towards that.

Cheers, n good luck all!!
Mandy
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

We found everything to be more expensive over here than in the UK (apart from plasmas and food). Especially second hand cars. We saw the same model car, same year as our one in the UK and it is 4x the book price here!!! But then I think Adelaide is supposed to be more expensive for cars than other states.

I guessed the date for my working holiday visa. I think I may have only put the month in, not totally sure.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandyp
Positive vibes to everyone!!

Cheers Lyndsay, have done a few shifts now and have applied for another couple of jobs, one is offering sponsorship!! Fingers crossed for the house sale and nice to see you had a great holiday chick!!

The student route is a last resort Nicko and I'm sure for the majority it is only just affordable if there is equity in property. Your best bet would to be either retrain over in the uk then come out, or come over on a working holiday visa n try get sponsored whilst over?!!

Nice to hear you had a good wee break away too yvonne, enjoying some of that cold weather before you come over to the tropical climate!!LOL
Not sure what you should do bout the dates for your visa!! Yeah your GBP go really far when you first come over. You can get everything well cheap at garage sales n stuff or if your buying brand new, you just shop around n haggle the price down. Hubby is alwyas going on bout how cheap the plasma's are over here!! We got everything we needed (including a a second hand car) for around $10-$12k suppose it just depends on your budget, you'll spend towards that.

Cheers, n good luck all!!
Mandy
Hi Mandy.

So say I go for the sponsership idea... what is required? In terms of exp;erience and skill? Does the same criteria apply to this type of visa as the single skilled visa option? Would I need to be in an occupation that is on the SOL list?

Thanks

Nicko
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justgoogleit
Hi Mandy.

So say I go for the sponsership idea... what is required? In terms of exp;erience and skill? Does the same criteria apply to this type of visa as the single skilled visa option? Would I need to be in an occupation that is on the SOL list?

Thanks

Nicko
Hey why not Google it! ...

I'd use the search facility and see what it comes up with.

Personally I haven't a clue about sponsorship, but surely worthy of a shot.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bound4brissy
Hi Brockies

I know - we sold our house ages ago but the people buying it are having major probs selling theres which puts our sale on a shaky peg since its really hard to get bridging loans etc... Its so stressful trying to second guess whats going to happen.. I hope yours sells soon....when are you leaving for Oz?

Hey bound4brissy we are hoping to be out of here for OH to start October course but that might have to be deferred to next year if the blasting house doesnt sell in time...... I thought it would have been long enough but somehow it looking really dim!!!

Although you never know whats round the corner but with us its always bad luck :curse:

Cheers Mand yeah had a great holiday really needed the break.... glad to see you have done a few shifts.. How you finding it from the UK??

Lyndsay x
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Hey why not Google it! ...

I'd use the search facility and see what it comes up with.

Personally I haven't a clue about sponsorship, but surely worthy of a shot.
brialliant idea.... it works every time! :P
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bound4brissy
Hi Paul and Nic - well it wont be long now Im sure although I imagine it must be torture - it should take about 6 months it says on the website...can you check your progress?

I've received my invoice for $8400 for school fees today so Im getting that sorted and then I can apply for student visa - hooray!!
Hi bound4brissy,

Is it education Queensland that is sending you your invoice for the school fees or have you applied to a school?

Did you have to get a certificate of enrolment for your dependant children?

I ask this because, i haven't heard anyone else mention that they've had to do this, and i was under the impression that i didn't need to either, until i was told when i spoke to Education Queensland this morning.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mandyp
I am proudly in possession of a blue card from the childrens commission!! Woohoo, I can now start working!!

Cheers
Mandy
Well done Mandy, glad everything is going well for you.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bradburns2
Well done Mandy, glad everything is going well for you.
Cheers, tho the 20 hour thing v frustrating as they are so short of workers, i could be working loads!! Howz things going with u?

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.