Student Visa - Medicals

Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hay guys, howz everyone doin?

Just wanted to share, I've got an interview on Fri with a company offering sponsorship, so quite excited!!

Positive vibes would be much appreciated!!

cheers
Mandy
Good luck Mand, keeping fingers crossed for you.
Old May 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hay guys, howz everyone doin?

Just wanted to share, I've got an interview on Fri with a company offering sponsorship, so quite excited!!

Positive vibes would be much appreciated!!

cheers
Mandy
Hey Mand

How did the interview go???

Lynz xxxxxxx
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys, thanx v much for your good wishes!!

It was a sorry excuse for an interview, the guy was an arrogant twat, who really had absolutely no idea!! he was the 'business development manager', whats that all about?!! Anything I asked him about he didn't have a clue.

It's supposed to be a not-for-profit organisation n OMG, the finishings in this place were top quality.

He said 'tell me about yourself' then didn't even listen, threw in 'what would you do if a kid slapped you?', 'what would you do if a kid shouted in your face?'

'have you got a blue card, a drivers licence, a car n insurance?'

'then come along to the induction on Wed n then you can start the next shift available after that'

When I asked about the sponsorship he was like 'whats that?, well if thats what the add said, you'll get one n if your good at your job you'll get your residency.'

I felt so uncomfortable, it woulda been like selling ma soul!! When a spoke to a girl in work about it, she made such a face of disgust when a told her the name of the organisation.

Am gonna wait n see what the organisation am workin with the now say, n if things get REALLY DESPERATE, a may consider sellin ma soul!!

Hopefully the end of a fairly negative week!! The car n washing machine both broke, fixed them but lost 3 days work between us due to no transport!! Ma brothers been in contact via e-mail first sice we came over, the negativity around that situation is imense!! Some quality family time today is in order, shake off all the negative energy!!

Thanx for reading!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry it sounds like it was a waste of time ...

As you say, grab this long weekend for some 'quality family time' and forget the rest! ... it'll come good! ...
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That is a shame. Good news ish on my job front, one of the contract people handed in their notice yesturday, yay. There should now be two contracts up on offer (but I think 3-4 casuals who would want them, all of who I am far more qualified than). And another 1-2 in 6 months. So fingers crossed I will eventually get sponsored.
Old May 6th 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

Just catching up on all your news but also to let you know that we got our visa this morning!! I just happened to check the status via the online system and we are approved YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will now have a proper read over and apologies if anyone has asked me anything over the past 2 weeks - I've not had much chance to check up on the threads. Been caught up with our gum tree ad to sell all our furniture.

Next step is to book flights - think we will head out on the 23rd!!

Mandy - shame about your interview but sure it will all come good - where theres a will etc etc.!!! xx

Yvonne xx
Old May 6th 2008, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WelshDebzs
Thxs Yvonne

We have decided Brisbane

Looking at Springfield to live or there abouts

Now to sell the house

Really nervous but excited 13 yrs old very nervous specially not knowing anyone

Debzsx
I know Debz - we are same - my son is going to be 12 and daughter is 8 - its hard age to take them...especially if they are already not wanting to go!! we are moving out next week and shipping company coming next Wednesday ..yikes its happeningn so quickly. Will check out Springfield - are houses reasonable price there for rental??

Yvonne
Old May 6th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bound4brissy
Hi everyone,

Just catching up on all your news but also to let you know that we got our visa this morning!! I just happened to check the status via the online system and we are approved YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will now have a proper read over and apologies if anyone has asked me anything over the past 2 weeks - I've not had much chance to check up on the threads. Been caught up with our gum tree ad to sell all our furniture.

Next step is to book flights - think we will head out on the 23rd!!

Mandy - shame about your interview but sure it will all come good - where theres a will etc etc.!!! xx

Yvonne xx
Congratulations Yvonne, great news!!

Good luck with bookin the flights n sellin up!! Hopefully your children will settle once over. It must be so much tougher when there's older children involved. There's a big meet getting organised for 12th July down this end, not sure if there's anything nearer Brisbane coming up. Feels a bit strange going to them TBH, but at least try a couple of them n make up ur own mind!

The last one we went to was a great day out, there were loads of kids there n it was at a football club so they all ran riot all day!!

Anyway, take care n best wishes to u n urs!
Mandy
Old May 15th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Hi, been busy reading all your threads!

We're contemplating what to do ...still!

Been jumping from one thing to another!

Have been sending cv's hoping to get a sponsorship offer but no luck so far, so now seriously considering the student visa. Problem is, which one of us does the course? Hubby would prefer me to do it as 'school' and him never did match! He didn't get very good grades and the thought of going to college scares him to death!

I'm 33 now almost 34 and did 3 years at college and gained a Btec National Diploma in Nursery Nursing when I left school.

What course could I do? I've looked at the MODL and am trying to pick one off there but none appeal really. I thought hubby could do the Horticulture or bricklaying but he's not keen! HELP!!!!!

I'm going round in circles! Also deciding when to start is the next problem. We're contemplating either July 2009 or the following Feb 2010 (sounds so long away though)........I'm just wanting to get as much cash behinfd us as poss as we have 2 boys schooling to pay for too.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully recieved!

Also, a thought......i notice some of you are looking for a sponsor once you get there? how would that work with your student visa? Would you loose your course fees? or can you pay bit by bit????? in which case it would be ok.

Sorry for all the questions...........my head is spinning!
Old May 15th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Sorry, forgot to add that hubby is 40yrs old so that is another worry. If he does the course, by th etime he finishes it would he be too old to apply for PR via skilled visa route???
Old May 15th 2008, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
That is a shame. Good news ish on my job front, one of the contract people handed in their notice yesturday, yay. There should now be two contracts up on offer (but I think 3-4 casuals who would want them, all of who I am far more qualified than). And another 1-2 in 6 months. So fingers crossed I will eventually get sponsored.
Hi pumpkin blossom,

Don't you have to have 6 years worth of work experience in an occupation on the silled occupations list to be sponsored, or am i totally wrong?
Old May 15th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Becky,

Sorry to hear that you guys are still stressin bout everythin!!

I suppose you've gotta look at it that if you cant do a skilled visa, then theres always gonna be a 'risk'. You would still be young enough to be the main applicant n spend some time trying to get back into the 'nursery nursing' where you are just now n get some senior excperince? Is that not an option? It's probably your only 'risk' free option and with courses getting booked up so far in advance, it could potentially take less time to get PR.

If not, then you would have to do some strategic planning of sorts, ie come over on the student visa in hope of gaining sponsorship. If doing this, maybe an idea to go to a 'regional' area so that there would be a chance of getting the RSMS sponsored visa. That way there would be no further decisions and potential risk if you would have to go with a 457 and it also may not really matter who is main applicant on the student visa as i'm thinking either of you could potentially gain sponsorship?

Course fees can be paid in instalments and if/when you drop out, you don't have to pay anymore and MAY be entitled to a % refunded depending on when you drop out. Hubbies at the Gold Coast TAFE and this was in the small print, not sure bout others.

As far as school fees go, I THINK you can pay so much up front and again pay in instalments. Means that if/when you get sponsorship you wouldn't have to pay any more. Not sure about all states, but I know that you don't pay school fees on a 457 in Queensland.

If you really want to do this, then find the route that sits best with you! If you cant get a skilled visa then there is a risk no matter which other visa route you go down! Maybe that risk is just too much, that's a personal choice there's no right or wrong, go with what feels right for you.

Good luck n hope this helps!!

In regards to experience for sponsorship, I don't THINK there is any kind of time lines involved only that you can prove you have some sort of experience and that there has been enough effort in trying to employ an Australian Citizen without success? I may be totally wrong though!!

How is everyone doing?

Hubbies boss is looking in to his eligibility in sponsoring him just now. Don't know if it's gonna be a 'goer' or not, but our thinking is that i can earn more money staying casual (time + half for working weekends) and if I went full-time, the rota of my shifts would make it far too difficult for hubbie to get full-time work. We'l just see what happens!

Next instalment of fees due now as well, total bummer!

Cheers
Mandy
Old May 15th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Becky,

Sorry to hear that you guys are still stressin bout everythin!!

I suppose you've gotta look at it that if you cant do a skilled visa, then theres always gonna be a 'risk'. You would still be young enough to be the main applicant n spend some time trying to get back into the 'nursery nursing' where you are just now n get some senior excperince? Is that not an option? It's probably your only 'risk' free option and with courses getting booked up so far in advance, it could potentially take less time to get PR.

If not, then you would have to do some strategic planning of sorts, ie come over on the student visa in hope of gaining sponsorship. If doing this, maybe an idea to go to a 'regional' area so that there would be a chance of getting the RSMS sponsored visa. That way there would be no further decisions and potential risk if you would have to go with a 457 and it also may not really matter who is main applicant on the student visa as i'm thinking either of you could potentially gain sponsorship?

Course fees can be paid in instalments and if/when you drop out, you don't have to pay anymore and MAY be entitled to a % refunded depending on when you drop out. Hubbies at the Gold Coast TAFE and this was in the small print, not sure bout others.

As far as school fees go, I THINK you can pay so much up front and again pay in instalments. Means that if/when you get sponsorship you wouldn't have to pay any more. Not sure about all states, but I know that you don't pay school fees on a 457 in Queensland.

If you really want to do this, then find the route that sits best with you! If you cant get a skilled visa then there is a risk no matter which other visa route you go down! Maybe that risk is just too much, that's a personal choice there's no right or wrong, go with what feels right for you.

Good luck n hope this helps!!

In regards to experience for sponsorship, I don't THINK there is any kind of time lines involved only that you can prove you have some sort of experience and that there has been enough effort in trying to employ an Australian Citizen without success? I may be totally wrong though!!

How is everyone doing?

Hubbies boss is looking in to his eligibility in sponsoring him just now. Don't know if it's gonna be a 'goer' or not, but our thinking is that i can earn more money staying casual (time + half for working weekends) and if I went full-time, the rota of my shifts would make it far too difficult for hubbie to get full-time work. We'l just see what happens!

Next instalment of fees due now as well, total bummer!

Cheers
Mandy
Cheers Mandy for your advice!
It's really nice to have advice from people there living it! I have thought about going back to work full time in the UK and gaining experience to then apply for child care co-ordinator but it would take years. I'm not going to be able to walk straight in to a leader type postion because of being out of it for so long so i'd gradually have to work my way up. The other reason is that my eldest is 10yrs old and don't want him to be 14/15 and in the middle of gcse's etc, we'd rather move them whilst they're young enough to adapt a bit easier.

I appreciate your advice. We're looking at the 'sunshine coast' TAFE purely because the only people we will know in Oz live there! That will class as regional so that's a bonus!

Not 100% sure about who's doing course! It looks like it may be me doing hairdressing! are going to speak to Stefan at 'Study Options' and get his opinion.

Thanks again, will probably be back with more questions!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bradburns2
Hi pumpkin blossom,

Don't you have to have 6 years worth of work experience in an occupation on the silled occupations list to be sponsored, or am i totally wrong?
You are totally wrong. To get an independent visa I think it is something like that, but sponsorship visas the rules are all different. Have a look around the immigration website for sponsored visas. There are a few different types.

My job is not on the main skilled occupations list (this is the job I did in the UK, not the one I am training for), but it is on the list for regional 457 visas. That just states for my job you must have qualifications upto a certain level OR one years work experiance. I have 8 years, so could at least be sponsored for the regional 457 visa.
It turns out my boss thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread, and was telling other staff in a meeting yesturday that I need sponsoring, and apparently he sounded very positive. So fingers crossed some time in the next year or so I can get in there.
Old May 15th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
You are totally wrong. To get an independent visa I think it is something like that, but sponsorship visas the rules are all different. Have a look around the immigration website for sponsored visas. There are a few different types.

My job is not on the main skilled occupations list (this is the job I did in the UK, not the one I am training for), but it is on the list for regional 457 visas. That just states for my job you must have qualifications upto a certain level OR one years work experiance. I have 8 years, so could at least be sponsored for the regional 457 visa.
It turns out my boss thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread, and was telling other staff in a meeting yesturday that I need sponsoring, and apparently he sounded very positive. So fingers crossed some time in the next year or so I can get in there.
Yes I will have a look on the website, must have been getting it confused with a permanant visa.

Hope you get the sponsorship, this will definitely save you a lot of money, good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.