Wikiposts

Student Visa - Medicals

Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by bradburns2
Did you have to get a certificate of enrolment for your dependant children?

I ask this because, i haven't heard anyone else mention that they've had to do this, and i was under the impression that i didn't need to either, until i was told when i spoke to Education Queensland this morning.
Unless thing's have changed, you need YOUR COE and the COE for your dependants to apply for a student visa.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mandyp
Cheers, tho the 20 hour thing v frustrating as they are so short of workers, i could be working loads!! Howz things going with u?

Cheers
Mandy
what sort of jobs are avalible on the Gold coast for the 20 hour working rule?
hows the pay?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shark bait
what sort of jobs are avalible on the Gold coast for the 20 hour working rule?
hows the pay?
Hi, hubbie n i have not found it a problem getting jobs. Hubbie working for a cabinet maker n I'm working casual in a young person's residential unit (did the same job back across for over 7 years). I think we've been pretty lucky TBH, but there is loads of work over here n a shortage of workforce. Suppose it will depend on your skills coming over, hubbie just offered a days free labour to prove his worth n got taken on even with the restricted hours.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Positive vibes to everyone!!

Nice to hear you had a good wee break away too yvonne, enjoying some of that cold weather before you come over to the tropical climate!!LOL
Not sure what you should do bout the dates for your visa!! Yeah your GBP go really far when you first come over. You can get everything well cheap at garage sales n stuff or if your buying brand new, you just shop around n haggle the price down. Hubby is alwyas going on bout how cheap the plasma's are over here!! We got everything we needed (including a a second hand car) for around $10-$12k suppose it just depends on your budget, you'll spend towards that.

Cheers, n good luck all!!
Mandy
Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
We found everything to be more expensive over here than in the UK (apart from plasmas and food). Especially second hand cars. We saw the same model car, same year as our one in the UK and it is 4x the book price here!!! But then I think Adelaide is supposed to be more expensive for cars than other states.

I guessed the date for my working holiday visa. I think I may have only put the month in, not totally sure.
Originally Posted by Brockies
Hey bound4brissy we are hoping to be out of here for OH to start October course but that might have to be deferred to next year if the blasting house doesnt sell in time...... I thought it would have been long enough but somehow it looking really dim!!!

Although you never know whats round the corner but with us its always bad luck :curse:

Lyndsay x
Hi bound4brissy,

Is it education Queensland that is sending you your invoice for the school fees or have you applied to a school?

Did you have to get a certificate of enrolment for your dependant children?

I ask this because, i haven't heard anyone else mention that they've had to do this, and i was under the impression that i didn't need to either, until i was told when i spoke to Education Queensland this morning.

Hi everyone - sorry not had a minute to reply until today....thanks for advice. Got visa submitted on Tuesday and had to get solicitor to sign under 18 form yesterday and then scan that too. So we are on a roll now...and there is no turning back...Yippeee!!! Also trying to sell all our stuff. Went for the Gumtree route as Ebay is such a nightmare. Finding that people tend to complain alot these days too...and try and get refunds etc when there is nothing wrong with the items and they only paid £3.... not worth the hassle. Anyway got our sofa sold for £700!!

Mandy- that is totally fantastic that you got everything for $10k - including a car!! Im impressed - we are only taking a few things now - bikes surf board some kitchen stuff cds and all of zoe's soft toys (or she said she isnt coming..)

Pumpkin blossom - well we will def not take our tvs then - ours are old ones anyway so no point... we have new cars here in the UK but think we will just go for second hand ones, old bangers will need to do on our budget...! How are things in Adelaide??

Lyndsay - Im sure you will sell soon - its so stressful though, I know.

Bradburns2 - Yes you email the request for school to EQI Queensland and they send you an invoice for the remainder of the school year. We paid for term 3 and 4 for both kids which was $8400 - starting in July (this was including $100 each refundable fee for unnamed school and $100 admin fee each) you can name a school on the form but since we dont know where we will be living exactly its better to go unnamed as if you change school they you have to pay another $100 admin fee. I have contacted a few schools directly and they all have places so not a problem to sort out once we arrive. Unless it is an independant school then you need to apply via EQI and they send you a COE. If you want your kids to go to a Catholic school for example then they are classed as independant and you need to contact the school directly and enrol with them - please note that catholic school fees are about $2k more / year.

When I got emails from the schools they said its best just to decide when we arrive and they will show you around etc. After your kids have started your chosen school you apply for a refund from EQI of $100k each after you tell them the school they are attending.

So in summary, you need a COE from school before you can apply for visa and you need to pay the fees before you get a COE from EQI Queensland...!! Good news is that it doesnt take long to do this as its all done via email ... its just a bit of a strain on your bank balance...!

xxx
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Cheers, tho the 20 hour thing v frustrating as they are so short of workers, i could be working loads!! Howz things going with u?

Cheers
Mandy
Everything is ok, we've changed Lees course now, to do furnature making in Yeronga, Brisbane, instead of Bricklaying on Sunshine coast.

We thought that it would be better for work, moving closer to Brisbane and because Lee can already bricklay,(he's just on the job trained and has no qualifications in this trade), he thought why not pay to train and do something that he can't do rather than pay to train for something that he can already do.

I know your hubbys doing cabinet making, and we've been told that this is something that Lee will also be able to do when he's trained.

Theres 400 hours work experience built into Lees course and that can be paid or unpaid, Lee will just have to sell himself like your hubby did, then we should be ok.

We're awaiting a coe for our daughter, which i have only just found out that she needed, we we're told that we had done everything. When we have this, we can finally send off our visa application.

I hope the flights don't go up too much, we've been planning to leave the uk on Sat. 14th April and we were looking at paying £1800 for flights for the 4 of us, i bet they'll go through the roof if we leave it too long.

Thanks for asking Mandy, How are you kiddies enjoying living in oz?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

hi, just to let u no we didnt actually receive a COE before we recd our visa, we then simply visited a few schools when we arrived in melbourne and then paid the fees once we decided. This way it saves u payin the fees 6months in advance and keeping the dosh in ur own bank and then u can select the best school for ur kids after u have visited a few schools.. PM me if u want further details...

Good luck to everyone... I've also found casual work, simply in a plumbing factory and its fairly easy to find work..

Russ
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Everything is ok, we've changed Lees course now, to do furnature making in Yeronga, Brisbane, instead of Bricklaying on Sunshine coast.

We thought that it would be better for work, moving closer to Brisbane and because Lee can already bricklay,(he's just on the job trained and has no qualifications in this trade), he thought why not pay to train and do something that he can't do rather than pay to train for something that he can already do.

I know your hubbys doing cabinet making, and we've been told that this is something that Lee will also be able to do when he's trained.

Theres 400 hours work experience built into Lees course and that can be paid or unpaid, Lee will just have to sell himself like your hubby did, then we should be ok.

We're awaiting a coe for our daughter, which i have only just found out that she needed, we we're told that we had done everything. When we have this, we can finally send off our visa application.

I hope the flights don't go up too much, we've been planning to leave the uk on Sat. 14th April and we were looking at paying £1800 for flights for the 4 of us, i bet they'll go through the roof if we leave it too long.

Thanks for asking Mandy, How are you kiddies enjoying living in oz?
That sounds v sensible TBH as if he can already do bricklaying, am sure he'd be able to get work doing that if he really wants too!! Better to have as many skills as poss, keep the options open n go where the money is!! The waiting game is v anoying when you've seen the flights at a good price, we were looking at 1800GPB, by the time we actually booked it was 2100GBP (I think) so not too much more, but more all the same!!

The kiddiewinks just love it over here, tho really too wee not to!! Logan (3 year old) has been great at understanding that we are 3 aeroplans away, so people are too far away and is happy enough blethering away to folks on the phone or on video msn!! We've also met loads of people which has really helped. There's always something happening at the weekend, we've got a better family social scene than we had back across!! Good luck with everything, hope you get to book up real soon!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
hi, just to let u no we didnt actually receive a COE before we recd our visa, we then simply visited a few schools when we arrived in melbourne and then paid the fees once we decided. This way it saves u payin the fees 6months in advance and keeping the dosh in ur own bank and then u can select the best school for ur kids after u have visited a few schools.. PM me if u want further details...

Good luck to everyone... I've also found casual work, simply in a plumbing factory and its fairly easy to find work..

Russ
Wow!! How did you manage to escape the school COE?!!!! We havent chosen a school and can still check out schools when we arrive but would have been good to keep the $8400 in the bank for a few more months...
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi, all u simply do is email a few schools and ask them to send you an offer of placement letter via email, we recd 8 offers of placements and then chose the best one to include when we submitted our visa app, once u get here then you just visit any school and then decide and submit the same forms and pay by instalment, which is alot better than paying the lump sum...

Best wishes

Russ
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bound4brissy
Hi everyone - sorry not had a minute to reply until today....thanks for advice. Got visa submitted on Tuesday and had to get solicitor to sign under 18 form yesterday and then scan that too. So we are on a roll now...and there is no turning back...Yippeee!!! Also trying to sell all our stuff. Went for the Gumtree route as Ebay is such a nightmare. Finding that people tend to complain alot these days too...and try and get refunds etc when there is nothing wrong with the items and they only paid £3.... not worth the hassle. Anyway got our sofa sold for £700!!

Mandy- that is totally fantastic that you got everything for $10k - including a car!! Im impressed - we are only taking a few things now - bikes surf board some kitchen stuff cds and all of zoe's soft toys (or she said she isnt coming..)

Pumpkin blossom - well we will def not take our tvs then - ours are old ones anyway so no point... we have new cars here in the UK but think we will just go for second hand ones, old bangers will need to do on our budget...! How are things in Adelaide??

Lyndsay - Im sure you will sell soon - its so stressful though, I know.

Bradburns2 - Yes you email the request for school to EQI Queensland and they send you an invoice for the remainder of the school year. We paid for term 3 and 4 for both kids which was $8400 - starting in July (this was including $100 each refundable fee for unnamed school and $100 admin fee each) you can name a school on the form but since we dont know where we will be living exactly its better to go unnamed as if you change school they you have to pay another $100 admin fee. I have contacted a few schools directly and they all have places so not a problem to sort out once we arrive. Unless it is an independant school then you need to apply via EQI and they send you a COE. If you want your kids to go to a Catholic school for example then they are classed as independant and you need to contact the school directly and enrol with them - please note that catholic school fees are about $2k more / year.

When I got emails from the schools they said its best just to decide when we arrive and they will show you around etc. After your kids have started your chosen school you apply for a refund from EQI of $100k each after you tell them the school they are attending.

So in summary, you need a COE from school before you can apply for visa and you need to pay the fees before you get a COE from EQI Queensland...!! Good news is that it doesnt take long to do this as its all done via email ... its just a bit of a strain on your bank balance...!

xxx

Thanks for that bound4brissy,

I have sent everything to them now, i just wish i'd done it sooner. We're hoping to be gone 8 weeks today.

How long did it take them to get back to you once you had emailed them everything the needed?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi all,

Just wondering how you are all goin on you student visa's. We are all good so far, I just counted up my hours I have gained so far and already I have managed 141 hrs to go towards my 900 and I have another full time week to add on next week as have been on hols here, so getteing the hours shouldnt be a problem.
Kids are doing well and my oldest has settled in well in pre primary.
We are looking into a posible sponsorship too so that is all good but we are only just staring looking into that so will contiune with the student route.

Hope your all doing well.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi all,

Just wondering how you are all goin on you student visa's.
This end STILL waiting for or PR decision, but I feel something in me water ...

Good luck with sponsorship! ...
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that bound4brissy,

I have sent everything to them now, i just wish i'd done it sooner. We're hoping to be gone 8 weeks today.

How long did it take them to get back to you once you had emailed them everything the needed?
Hi, it was very quick - they email you an invoice and you send your payment - I payed by credit card - watch out there is a charge of about 3% from the credit card for that (I have 5% cash back card which I took out just for that purpose and means I dont pay a charge and have another month to find the cash....) - as soon as the payment was cleared at their end a COE is emailed to you the next day. It took about a 3 days in all then the visa application is a piece of cake. If you pay via your bank it will take about 5 days for the payment to arrive. However, you can have your visa all completed and saved ready for your coe if you are applying for an evisa. We are hoping to leave around the 23rd of June so we have a couple of weeks out there to get the kids settled before school starts on the 14th of July. Then my course starts the following week...

I only applied for our visa last week so looks like we are kind of on the same timescales! Stressful time I know!!!! Let me know how you get on!

We get our medicals next week so after that its all out of our hands.... hope it doesnt go pete tong as we will have no house, jobs or even any furniture....
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi, all u simply do is email a few schools and ask them to send you an offer of placement letter via email, we recd 8 offers of placements and then chose the best one to include when we submitted our visa app, once u get here then you just visit any school and then decide and submit the same forms and pay by instalment, which is alot better than paying the lump sum...

Best wishes

Russ

Cheers Russ - Too right!! Weve already paid it but good for others to know.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:44 am
Brisbane Bound Mar 09

WelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant futureWelshDebzs has a brilliant future
Question Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Hey Guys

We are going out on student visa hubby taking cabinet maker course was going to be mel but only intake every jan and I dont think we will sell our house that quickly so we are looking a brissy. I see some of your OH are doing the course in Yeronga how is it going ??? I notice its quite exp to live can you advise any places to live ??? going crazy looking for places...

I am a bit confused re schools I thought you had to pay upfront for school fees with the visa even if you dont have a place...can you help??

Im in the biggest dilema of should we hang on and go to Mel 2010 or sell house and go to brissy...

Why did you choose brissy

What is the hourly rate are you coping on 20hrs etc

We just want to get there!

Deep breath for me lol...

Any thoughts would be great

Debzsx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.