Student Visa - Medicals

Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Ta much guys!!

Mandy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Congratulations on the job!

Anyone heard from pumpkin blossom? I wonder how shes getting on?

Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brockies
Hi Bradburns

How did you find out about this course in WA we have been looking but had to go for the TAFE Nambour also?? Have you got a web address so we can look at it..

Lyndsay
Hiya Lyndsay,

A man called Jon who posts as JPSUPERHOOPER, let me know about it. The company is called Silver Trowel and they have only recently become cricos registered. We've been toying with the idea, because it was Perth that we really wanted at first anyway, but as this wasn't an option we researched Queensland. We've decided to stay with Queensland now though because that's what we've had our hearts set on since October. I emailed Silver Trowel asking if the information that i had recieved was correct and had a reply the next morning.

Haven't read any posts from you for ages, how are things?
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Well done Mandyp,

Hope everything continues to go well for you. Hope to be in the boat soon. Well done to you both for getting jobs straight away.

Also well to werty1, it's so nice to hear when things work out well for people instead of hearing more bad news from peopple.

WELL DONE
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

hello everybody,

well we have been here for two weeks now in beautiful tasmania. We are loving it here, the kids have all settled well into school and kinder and my uni course kicks off properly tomorrow so we can apply for our work rights this week. Our rental is really nice right on the edge of the bush so lots of wildlife in the garden! Bought a couple of cars, and slightly disturbed to discover how expensive everything is now here in tas particularly as our house still hasn't completed so on a really small budget at the moment, but otherwise fantastic. good luck to everyone else on this difficult route to pr!

julie lee and kids
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

excellent julie and lee, we've been in melbourne now for around 7-wks and you've done loads in just 2-wks so well done. We only moved into a rental 2 wks ago and still car hunting, and I agree its costly in the 1st few wks. Sarah is enjoying her first couple of college wks, although its hard when she's also been getting a couple of assignments each week.

Enjoy your time and good luck.

Russ & Sarah
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hay Julie n co n Russ n Sarah, good to hear you guys are settling in well too!!

Bradburns, thanx just well pleased n excited specially as they are talking sponsorship!! Don't have a clue bout the sponsored visa, so need to swot up n see if it's a possibility!!

Cheers
Mandy

Last edited by mandyp; Feb 24th 2008 at 10:58 am.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hey guys how is everyone settling in?? Thats for all you lucky people that are in Oz already and how is everyone on this side that are on route???

Lyndsay x
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

hiya, pretty much settled now, sarah's been college for 5-wks, cant wait now until easter to give her brain a rest from all that studying after not been at school for almost 20yrs !!!!!!.. Kids all sorted all school, house is nice and weather has been unbelieveable in melbourne. Now started to look for work, as we av no income coming in and after a few months its amazin how much u spend... but its fantastic, so what the hell!!!!

Russ & Sarah
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Great here in Adelaide. We have just got the house sorted now, buying all the important bits, like the dishwasher etc.
The course is great. I have had a few days of work but hubbie is only just starting to look as he did not have a chance before we had a house as we were camping, and had the dog. Doesn't seem like there will be a problem finding part time work in Adelaide though.
Weather has been a bit hot, but I prefer it that way.
All in all, very glad we came.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!!!

Ive just skimmed thru all 33 pages and amazed by the journey you have all been on. It has made me so optimistic that we are doing the right thing especially since everyone thats made it over seems to be happy and settled!

I am heading over with my husband and 2 children at the end of June to do Hairdressing in Brisbane - I regularly need to do sanity checks (like looking at the weather in Brisbane or reading things like this!) to remember why we are doing this - as we are just at the point of applying after received COE...

I have a question that I hope someone can help with - I understand you need to prove that you have access to £50k to apply (2 adults and 2 children) in the form of a bank statement but we wont have this money until our house sale goes through mid May and I dont want to wait until then to apply. Would a letter from solicitor suffice to confirm this money will be payable to us? Or what other way did you do it? Im sure not everyone has that kind of money sitting in their current account!!

Hope someone can help!!!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

mike08 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bound4brissy
Hi everyone!!!

Ive just skimmed thru all 33 pages and amazed by the journey you have all been on. It has made me so optimistic that we are doing the right thing especially since everyone thats made it over seems to be happy and settled!

I am heading over with my husband and 2 children at the end of June to do Hairdressing in Brisbane - I regularly need to do sanity checks (like looking at the weather in Brisbane or reading things like this!) to remember why we are doing this - as we are just at the point of applying after received COE...

I have a question that I hope someone can help with - I understand you need to prove that you have access to £50k to apply (2 adults and 2 children) in the form of a bank statement but we wont have this money until our house sale goes through mid May and I dont want to wait until then to apply. Would a letter from solicitor suffice to confirm this money will be payable to us? Or what other way did you do it? Im sure not everyone has that kind of money sitting in their current account!!

You dont need to prove it, just just need to say you can support your self for the 2 years.
Good Luck, Im sure you'll love it
Old Mar 25th 2008, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

Thanks Mike - thats great news!!!!!!!!!!!! are you still here or on route??
Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bound4brissy
Hi everyone!!!

thats definately true we were panicking that we wouldn't be able to prove enough funds but they never asked for proof, it is different if you are from a different country category. good luck x
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hay bound4brissy,

Good luck with it all, it's such an exciting time!! Although the student route is risky and expensive, it's a way over. It's fab over here n we've never been happier, even though we're living on the tightest budget ever!! Where about in Glasgow are you from? We've been hearing all about the usual crappy weather!!!LOL

In regards to the decleration, there is a calculator on the immigration website that totals the amount they expect you to have. You just basically write a sentence that states that you will have that amount and sign it. Are your children school age? Apparently, just heard this from another 'student' if you enrol you children into a catholic school (this applies to Queensland, not sure bout other states) you do not have to pay the full state fees, only the actual school fees!! Works out at paying around $2000 instead of $8000.

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.