Student Visa - Medicals

Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hubbie doin a freebie day today for a cabinet making comp, so hopefully he comes back with the job!!

Cheers
Mandy
TAFE SA sent out a load of bumf about being a student and what to expect etc and said that it is illegal for them to ask you to do a days free work so they can decide if they want you......

Anyway, we fly out tomorrow, yay.
Our house sale was very stressful right up until the last minute as our completion date was last Monday, but it didn't happen. We had to serve a notice to complete on our buyer who went mad (as it cost him £117 on top of the daily interest he was having to pay for going over) and we finally completed on Friday.
Anyway, all in place now, bags just about packed, everyone said goodbye to, and tomorrow we fly to Hong Kong, spend a day there, and then carry on to OZ. Yay. We get there Saturday arvo (have to get the lingo right) and then start the course Monday morning. LOL.

Have fun everyone
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
TAFE SA sent out a load of bumf about being a student and what to expect etc and said that it is illegal for them to ask you to do a days free work so they can decide if they want you......

Anyway, we fly out tomorrow, yay.
Our house sale was very stressful right up until the last minute as our completion date was last Monday, but it didn't happen. We had to serve a notice to complete on our buyer who went mad (as it cost him £117 on top of the daily interest he was having to pay for going over) and we finally completed on Friday.
Anyway, all in place now, bags just about packed, everyone said goodbye to, and tomorrow we fly to Hong Kong, spend a day there, and then carry on to OZ. Yay. We get there Saturday arvo (have to get the lingo right) and then start the course Monday morning. LOL.

Have fun everyone
They didn't ask him, he offered n it's a way in the door for many over here. As it turns out, he got the job!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

loubieloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Pumkin blossom, Have a safe journey and hope to see you the other side soon

let us know how you are settling in when you get chance.

Good luck
Louise
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

loubieloo is an unknown quantity at this point

OH and I have just had a look and in SA you will need to pay for the childrens schooling if there is anyone heading out that way

bummer got all excited then !

Louise
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi everyone.

Just wondered how you were all getting on being on the student visas?
For us everything is going great so far, my husband has started his horticulture course and is enjoying it and he starts work on monday, and it is a horticulture job so can start to gain his 900 hours and they work it all round his college so thats great. I have been working for about 2 weeks now and it's going well, they give me 20 hrs and make sure i dont go over, and fit everything around the kids and college so no child care problems.
The kids have settled in really well and my son is enjoying pre primary school, I did have to pay $5000 for school after a brief moment of excitment after being told they dont charge school fees in wa!
We are still living with family, which is great but viewed a house last night and think we will put an application to rent in on monday.
The kids are both happy and love the weather and the beach.

Let me know how everyone else is doing.

Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:58 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi everyone.

For us everything is going great so far, my husband has started his horticulture course and is enjoying it and he starts work on monday, and it is a horticulture job so can start to gain his 900 hours and they work it all round his college so thats great. I have been working for about 2 weeks now and it's going well, they give me 20 hrs and make sure i dont go over, and fit everything around the kids and college so no child care problems.
The kids have settled in really well and my son is enjoying pre primary school, I did have to pay $5000 for school after a brief moment of excitment after being told they dont charge school fees in wa!
We are still living with family, which is great but viewed a house last night and think we will put an application to rent in on monday.

Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

[QUOTE=werty1;5939155]Hi everyone.

Hi werty1,

Glad you're all settled and enjoying life in oz.

Hubbys course starts in July, and i thought we were going to have to defer until next Feb, because we needed to sell our house. I was so worried about doing this with the way the housing market is at the moment, I was worried that we wouldn't sell in time.

We hadn't even advertised the property properly and we got a viewing, this person loved the house and offered me a good price, which I accepted. So now house is sold subject to contract. The buyers are first time buyers aswell, so there's no chain. We've been told that it should only be 4 - 6 weeks to complete. We're sooooooooooooooooooooo happy, but sooooooo scared, excited and worried at the same time.

It feels real now, all the talk about going to oz is becoming more of a reality now. I hope we get off to a good start when we arrive.

I wanted to ask you wery1, how long it took you to apply and recieve you student visa? Is it 124 days before the course starts, I can't remember now?

Is there anything you reccommend us do, from now until it's time to come over? Any help gratefully recieved.

Lisa
Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Hi PaulandNick,

Have you heard anything about pr yet? If not, how long have you been waiting and what visa are you on whilst your waiting?
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi PaulandNick,

Have you heard anything about pr yet? If not, how long have you been waiting and what visa are you on whilst your waiting?
Not heard a peep. It'll be 6 months since application went in next week.

Currently on a Bridging Visa which expires in a week! ...
Old Feb 16th 2008, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Bradburns;5942227]
Hi everyone.

Hi werty1,

Glad you're all settled and enjoying life in oz.

Hubbys course starts in July, and i thought we were going to have to defer until next Feb, because we needed to sell our house. I was so worried about doing this with the way the housing market is at the moment, I was worried that we wouldn't sell in time.

We hadn't even advertised the property properly and we got a viewing, this person loved the house and offered me a good price, which I accepted. So now house is sold subject to contract. The buyers are first time buyers aswell, so there's no chain. We've been told that it should only be 4 - 6 weeks to complete. We're sooooooooooooooooooooo happy, but sooooooo scared, excited and worried at the same time.

It feels real now, all the talk about going to oz is becoming more of a reality now. I hope we get off to a good start when we arrive.

I wanted to ask you wery1, how long it took you to apply and recieve you student visa? Is it 124 days before the course starts, I can't remember now?

Is there anything you reccommend us do, from now until it's time to come over? Any help gratefully recieved.

Lisa

we waited until we had sold the house then we applied and the whole process took 13 days from applying, getting meds done and the visa being granted. All i can recommend is for you to save as much money as you can, we have found work easily but others really struggle with the 20 hr rule.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone.

Hi Werty1,

Spunds as if all is well and good with you guys!! We're the same, everything falling into place, hubbie enjoying his course n says it's a doddle, n found work with a cabinet maker, money not great $20ph, but not too bad. Plus he can work as many hours as he wants during the holidays so all good, roll on the easter break!!

I had my first interview last week, tho haven't heard back from them which i'm pretty disapointed bout. They've contacted my references tho, so I'm just hoping that they're waiting for my disclosure, they're fine with me working when i want (i.e when hubbie is at home to look after the kiddiewinks)and only doing the 20 hours which is great and although I'm not sure bout the pay, it's will be somewhere around $25-$30ph so we should do fine.

Got nice rental, nice quiet complex in a good area, and it's pretty cheap too. I would definately recomend living in a complex even just initially, loads of scope to meet people and for the kids to meet and play with other kids.

Have met loads of fantastic people over here, everyone is very friendly and helpfull, all in all, I think we have been very very lucky in that EVERYTHING has fallen into place for us!!

Take care everyone and good luck!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hay, so excited, got the job!!! Woo hoo!!

Personel will fone me tomorrow to go over everything, and they're looking for me to start ASAP!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

Personel will fone me tomorrow to go over everything, and they're looking for me to start ASAP!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Cheers
Mandy
Well done Mand xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hi Werty,

well done on settling in so quickly, your story is one that many wish was theres, everything sounds like it's going great, congratulations, i'm so happy for you, i hope we get on as well when we finally move.

I wanted to ask you, where abouts in WA are you, is it anywhere near Cannington (near to Perth CBD)?

The reason i ask is because there is now a Bricklaying course in Perth, which didn't exist when we got the ball rolling with our student visa. This is where we would of preffered to go, now there's a course there and the school fees are nil, i think we might reconsider going to Perth now.

Also werty who exactly told you that there were no fees to pay in wa?

Sorry for all the questions, but if this is correct then this would leave us alot better off if we went to Perth.

Thanks

Hi Bradburns

How did you find out about this course in WA we have been looking but had to go for the TAFE Nambour also?? Have you got a web address so we can look at it..

Lyndsay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.