boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by werty1
Woo Hoo Our visa has just been granted D
We applied 30/10/07
Submitted our documents 06/11/07
Had meds done 08/11/07
Visa granted 12/22/07
13 days in total!!! We fly out 4 weeks tommorow!
congratulations!!
Christmas in the Sun,we fly on the 26thNov got shippers coming next week, and are we organised absolutely not

Good luck

Caroline
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:44 am
Just Joined

scrappyrosie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi angie, where are you gonna be doing your course too? what about your OH whats he gonna be doing whist you are studying? There seems to be an awful lot of people going on student visas, does everyone get their PR at the end of it? I do worry about things like this, also what is the likelihood of getting the work after the college course has finished? Any ideas?
julie
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied 30/10/07
Had meds done 08/11/07
Visa granted 12/22/07
CONGRATS WERTY 1
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS WERTY1, all the best
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

sunshine 27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scrappyrosie
hi angie, where are you gonna be doing your course too? what about your OH whats he gonna be doing whist you are studying? There seems to be an awful lot of people going on student visas, does everyone get their PR at the end of it? I do worry about things like this, also what is the likelihood of getting the work after the college course has finished? Any ideas?
julie
Hi
Going to sunshine coast (sunshine coast tafe college). No one is guaranteed of getting PR, its a risk for anyone going in on a student visa.
You will both be only able to work 20 hours a week while on student visa, and again no guarantee you will find work.
I've never been a long term planner of the future, planning the next 2 years is enough for me! I'm looking at it as an adventure, I want to live in oz and this is the way in for us, we've made the decision to go for it, see what happens

angie
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

We applied 30/10/07
Had meds done 08/11/07
Visa granted 12/22/07
Congrats Werty1,

That was well quick!!!

Good luck all!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

We applied 30/10/07
Had meds done 08/11/07
Visa granted 12/22/07
Well done guys
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I got my CoE the other day, and I know it's probably just a standard document for the UK but, It states

"To apply for a student visa to study in Australia, please apply to the following Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) office, with this form and other supporting documents:

DIAC - UNITED KINGDOM (London)
Australia House, The Strand
LONDON
United Kingdom "

Well this is not as easy as it actually sounds, as I'm already flying out on the 6th december(flight booked), and I had already decided to apply for my visa onshore. (meds etc..)

I have read of others using this route, so am looking for a bit of assurance and support and for you guys to say, "don't worry it'll be fine" lol
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

OMG.... OMG... OMG.... WE HAVE FINALLY GOT OUR VISA!!!!
After some cock ups and delay's (not on our part) we are now on our way to Oz.
Now comes the fun part pushing our house sale through, getting the shipping company in and booking our flights!!!! and maybe a few beers but it is only 6.30am, Oh well a cup of tea will have to do!!

Good luck to everyone hope to meet up with some of you next year!!

Sarah and Russell
Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Now comes the fun part pushing our house sale through, getting the shipping company in and booking our flights!!!! and maybe a few beers but it is only 6.30am, Oh well a cup of tea will have to do!!

Sarah and Russell
Good luck with everything Sarah and Russell, hope everything goes well for you both and hope you have a great time in oz. Keep us posted on your arrival etc. Lisa.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's

Sarah and Russell
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with the house, our sale fell through but still going got shippers in tomorrow and the house is upside down I hope the packers are up for a challenge,still plenty of sun and fun to look forward too.
Good luck and best wishes for a great adventure
bfn
Caroline.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Many congrats Sarah and Russell, hope all goes well for ya!!!

ibioble, don't worry, it'l be fine!!

Cheers n good luck to you all!!

Mandy
Old Nov 20th 2007, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

congratulations sarah and russel

hope to see you down under one day as you'll be just across the water you must be soooo relieved. have a glass of champers for us!!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Thanks everyone,

We already finished off a bottle of champagne by 11am this morning. Now let the madness begin.

Cheers

Sarah and Russell
Old Nov 20th 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to you all again, Just a quick one got medicals booked for 6th december, I know it tells you to send all medicals to DIAC direct but can't apply for student visa till March 08, so the question is I will have to hang on to these until march 08????????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.