Student Visa - Medicals

Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

good answer, I'm sure aswell you can get flights, we were keen for singapore airlines, but I agree any route is perfect. Do search on the internet incase you can get a better deal than travel agents. The prices change daily, one minute for the 4 of us it was £2200, then it was £2550 and then £2758, I guess the prices incase as the seats get booked up..

Best wishes, sunshine here we come.. yepeee

Sarah & Russ
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Hello Carlton and P.blossom, our visa is taking an eternity!! Meds refered to Oz. Still got to remember why we are in this!. With flights the best airline we flew to Oz with was Royal Brunei and the worst Singapore but like anything its down to how good the crew and your kids are on the day!!!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That must be a right pain having your meds refered. Hopefully (fingers crossed) there won't be anything we have to be refered for, although hubbie is on the large side, so who knows?
We will be booking ours first thing tomorrow.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well we didn't attach any documents to our application and now they have asked for a copy of our wedding certificate. But nothing else..... Oh well.

Also just had paperwork from the Drs and it looks like I might have to get details of dodgy smear tests. I will have to talk to them tomorrow as they do say for hospital things only in the last 10 years, and the dodgy smears were just over that.

Does anyone know which blood tests it is you need if you have tattoos? They are rather pricey!! Maybe I will have to get some really thick concealer and cover them up.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

hello my hubby had to have hep b hep c and hiv tests as he has more than 3 tattoos, they were £29 for each test pretty expensive especially as i'm going to do a nursing degree so i had to have em all aswell. i've read on other threads that it depends on the doctor.

I've read a thread somewhere on here about smear tests and results etc which might be worth searching for , have to say I didn't have to provide any info about smear test although i suppose if you are being honest you may have to put on your medical form that you had an abnormal one.

We are still waiting for oh medical to be finalised its soooo frustrating keep checking the progress and there it is exactly the same everytime:curse:
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I will have a search for that thanks. It is a fair bit more for those tests at the Drs we are going to. Was it only 3 or above tattoos they took them for?
I have already told them I had to have lazer treatment, so any half decent Dr will realise I would have had to have had abnormal smears first. lol.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

yes, she totted up tattoos and piercings and she said if it was more than 3 you had to have the extra tests, don't understand how you can put a number on it like that but then our doc was extremely thorough, hubby and my two boys both had to have their nether regions examined, and i had to have the breast exam etc.

still waiting!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Mmmm, I may have to wear long socks to cover my ankle tattoo, and pretend I have never had any piercings (might need a dollop of foundation to fill in the hole from my lip piercing). LOL. I could probably get away with the shoulder tattoo.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Still waiting! whats everone studying and where? Still kinda wish we had applied to W/A not Tassie but figured the scenery was more important than the weather

Last edited by southern-stars; Nov 29th 2007 at 7:33 am. Reason: spelling!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Horticulture in Adelaide here, how about you? I recon it would be easier to find work in Tassie than some of the more popular student areas. It does look stunning. I would happily have gone there but hubbie wanted to move somewhere a bit warmer. That and his cousin and family live in Adelaide.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:58 am
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Quick question?

If you study for a year, do you still need meds done?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

i'm doing a degree in nusing in launceston, can't wait but so frustrated. adelaides a nice place spent alot of time there too hot for me! you havin your meds on monday pumpkin?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep. Hubbie is quite worried, but I'm sure it will be fine. I just can't work out if we need all the blood tests or not. It is all getting very expensive.

Yer Adelaide was my favourite place in Oz, but it is very hot in the summer. Not sure how much I will enjoy the horticulture course in full heat. I remember walking to the local shop and nearly dying.

We are beginning to get really excited now as the house sale looks like it is finally happening. Just looking at rentals at the moment. And tents for before we find a rental.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

we just got our student visa's through online saying approved, the whole process took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

And we did not need bloodtests because its a student visa.

Horticulture in Perth at Murdoch is what we are doing.

Last edited by lee28; Nov 29th 2007 at 12:03 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lee28
we just got our student visa's through online saying approved, the whole process took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

And we did not need bloodtests because its a student visa.

thats really quick lucky you we are on week 5 already!

it being a student visa doesn't preclude you from blood tests, i had to do all 3 as i'm studying nursing, and my hubby had to have all 3 as he has tattoos.

julie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.