Student Visa - Medicals

Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Thanks werty1, so you could say it's pretty quick then. We can't apply for our visa until 4 months before hubbys course starts, so that will be March 2008, not sure when to get meds done though, any suggestions? do they last for 12 months? would it be daft of us to get them done as soon as we get our coe or should we wait? Let us all know how everything goes with your visa. Oh one more question, what info, docs. do they ask for on the visa application? Sorry for all the questions, Lisa.
I dont think they do last for 12 months for a student visa! i might be wrong though! we needed copies of birth certificates, marriage cert, copies of passports that sort of stuff, divorce cert if you ever been divorced.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that when reading the immigration web site it said you could get your medicals done 6 months before the start of the course. When you take into account you can only apply 4 months before it isn't THAT far in advance.

Could someone tell me where I can find my nearest Ozzie accepted Dr? I'm in Manchester.
Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I'm pretty sure that when reading the immigration web site it said you could get your medicals done 6 months before the start of the course. When you take into account you can only apply 4 months before it isn't THAT far in advance.

Could someone tell me where I can find my nearest Ozzie accepted Dr? I'm in Manchester.
Thanks
There is one in manchester, liverpool, carlisle & preston
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks werty1, so you could say it's pretty quick then. We can't apply for our visa until 4 months before hubbys course starts, so that will be March 2008, not sure when to get meds done though, any suggestions? do they last for 12 months? would it be daft of us to get them done as soon as we get our coe or should we wait? Let us all know how everything goes with your visa. Oh one more question, what info, docs. do they ask for on the visa application? Sorry for all the questions, Lisa.
Hi guys,

The address to send everything is;

Australia House
Strand LONDON
WC2B 4LA
United Kingdom

You can find pretty much all info on

www.immi.gov.au

There is a good search facility that will answer just bout anything.

The student visa usually takes between 5-10days if applied offshore online I think everyone has been around 20 days ish as it's apparantly been well busy!!!

We were 8 weeks but had probs as I'm sure I've rattled on enough about!!!LOL

If onshore it is done same day!!

Meds are valid for 6 months I think, but as I said everything can be done and checked out through search on the website!!

Cheers guys n good luck
Mandy
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Thanks for the replys, the student visa process is pretty quick compared to the 176 pr visa, will look on the government website again mandyp, i just keep forgetting what i have already read, i think it's just excitement because i know we're getting closer to our dream.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replys, the student visa process is pretty quick compared to the 176 pr visa, will look on the government website again mandyp, i just keep forgetting what i have already read, i think it's just excitement because i know we're getting closer to our dream.
HI,
We just got our student visa granted.
17 days start to finish.
regards.
Sean(flying out this thursday. eek!)
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:02 am
Just Joined

sunshine 27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sean
HI,
17 days start to finish.
regards.
congratulations sean

we applied for student visa 2 weeks ago, 17 days that is quick, hopefully we will hear soon.
Good luck in Oz
Old Nov 11th 2007, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

HI,
17 days start to finish.
regards.
Many congratulations Sean, glad it all went well specially as your flights are this week, how exciting!!!!

A know what it's like Bradburns, you hear n read so much info that it all becomes a bit of an overload!! A just think that it's always best to check everythin out on the gov site, it keeps you right!!!

Take care all
Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Our timeline so-far is lodged the evisa 10th Oct, sent all documents via email to the evisa helpdesk on the 17th Oct, and got an email just this Saturday to say that they are still waiting to hear the outcome of our family health assessments and x-rays from the London office. This would seem to imply that there's a slight hold-up at the London office, which maybe due to high volumes. The evisa helpdesk asked us for some info as they want to contact the london office to try and locate the medicals and enquire about the outcome.

Fingered crossed now they are located, then assessed and hopefully we should hear shortly, I'll advise you all once we receive a reply, but its already been just over 3-wks for us.

Cheers
Russ & Sarah
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

HI,
17 days start to finish.
regards.
CONGRATULATIONS Sean, 17 days WOW, hope everything goes well for you and keep us informed, well done.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Our timeline so-far is lodged the evisa 10th Oct, sent all documents via email to the evisa helpdesk on the 17th Oct, and got an email just this Saturday to say that they are still waiting to hear the outcome of our family health assessments and x-rays from the London office. This would seem to imply that there's a slight hold-up at the London office, which maybe due to high volumes. The evisa helpdesk asked us for some info as they want to contact the london office to try and locate the medicals and enquire about the outcome.

Fingered crossed now they are located, then assessed and hopefully we should hear shortly, I'll advise you all once we receive a reply, but its already been just over 3-wks for us.

Cheers
Russ & Sarah
Thanks for the reply, i bet your visa will be with you really soon. What course are you going on and where are you going?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Thanks for the reply, i bet your visa will be with you really soon. What course are you going on and where are you going?
Hi,

I'm going to study Patisserie at the William Angliss Institute of Tafe in Melbourne. Very excited about going but this waiting for the visa is doing nothing for my sanity.

Sarah and Russ
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi,

I'm going to study Patisserie at the William Angliss Institute of Tafe in Melbourne. Very excited about going but this waiting for the visa is doing nothing for my sanity.

Sarah and Russ
Hope it all goes well for you, good luck.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,
17 days start to finish.
regards.
Nice
Congrats Sean, good luck when you touch down.
I'm counting down my last 25 days too...yey
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ibioble
Nice
Congrats Sean, good luck when you touch down.
I'm counting down my last 25 days too...yey
HI all fellow students.

A big thankyou for all your kind words, and we will keep you informed as and when we find a house, internet connection ............ etc.
You all now how it is.
Best of luck to you all.
Sean & Helen....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.