Student Visa - Medicals

Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by sean
Hi Caroline,

Here,here. well said life is for living!
sean.
Hi Sean,
Thanks.
Have you had any thought on when your leaving yet?or who your flying with.

Caroline.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi Sean,
Thanks.
Have you had any thought on when your leaving yet?or who your flying with.

Caroline.
Hi caroline,
Looking at about the 14th November, shopping around now for the best deal and biggest baggage allowance!
sean.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Hi caroline,
Looking at about the 14th November, shopping around now for the best deal and biggest baggage allowance!
sean.
Hi ya,
Don't quote me on this but if you fly Air New Zealand via LA I'm sure I've read somewhere you get 40kg, if you don't mind the journey as it's a bit longer.
We're hoping to go with singapore air as it only £435each with taxes that price I got from travelbag cheaper than direct.
Let us know how you both get on you lucky devils.
Caroline
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi All fellow mad people.
Just had an e-mail from our agent to say "VISA APPROVED". yippee.
It has taken us just 17 days from start to finish.
Sunshine coast here we come!!!!!!
Sean.
Did you apply online or by post?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brockies
Did you say you have to pay for the schooling until you get PR even on a bridging visa?? Did you buy your own house?? And $15 per hour

Lyndsay
I did, and had it confirmed by EQI today ... We don't have that money so I'm considering going back to the UK for a month to make some dosh to bring back. DON'T wanna do it, but wages here are so poor we're scraping by at the mo ...

Couldn't afford a house if we wanted one!

$15ph (after tax) is about right for unskilled work I reckon. Even then companies can have 2 x 14 or 15 year olds for that money, and most places go with that ... I suppose I would.

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi ya,
I think it's a good thing to hear the ups and downs and the struggle you've had to get where you are now. I remember doing a search on student visa quite a while back and I found your posts and read almost everyone with great interest, your account was closed and I wondered how you got on. It's nice to read that your almost there and wish you luck with it all.
We haven't made our decision lightly, we have no other route to take and you only live once, so if we end up broke and destitute at least it will have been a great adventure and that we gave it a go.
Good luck again.
Caroline
That's the best way to look at it. PR is NEVER a certainty with this route, if you get it then it's a bonus!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I did, and had it confirmed by EQI today ... We don't have that money so I'm considering going back to the UK for a month to make some dosh to bring back. DON'T wanna do it, but wages here are so poor we're scraping by at the mo ...

Couldn't afford a house if we wanted one!

$15ph (after tax) is about right for unskilled work I reckon. Even then companies can have 2 x 14 or 15 year olds for that money, and most places go with that ... I suppose I would.

That's the best way to look at it. PR is NEVER a certainty with this route, if you get it then it's a bonus!
If you dont mind me asking but do you know what a Accounts Technician would get and if they are in demand in The Sunshine Coast. I am willing to do anything for the 20 hours just to muddle through... and what are you getting taxed on that amount so what is your gross line? dont answer that if you dont want to just needing insight!!!!

Lyndsay
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by werty1
Did you apply online or by post?
Sorry I am sure Sean done it online!!! He will correct me if I am wrong!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

If you dont mind me asking but do you know what a Accounts Technician would get and if they are in demand in The Sunshine Coast. I am willing to do anything for the 20 hours just to muddle through... and what are you getting taxed on that amount so what is your gross line? dont answer that if you dont want to just needing insight!!!!

Lyndsay
Hi Lyndsay,

To be honest I wouldn't have a clue what you could expect to earn in that field. What I do know (well heard) is that it's even harder finding work on the Sunshine Coast ... Our only holiday since we arrived was a weekend there and we spoke to a few people about work and stuff and got a lot of "you'll be lucky to find work here mate" replies.

I walked out of my job today for a few reasons but it was $18ph and I took home $15ph. $570 for a 38 hour week, and to be honest that's crap money, but as ppl say ... it's 'Gold Coast wages'.

LOVELY place, but if unskilled it's bloody hard to earn a dollar ...
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Hi Lyndsay,

To be honest I wouldn't have a clue what you could expect to earn in that field. What I do know (well heard) is that it's even harder finding work on the Sunshine Coast ... Our only holiday since we arrived was a weekend there and we spoke to a few people about work and stuff and got a lot of "you'll be lucky to find work here mate" replies.

I walked out of my job today for a few reasons but it was $18ph and I took home $15ph. $570 for a 38 hour week, and to be honest that's crap money, but as ppl say ... it's 'Gold Coast wages'.

LOVELY place, but if unskilled it's bloody hard to earn a dollar ...
I'm starting to get scared now, reading your other post yesterday and this one today, it's got me thinking. I'm glad you're being honest and people considering this route need to be made aware how difficult it is and could be for them, so thanks. I have wanted to emigrate to oz for such a long time now and am willing to give it a go, but i've started to think would it be easier for me to train as a nurse (4 years) and apply for pr, that way we will have all the savings from our house to take with us to be able to buy in oz, that would obviously be better financially, but it's how long it takes, i want to be gone now. If i was confident about even one of us finding 20 hrs work per week, that would pay our rent or most of it anyway. If you are struggling and you took £90 with you, i think we're gonna find it exceptionally hard, depending on how much our house sells for we will have between £35,000 - £50,000. Can i ask did you waste any of the money you took over, or overspend unnecessarily, sorry to ask but i just need to know if this idea is way out of our league. What do you think? Lisa.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

Av missed loads whilst the computer was away, pain in the "a" using others, PC's so just stuck to what a needed to do!!

Hi to Angie, Julie, Maggstobris and Paulandnic, excellent info and totally huge congrats Sean, We'r still waiting and well jealous!!!!

Went onto check the flight prices there and they've gone up!!!! Just mulling over whether to book now or wait, wait wait.... Argh 4 weeks till we wanna go and we're so fed up!!!!!

Spoke to the agent again last week n he spoke to co in London, still held up in Sydney backlog, damn that doctor, think I'l e-mail her n make her feel bad that our flight prices have gone up!!!!

Only positive am looking at is that we'd fly singapore now instead of Qantas, less luggage but apparantly better flight!!!!!

Trying desperately to keep our chins up!!!

Oh yeah, I also handed in my notice for work on Monday, so please please please Sydney, just approve the visa!!!

Moan n gripe over, cheers for reading!!!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I am sure Sean done it online!!! He will correct me if I am wrong!!!
HI, applied online for the visa. Just got my confirmation letters from the embassy this morning, good timing really as i did my last night at work last night.!
sean.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

HI, applied online for the visa. Just got my confirmation letters from the embassy this morning, good timing really as i did my last night at work last night.!
sean.
HI Mandy,

Thanks for the congrats, hang on in there it will arrive soon!
Getting a bit depressed reading paul&Nics posts now!
Oh well.
Sean
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

sean.
I thought I would send you some Karma for getting the confirmation through when do you plan on going Sean??

Hang in there Mand everything will fall into place cant believe you and Sean are and have finished up work to go how exciting?? Hey guys can I ask how much you's are taking with you? For living costs including cars, rent etc I had a figure in mind but not to sure now I will have alot of equity to take over but wanted to put that into property so I wouldnt have to pay to much rent??

Lyndsay
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bradburns
I'm starting to get scared now, reading your other post yesterday and this one today, it's got me thinking. I'm glad you're being honest and people considering this route need to be made aware how difficult it is and could be for them, so thanks. I have wanted to emigrate to oz for such a long time now and am willing to give it a go, but i've started to think would it be easier for me to train as a nurse (4 years) and apply for pr, that way we will have all the savings from our house to take with us to be able to buy in oz, that would obviously be better financially, but it's how long it takes, i want to be gone now. If i was confident about even one of us finding 20 hrs work per week, that would pay our rent or most of it anyway. If you are struggling and you took £90 with you, i think we're gonna find it exceptionally hard, depending on how much our house sells for we will have between £35,000 - £50,000. Can i ask did you waste any of the money you took over, or overspend unnecessarily, sorry to ask but i just need to know if this idea is way out of our league. What do you think? Lisa.
I was told to study in UK and come over, but like you wanted to be here NOW!! ... so here we are.

Yeah we'd of loved to have bought the money and threw in on a house but with no chance of PR it was our only chance of getting it so went with it. We both say all the time altho we've done every penny to our name, we'd 100% def do it again!

Waste money or overspend? Well yeah we did but we said if we don't make PR we want our 2 years to be 2 of the best years of our lives. Don't get me wrong, we haven't had a proper holiday, didn't go overboard on the cars, and don't gamble ... ... but I reckon we could've gone easier fa sure!

There was thread on here a while back about a family of 4 living of $80k per year and the general consensus was that you can. Some do it on a lot less too! We worked that we spend roughly $1,000 a week to get by, and that's NOT being extravagant at all. We live in a modest house and rent is just under $400pw, throw into that all the rest and we as I say spend $1,000 pw roughly. The £90k DID as I said pay for 2 cars and ALL course fee's too. Both me and Nic was studying to start with and that was $34k and we spent just under $40k on 2 cars. So far we've paid $25k odd on kids fee's so if you have no kids, ride a pushbike and live in a tent I reckon you can do it on a lot less ...
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

I thought I would send you some Karma for getting the confirmation through when do you plan on going Sean??

Hang in there Mand everything will fall into place cant believe you and Sean are and have finished up work to go how exciting?? Hey guys can I ask how much you's are taking with you? For living costs including cars, rent etc I had a figure in mind but not to sure now I will have alot of equity to take over but wanted to put that into property so I wouldnt have to pay to much rent??

Lyndsay
I know I was reading paulandnic's post with much interest too!!

I have to say though, we'l be taking a lot less than you Lindsay and probably a lot less than I'd originally thought we'd have ( £30.000).

I'm hoping that everyone is taking the hint when we've said not to bother with leaving presents!!LOL

We'r thinking positively though, a guy we know was telling us the other day that his brother (immigrated 30 years ago), is a mr big in the construction industry ( apparantly worldwide n not just Australia by the way woowh!!).

He's gonna pass on our details and he's gave us his, he's based in Brisbane. We'l see what comes out of it but we hope it's even just a contact to line Colin up with some work.

Apparently labouring is very well paid.

It's all about luck n being bold as brass as far as i'm concerned!!! We'l have a budget n we'll need to stick to it, simple as.

I know i'm probably being very nieve but you spend whatever you have wherever you are. There's a really good thread about someone who's been in the gold coast for a few years n they arrived with a couople a suitcases n a few hundred GBP, if they can do it then anyone can!!!!

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.