Student Visa - Medicals

Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi Caroline, I see you are from Herts aswell, whereabouts?, we are in Stevenage, although hopefully soon to be Melbourne just after the new year. Dr Stanley was good especially as he came to our house which saved a few pennies, as he explained that it would be cheaper than at pinehill as he doesn't need to hire a consultancy room. It worked out just over £400 for the 4 of us, which isn't too bad.

Have you lodged your application yet??

You can get the list of docs from the immi website pumpkin blossom or also when the evisa is lodged it produces a list of docs. good luck with your plans.

Take care

Sarah & Russell
HI All,
Well done on getting the meds out of the way, it is a relief when they are finally done.
We did our's on the 6th of this month and the goverment site now says "medicals finalised" from today, so atleast we know they got them ok.
Now we all wait!
Just can't wait to get to the sunshine coast now!
Best wishes to you all.
Sean...
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi Caroline, I see you are from Herts aswell, whereabouts?, we are in Stevenage, although hopefully soon to be Melbourne just after the new year. Dr Stanley was good especially as he came to our house which saved a few pennies, as he explained that it would be cheaper than at pinehill as he doesn't need to hire a consultancy room. It worked out just over £400 for the 4 of us, which isn't too bad.

Have you lodged your application yet??

You can get the list of docs from the immi website pumpkin blossom or also when the evisa is lodged it produces a list of docs. good luck with your plans.

Take care

Sarah & Russell

Hi ya,
We're in Cheshunt.
We lodged ours on Friday but we got to pay school fees for one of the boys by the end of this month before a visa is granted. Been waiting for the exchange rate to improve and house to sell but looks like I'll have to get me credit card out

Caroline
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi ya,
We're in Cheshunt.
We lodged ours on Friday but we got to pay school fees for one of the boys by the end of this month before a visa is granted. Been waiting for the exchange rate to improve and house to sell but looks like I'll have to get me credit card out

Caroline
Hiya Caroline, how soon before the course starts do you have to pay the school fees for school age children and do you have to pay the whole amount or just per term? Lisa
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hiya Caroline, how soon before the course starts do you have to pay the school fees for school age children and do you have to pay the whole amount or just per term? Lisa

Sorry I would like to see the answer to that also!!! Just waiting on the written confirmation from the school. Did you have to choose the school they have to attend before you get there also???
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Hi,
I have till the 2nd Nov to pay a whole year they will extend this but my agent says I won't get my visa until this is paid.
It's $8200 and $100 of that is a fine because I haven't chosen a school yet, if I find a school within 2wks of arriving in oz they refund me the $100.
I know somewhere on a previous post, it was mentioned private being cheaper but the private schools have different fees for international students, and it's more than the above.

Caroline.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Hi,
I have till the 2nd Nov to pay a whole year they will extend this but my agent says I won't get my visa until this is paid.
It's $8200 and $100 of that is a fine because I haven't chosen a school yet, if I find a school within 2wks of arriving in oz they refund me the $100.
I know somewhere on a previous post, it was mentioned private being cheaper but the private schools have different fees for international students, and it's more than the above.

Caroline.
Thanks Boobear, so it's approx. 3 months before your course starts that you have to pay for a whole years schooling? If so, looks like we better hurry up with finishing the house and just get it up for sale so that we have the funds to pay these fees. Are you finding the rental prices on sunshine coast quite expensive or am i just being tight? was hoping not to spend all of savings whilst hubbie is on the course, was hoping to have a bit left to get us back onto the property ladder when we have pr.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hi,

Caroline.

So I will have to pay $16000 for the 2 kids school before the visa is accepted??? I thought maybe 1 semester Need to sell the house asap....

Yeah I heard about the private schools I have been looking into it but it does work out more expensive!!!!!

Does anyone know if you choose the kids school like what we have and we decide to change when we get there is this allowed and will there be a fee???

Lyndsay
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brockies
So I will have to pay $16000 for the 2 kids school before the visa is accepted??? I thought maybe 1 semester Need to sell the house asap....

Yeah I heard about the private schools I have been looking into it but it does work out more expensive!!!!!

Does anyone know if you choose the kids school like what we have and we decide to change when we get there is this allowed and will there be a fee???

Lyndsay
Don't know the answer to your question Lyndsay but it's all money aint it, it doesn't seem fair to have to pay all that without the visa, but hey ho lifes not fair. When do you think you will be putting your house up?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Don't know the answer to your question Lyndsay but it's all money aint it, it doesn't seem fair to have to pay all that without the visa, but hey ho lifes not fair. When do you think you will be putting your house up?

The course doesnt start until July 2008 so we intend on putting it up in the new year. Hopefully it sells for the June time?????

Yeah on study visa's its spend spend spend but it will hopefully all be worth it
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:09 am
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Quick reply, we just did visa for student QLD High School but half year is normal for paying fees in advance. Visa is easy....application etc. took hours and hours...
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

hello,
just thought i'd introduce us, we are due to lodge our student visa app in 4 days, was concerned to read all this about medicals as I thought they had to be done after you have lodged an online application. I am married with 4 kids so was kinda hopin they might not ask but it sounds like they always do ask for a medical!

So cool to see other people with kids going in this route we thought we were the only other nutters doing it! We've already got a buyer for the house just need the visa now!
julie n lee
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hello,
just thought i'd introduce us, we are due to lodge our student visa app in 4 days, was concerned to read all this about medicals as I thought they had to be done after you have lodged an online application. I am married with 4 kids so was kinda hopin they might not ask but it sounds like they always do ask for a medical!

So cool to see other people with kids going in this route we thought we were the only other nutters doing it! We've already got a buyer for the house just need the visa now!
julie n lee
Hi Julie and Lee

We have 2 kids 9 and 6 and we are moving to the Sunshine Coast in July 2008. We have been issued with a COE and now in the process of medicals and the visa!!! What are you studying and where??

Lyndsay
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brockies
Hi Julie and Lee

We have 2 kids 9 and 6 and we are moving to the Sunshine Coast in July 2008. We have been issued with a COE and now in the process of medicals and the visa!!! What are you studying and where??

Lyndsay
hiya, i am doing a degree in nursing, which if successfully completed, (takes 3 yrs) then we can apply for a bridging visa and apply for pr. We are going to Tassie, studying in Launceston. julie
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by southern-stars
hello,

julie n lee
Hiya Julie & Lee,

We too have kids aged 7 and 1 and we're hoping to go to the sunshine coast via the student route. We have just sent in our application to the tafe through study options. Just got to wait for study options to approve it and send it on to tafe in QLD. We've not yet finished our house, but as soon as we have then we will put it up for sale.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi Julie and Lee

Welcome to the Mad people thread.. oops meant Student thread, we too have children 2 boy's aged 9 and 7. I'm off to Melbourne in January to do a Diploma in Hospitality Management (Patisserie side), have had our Medical's and lodged our visa, sold our house, now just waiting for the Man from OZ to say YES!.
Good Luck

Sarah and Russell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.