Student Visa - Medicals

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Hiya, we're hoping to go down the same route and have a daughter aged 7, as far as i'm aware we'll be paying $5,000 per uear for her studies. Hope this helps.
Sorry my mistake, it's $8,000 not $5,000 like i origionally said, I've just looked back through my paperwork. Sorry.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Migg to Bris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ibioble
I'm going to Brissy too and I'll probably meet your OH, as I'm doing the same course at Yeronga Tafe.

When is OH start date?
I'm planning on starting at the end of feb, hopefully applying today or tomorrow.
thanks everyone for your replies our agent give us some bum info she said $4000 max per year

My OH is planning to start on 4/2 you may bump into each other he cant wait to start but he is a little nervous not having been to school for years he is 37 are we all mad doing this it must be the most expensive way to do it but i suppose it will be worth it when we are PR eventually
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Migg to Bris

My OH is planning to start on 4/2 you may bump into each other he cant wait to start but he is a little nervous not having been to school for years he is 37 are we all mad doing this it must be the most expensive way to do it but i suppose it will be worth it when we are PR eventually
Tell the old boy not to worry, I'll be 31 by then so I'll take care of him....LOL

We're not mad, we just want a better quality of life.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

sunshine 27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sean
HI, age dose'nt matter you will just be classed as a "mature student" like the rest of us.
It is the be completely mad you should be more concerned about, ha, ha.
(only kidding).
Good luck with your application.
I am 37 and also attending the sunshine coast tafe from feb next year doing a brickie course.
Best wishes
Sean.
Hi, my OH is 37, he did think about brickie course but has bad back, he's relaxed about going to Oz as he will only be working 20 hours a week (if he can get a job!) his worry is what car to buy that can fit his surf board in!
( surfing doesn't hurt his back!!!)
Angie
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunshine 27
Hi, my OH is 37, he did think about brickie course but has bad back, he's relaxed about going to Oz as he will only be working 20 hours a week (if he can get a job!) his worry is what car to buy that can fit his surf board in!
( surfing doesn't hurt his back!!!)
Angie
My OH used to be a brickie from leaving school to moving in with me and having our son he got made redundant took the first job he was offered to pay the bills etc and has been driving ever since so he now fancies another change of career he is good with wood he has built wardrobes and draws for our house here and they are still functional he is looking forward to the challenge and my god it will be a challenge Im just worried as we are used to having a bit of spare money to spend on rubbish how will we cope on effectively 1 wage assuming we will both get jobs at 20hrs per week, must admit part of me is glad i can only work 20hrs a week as we are both coming from jobs where 50hrs a week is normal

Ibioble you two will definitely have to meet up when we get there and you can take care of my Old man whilst he is at school make sure no one bullies him
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

My OH used to be a brickie from leaving school to moving in with me and having our son he got made redundant took the first job he was offered to pay the bills etc and has been driving ever since so he now fancies another change of career he is good with wood he has built wardrobes and draws for our house here and they are still functional he is looking forward to the challenge and my god it will be a challenge Im just worried as we are used to having a bit of spare money to spend on rubbish how will we cope on effectively 1 wage assuming we will both get jobs at 20hrs per week, must admit part of me is glad i can only work 20hrs a week as we are both coming from jobs where 50hrs a week is normal

Ibioble you two will definitely have to meet up when we get there and you can take care of my Old man whilst he is at school make sure no one bullies him
Hi All fellow mad people.
Just had an e-mail from our agent to say "VISA APPROVED". yippee.
It has taken us just 17 days from start to finish.
Sunshine coast here we come!!!!!!
Sean.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sean.
fantastic news sean, let the madness commence wow that was quick which office did you go through
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Sean.
Hi Sean,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
WELL DONE.
Now you can book your flights before the prices go up.

Caroline.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi Sean,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
WELL DONE.
Now you can book your flights before the prices go up.

Caroline.
HI all,
Went through the London office.
Sean
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Sean.
Wow Sean good news I wish we were still going on the Feb Course ahhh I have to now wait until March before I can go for our visa!!!!

Sorry I havent been on for a few days guys nice to see a few newbies to the post Welcome to the world of student visa madness......
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:06 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just been having a little read thru this thread and have to hand it to you lot as this is gonna be one of the hardest things you'll ever do!

We left the UK in March 2006 with a one way ticket to Oz, dog was in Sydney quarantine at this stage and we too had all the house sale agg, but we're here now and bloody glad we came ...

I'm 37, left school at 15 without a qualification to my name and paid the price when I wanted to migrate to Oz as no qual or skills = no chance! ...

I recently completed a Cert III in Hairdressing (was a London cabbie before so that helped ... NOT!! ...lol) as I needed MODL points and it basically gave me the best chance of success! Going back to school WAS daunting to start, but to be honest 80% of my class was doing it for PR so we was all in the same boat.

We're currently on a Bridging Visa and will know if we're successful in Jan / Feb of 2008 ... crossing ALL fingers!!

A few points.

Our kids are 17 and 15 and we've had to pay for their schooling (QLD) right up to the point we have a PR visa in our passport. I completed my course in the min amount of study time DIAC will accept (16 months ... ish) but will have to pay till early 2008 as I state. DON'T think you will only have to pay for the duration of your studies!!! ... it goes on long after that (6 months roughly) and at $8,000 ea per year, it mounts up!

Finding work with the 20 hour rule was as good as impossible! ... In the duration of my course I gained one months work delivering pizza's for $15ph and Nic (who was available 24/7) had a spell with the theme parks (same money), but that dried up and was scratching for the rest of the time! 20 hours is ridiculous if you ask me, but there is a reason for this! I don't know it, but it's out there ...

All I'm saying is you will NEED heaps of money to do this route. We bought £90k from the UK (to survive and pay for ALL fee's and buy cars etc) and by the time we got to the end we HAD to sell one of our vehicles to pay bills. Australia (well, Gold Coast) is NOT a cheap place to live! Petrol might be 50p a litre but we covered 35,000k's in 16 months ... do the maths!

I'm NOT trying to put anyone off, but just trying to warn you all that this IS a VERY expensive was to earn PR over here. If like me it's your ONLY chance of success then bloody go for it! I've said all along if we fail then 2 years over here in my books is worth £90k.

Do your research (on here and DIAC website), and best of luck to you all!

PR will mean more to you than ANYONE who has been given it on a plate as believe me, you WILL have earned it!!

Rules have changed since my application went in (pre Sept 1 ... JUST!!!) and you'll all prob need to get the years work exp, but Australia IS a lovely place to live and worth every penny ...

Goodnight / afternoon! ...
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
I've just been having a little read thru this thread and have to hand it to you lot as this is gonna be one of the hardest things you'll ever do!

We left the UK in March 2006 with a one way ticket to Oz, dog was in Sydney quarantine at this stage and we too had all the house sale agg, but we're here now and bloody glad we came ...

I'm 37, left school at 15 without a qualification to my name and paid the price when I wanted to migrate to Oz as no qual or skills = no chance! ...

I recently completed a Cert III in Hairdressing (was a London cabbie before so that helped ... NOT!! ...lol) as I needed MODL points and it basically gave me the best chance of success! Going back to school WAS daunting to start, but to be honest 80% of my class was doing it for PR so we was all in the same boat.

We're currently on a Bridging Visa and will know if we're successful in Jan / Feb of 2008 ... crossing ALL fingers!!

A few points.

Our kids are 17 and 15 and we've had to pay for their schooling (QLD) right up to the point we have a PR visa in our passport. I completed my course in the min amount of study time DIAC will accept (16 months ... ish) but will have to pay till early 2008 as I state. DON'T think you will only have to pay for the duration of your studies!!! ... it goes on long after that (6 months roughly) and at $8,000 ea per year, it mounts up!

Finding work with the 20 hour rule was as good as impossible! ... In the duration of my course I gained one months work delivering pizza's for $15ph and Nic (who was available 24/7) had a spell with the theme parks (same money), but that dried up and was scratching for the rest of the time! 20 hours is ridiculous if you ask me, but there is a reason for this! I don't know it, but it's out there ...

All I'm saying is you will NEED heaps of money to do this route. We bought £90k from the UK (to survive and pay for ALL fee's and buy cars etc) and by the time we got to the end we HAD to sell one of our vehicles to pay bills. Australia (well, Gold Coast) is NOT a cheap place to live! Petrol might be 50p a litre but we covered 35,000k's in 16 months ... do the maths!

I'm NOT trying to put anyone off, but just trying to warn you all that this IS a VERY expensive was to earn PR over here. If like me it's your ONLY chance of success then bloody go for it! I've said all along if we fail then 2 years over here in my books is worth £90k.

PR will mean more to you than ANYONE who has been given it on a plate as believe me, you WILL have earned it!!

Rules have changed since my application went in (pre Sept 1 ... JUST!!!) and you'll all prob need to get the years work exp, but Australia IS a lovely place to live and worth every penny ...

Thanks for that

My OH was is a Edinburgh Black taxi driver know how it is!!!!

Did you say you have to pay for the schooling until you get PR even on a bridging visa?? Did you buy your own house?? And $15 per hour

Lyndsay
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brockies
Thanks for that

My OH was is a Edinburgh Black taxi driver know how it is!!!!

Did you say you have to pay for the schooling until you get PR even on a bridging visa?? Did you buy your own house?? And $15 per hour

Lyndsay
Hi all,
Thanks paul&nic, lots of info there.
Did you say £90k, eek!
sean....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

A few points.

Hi ya,
I think it's a good thing to hear the ups and downs and the struggle you've had to get where you are now. I remember doing a search on student visa quite a while back and I found your posts and read almost everyone with great interest, your account was closed and I wondered how you got on. It's nice to read that your almost there and wish you luck with it all.
We haven't made our decision lightly, we have no other route to take and you only live once, so if we end up broke and destitute at least it will have been a great adventure and that we gave it a go.
Good luck again.
Caroline
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi ya,
I think it's a good thing to hear the ups and downs and the struggle you've had to get where you are now. I remember doing a search on student visa quite a while back and I found your posts and read almost everyone with great interest, your account was closed and I wondered how you got on. It's nice to read that your almost there and wish you luck with it all.
We haven't made our decision lightly, we have no other route to take and you only live once, so if we end up broke and destitute at least it will have been a great adventure and that we gave it a go.
Good luck again.
Caroline
Hi Caroline,

Here,here. well said life is for living!
sean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.