Student Visa - Medicals

Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Well I have been panicking about our house buyer for days now as the mortgage company told him they needed more test, and it has been nearly two weeks and nothing. I have just phoned him and he assures me he has been getting quotes and still wants the house. I feel quite a bit better now. It does look like he may try to haggle us down depending on what the reports say, but we can afford to go down by about £6k, IF we have to. I would rather do that than risk not selling.

I tried to phone this morning to pay for our course, but the person I needed wasn't in, just some stupid sounding girl who didn't give me much confidence in TAFE SA. LOL.

I just can't wait to be there.

Do you have to send all the passports you have ever had? I will have to send the actual passports if so, as I have far too many pages stamped to get them all notorised.

Good luck everyone.
Hi pumpkin blossom,

We're in the process of selling our house,but don't want to say to much in case I put the mocker's on it I'm stressing something cronic so I know how you feel. Regards passports I think it's just your current one they need.
Good luck with house.

Caroline.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hay good luck with the house selling guys, we had our first viewing last night and an offer in today, lower than we want and too late an entry date!!

Fingers crossed we all get what we need and a date that suits!!!!

Cheers all
Mandy
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi Caroline.

Is your child going to secondary school, as that's more than I expected... and on the education application form for enrolment in Victoria it states no application fees for international overseas students...

I also recently rec'd an email from another expats just emigrated aswell I recall to Queensland and she said that it was slightly cheaper to send her 2 children to private school as opposed to state, so after one term in state is now enrolling them in a private school to save around $1500 per annum.

Have you paid your fees yet caroline.

It's so confusing isn't it, but just think soon ice cold beers/wine on the beach!!
Cheers
Russ & Sarah
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Good luck Mandy fingers crossed for you....

Hey Russ and Sarah I was thinking of putting my kids to private school as I also heard it can be just as cheap not sure how do it but that is on my next agenda to find out about!!!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by boobear
Hi Lyndsay,
Just noticed on a previous post you said the school fee's were $5000 if you don't mind me asking who told you that?
as we've been told $8100.
As for schools if you look on www.education.qld.gov.au they have a schools directory show you every school on the sunshine coast if that helps.Hope I've done that link right.

Caroline.
Hi Caroline

As you will see from other comments that it various from State but you are also going to Queensland I'm not exactly sure where I read it I will find out for you...

Lyndsay
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi Caroline.

Is your child going to secondary school, as that's more than I expected... and on the education application form for enrolment in Victoria it states no application fees for international overseas students...

I also recently rec'd an email from another expats just emigrated aswell I recall to Queensland and she said that it was slightly cheaper to send her 2 children to private school as opposed to state, so after one term in state is now enrolling them in a private school to save around $1500 per annum.

Have you paid your fees yet caroline.

It's so confusing isn't it, but just think soon ice cold beers/wine on the beach!!
Cheers
Russ & Sarah
Hi ya,
No we haven't paid fee's yet, got till the 2nd of Nov if house sale goes through. My eldest is 51/2 and I have an invoice from QLD Education, we also have to pay a $100 fine for not having chose a school.
Still can't wait to get there.

Caroline.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi, below is the pm I rec'd a few wks back which some of you might find interesting, it's worth checking this out.

We used an agent without knowing we could do it ourselves!!, but from what i understood, they regisrered the boys with Queensland Education authority, we paid a terms fees, and they confirmed that they had been enroled onto the states education and this was sent with the visa. When we got here we then had to decide what school to send them to. Having said that, we are now changing from state to private, as the state where charging us $2000 per term per child, and the local private school is $1250 cheaper per term for both of them, so try and find out fees for all of them before you decide.

Regards

Russ & Sarah
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi, below is the pm I rec'd a few wks back which some of you might find interesting, it's worth checking this out.

We used an agent without knowing we could do it ourselves!!, but from what i understood, they regisrered the boys with Queensland Education authority, we paid a terms fees, and they confirmed that they had been enroled onto the states education and this was sent with the visa. When we got here we then had to decide what school to send them to. Having said that, we are now changing from state to private, as the state where charging us $2000 per term per child, and the local private school is $1250 cheaper per term for both of them, so try and find out fees for all of them before you decide.

Regards

Russ & Sarah

Thanks for that I have been trying to enquire about the schooling for the children!!!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Scottiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to everyone on this thread, just to say it I enjoyed reading as my wife can see it is just not us panicking about going on a student visa, we are going to melbourne and studying at the ANIBT, anybody else going there.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scottiew
Hi to everyone on this thread, just to say it I enjoyed reading as my wife can see it is just not us panicking about going on a student visa, we are going to melbourne and studying at the ANIBT, anybody else going there.
Hi Scottiew,

Yeah there's a few of us on here taking the bull by the horns, so to speak!!
Last resort stuff but you gotta do wot you gotta do!!!

I'm sure there is someone going to Melbourne can't remember off hand, sorry!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 28th 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi scottiew, yeah we are also going to melbourne this Jan, course starts beginning of Feb... Sarah is studying patisserie at the william angliss institute, in CBD, where's yours located and what you going to be studying. What does that ANIBT stand for... as I've seen that a few times

I think the hardiest bit is maybe the schools, not only the costs but trying to figure out which area and what school....

How far are you down the process...

Difficult route, but as we all know it's probably the only option we have..

Russ & Sarah (luke & Liam)
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Aaahhh the school fees are $8000 per year per child!!!!! I had only budgeted $5000 thats a extra $12000 I have to find for the 2 years....
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi Carlton Cold, yeah we are not going until next June unfortunatly, lucky for us we haven't got to worry about kids schools as its just me and the wife msutn't forget the dog, have recieved my coe so just the meds apply for visa and sell the house.

Yeah it is a difficult route, but you have to chase your dreams, unfortunately for us we passed the TRA got dropped down to 40 points from 60 and my cousin had moved out of the designated area so everything went wrong for us, so that is why we have chosen this route.

I will be studying Refrigertation and Air Conditioning, Project Management and Business

It is in CBD
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Our import licence for our dog arrived today so that is one step closer. Yay.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pumpkin Blossom, which agent are you using for your dog and if you don't mind me asking what sort of cost are we looking at, as I will be taking are dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.