Student Visa - Medicals

Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

boobear will become famous soon enoughboobear will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

Originally Posted by Brockies
Im a wee bit sad that this is post is dying

I thought it was good that we were all keeping each other informed Let me know how you are all doing

Lyndsay

(god is sound stalker like)
Hi stalker(only kidding)

I'm sad too house sale seems to have ground to a halt,meds next week can't help worrying and to top it all I've been reading on another post really negative things on the Tafe and course I'm going to do
Sorry to rant but feel a little bit better now I've got that of my chest.
Caroline.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

sean is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a wee bit sad that this is post is dying

I thought it was good that we were all keeping each other informed Let me know how you are all doing

Lyndsay

(god is sound stalker like)
HI All,

We put in our student application on friday and had our medicals on the saturday (6th), but unfortunatly the doctor has asked us to get a letter from our gp regarding an illness my wife had years back.
More delays.
Finish work in 3 weeks, oh well!
Having a case of the last minute nerves now wondering what the hell we are doing, will i get a job, will i get pr, will our nerves hold out r will the stress finish us of for good.
Best of luck to everyone.
Sean.(bricklaying Feb 08 sunshine coast tafe.)
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hi guys thanks for you replies!!!

I have also been reading very negative comments about TAFE and Riborg who we have went through for my OH's course in July (Tafe SC Bricklaying). All I can say is that she was and still is very helpful to us I cant say a bad word about her she had advised us that we could have went on my other courses but we probably wouldnt get PR at the end but on the brickies course at the moment it is of high demand so you get extra points!!!

All we can do is try our bests I just dont like the idea of spending all that money and have to come home after 2 years I wont allow it :curse: lol

We are also at the Medical stages and we have just chosen our kids school from here

From your friendly stalker

Lyndsay
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lyndsay,

Not dying, just nothing happening!!!

We're still in 2 minds about just going ahead with booking things, totally frustrated at the moment!!

My main concern actually with bookin is if the passports etc are going to be back on time!!

Hope everyone is well
Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Funny how we'r all feelin similar negative vibes at the moment!!! Must be something in the air!!!

If we all want it bad enough then it'l happen for us, n a hear you Lyndsay, no chance of us coming back here either!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi everyone,

Quite a few of us in the same boat!!!

First point of search is what course and where as courses are limited for international students and it has to be at least a two year course.

We went through www.studyoptions.com a guy called Stefan. Really good, don't charge any fee (though am sure get a cut through the colledge fees?) and if you give him an idea of coures you are interested in and area you'd like to go to, he'l organise it all.

You can obviously go through any TAFE yourself, just google and contact them youselves.

Once you have your COE ( certificate of enrolement) you can apply for the visa. COE was e-mailed to us.

For visa info www.immi.gov.au/students/

This is the info our agent gave us for gaining PR status through student route.

From 1/9/07 regulations changed to 12 months work experience on completion of the course.

Once course is completed, these are the visa options.

Class UQ Subclass 497- graduate Skilled Visa. 6 month visa to enable us to apply for subclasses 495, 880, 881, 882.

There is also form 157p - permission to work - once the course has started it is possible to request permission to work more than 20 hours per week.

Another point, we are only using the student visa as a means to enter legally, our aim once there is to try to get a sponsored visa through work. But it will all just depend on how things go once we're over.

cheers all
Mandy
Hello Mandy, i was told yesterday at the coventry expo that a graduate visa was for 18 months. My sister would need this time to gain her 12 mnts work exp, then the extra time to apply for PR, is this incorrect? I have heard so many conflicting stories that i don't know what to think. I'm sure you lot on here will put me right.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Funny how we'r all feelin similar negative vibes at the moment!!! Must be something in the air!!!

If we all want it bad enough then it'l happen for us, n a hear you Lyndsay, no chance of us coming back here either!!

Cheers
Mandy
Hi All,

Can somebody tell me about this negativity you talk of with regard to the TAFE, what sort of thing is it? or where can i read about it.
Sean.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Could someone point me in the direction of anywhere where is says you now have to work for a year? I can't find it anywhere, and have only heared a couple of people on here who have been told it.
I read all the Sep 1st changes when they were anounced and there was nothing about it there and this is still on the government website: http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...I-900Hours.htm and on searching I can't see anything to say this has changed.

I have been in contact with 3 agents before 1st Sep, who all told me about the new 18 month visa, but all said this was so you could get the 900 hours in, no mention of a year.

If you have a search on the immigration website you will see that subclasses 495, 880, 881, 882 don't exist anymore.
You can only apply to work for 20 hours a week once the course has started, unless you are doing a degree.
Yesterday i was told that there a lot of people training for trades, especially as hairdressers, just to gain resedency, then not doing this after qualification. The agent that told me this said that the government were thinking of imposing penalties for people that did this. Maybe this is where the 12 month work experience thing came from. I was actually told this aswell though from every agent that i spoke to. (most of the agents were Australian, could they just be getting the information faster than us in oz). Don't really know a definite answer to give you, but i hope this helped.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sean
Hi All,

Can somebody tell me about this negativity you talk of with regard to the TAFE, what sort of thing is it? or where can i read about it.
Sean.
And me please, what's the negativity about. People are going to be spending a hell of a lot of money going down the student visa route, so if there's something that's not looking too great about the TAFE then please let me know. Thanks.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Sean.
I have read about some negativity regarding SC TAFE in this post "Student visa/hairdressing need help" still in the immigration posts!!! Read it and see what you think alot seems to be for hairdressing so still
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hay guys,

Think we all need to calm down a bit here!!!!

If you read through this thread, there's a hell of a lot of info regarding everything and a lot of confusion cleared, I think!!

The whole year work experience is to do with gaining extra points and also needed if you will be over 30 years after the course.

When choosing a course to do through any education provider, it has to be 2 years in order to qualify for proceeding visa's to gain PR and also the eventual qualification should be on the the MODL list.

This is the broad take on it all. I think a lot of the courses have been shortened to under the two years. Once holidays are considered I think a 2 year course works out at 1year 9 months. Hairdressing in particular, has changed, I don't know any details though!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

I have read about some negativity regarding SC TAFE in this post "Student visa/hairdressing need help" still in the immigration posts!!! Read it and see what you think alot seems to be for hairdressing so still
Hi All,

Just read the post mentioned, does seem to mostly relate to hairdressing but now raises more concerns and doubts for me certainly.
Could all this talk of pr at the end of courses just all be hot air?
Who can say, all i know is that my course is 2 years and at the end i should be able to apply for pr.( that is the bricklaying course at the tafe in Nambour)
Any thoughts?
Sean.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Hay guys,

Think we all need to calm down a bit here!!!!

If you read through this thread, there's a hell of a lot of info regarding everything and a lot of confusion cleared, I think!!

The whole year work experience is to do with gaining extra points and also needed if you will be over 30 years after the course.

When choosing a course to do through any education provider, it has to be 2 years in order to qualify for proceeding visa's to gain PR and also the eventual qualification should be on the the MODL list.

This is the broad take on it all. I think a lot of the courses have been shortened to under the two years. Once holidays are considered I think a 2 year course works out at 1year 9 months. Hairdressing in particular, has changed, I don't know any details though!!

Cheers
Mandy
At the coventry expo yesterday me & my sister talked to a lady at the go down under stand who was giving information about hairdressing courses and the training schools they use add on an extra 6 months in salon management to increase the course to the full 2 years, because she said they only last about 18 months without this, maybe this is when the hols etc are taken off.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Just read the post mentioned, does seem to mostly relate to hairdressing but now raises more concerns and doubts for me certainly.
Could all this talk of pr at the end of courses just all be hot air?
Who can say, all i know is that my course is 2 years and at the end i should be able to apply for pr.( that is the bricklaying course at the tafe in Nambour)
Any thoughts?
Sean.

Not sure Sean we dealt with Riborg when she was at the Edinburgh Expo and she said that Bricklayers on the Sunshine Coast are sought after thats why they have put Bricklaying on the list of Courses as they dont do it anywhere else in Oz as we have checked it out. So since it is on the demand list (just now anyway) you get extra points!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bradburns
At the coventry expo yesterday me & my sister talked to a lady at the go down under stand who was giving information about hairdressing courses and the training schools they use add on an extra 6 months in salon management to increase the course to the full 2 years, because she said they only last about 18 months without this, maybe this is when the hols etc are taken off.
Hiya,

Just double check the course, I remember reading somewhere on BE saying that courses couldn't be specified for international students, that they had to be the same as offered to Australian citizen's.

I really have no idea about specific courses studyoptions can give that info though.

At the end of the day, a student visa is a risk to gain PR as things change, we are at the disposition of the Australian Government!!!

But it's a last resort to most of us, and a risk hubby n me are willing to take!!!

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.